IGNORED

Nige Charged By the FA

Silvio Dante

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He was right.

Said this before but Pearson has no track record as a serial complainer about refs, I cannot remember him making even the mildest comment about one before. 

They won’t, but the FA should be taking this into consideration & trying to establish why he was so hacked off by that clown’s performance.

Oh no there's been a couple back in the day. He called Mike Dean the most arrogant man on the planet, or words to that effect, after we lost 4-3 at Tottenham. The reason he started sitting in the stands is because he was sent off and then made comments about the ref when we lost at Charlton in 13/14. Then I can't remember who it was against but Gavin Ward upset him once by supposedly interrupting his half time team talk. An infamous night due to a thread on foxestalk beforehand when somebody the ref was his mate before the game and then he put in the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. i'm sure there must be more, admittedly he does seemed to have calmed down since his time with us.

In fact I miss some of Pearson's comments. I'm not a huge fan of whinging about refs but he was at least amusing with it and everyone we've had since has been a bit vanilla.
Here's his Mike Dean piece https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9770497/pearson-furious-with-arrogant-referee ?

Edited by Ostrich
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ostrich said:

Oh no there's been a couple back in the day. He called Mike Dean the most arrogant man on the planet, or words to that effect, after we lost 4-3 at Tottenham. The reason he started sitting in the stands is because he was sent off and then made comments about the ref when we lost at Charlton in 13/14. Then I can't remember who it was against but Gavin Ward upset him once by supposedly interrupting his half time team talk. An infamous night due to a thread on foxestalk beforehand when somebody the ref was his mate before the game and then he put in the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. i'm sure there must be more, admittedly he does seemed to have calmed down since his time with us.

In fact I miss some of Pearson's comments. I'm not a huge fan of whinging about refs but he was at least amusing with it and everyone we've had since has been a bit vanilla.

Fair enough, but that’s some time ago & in the 40 odd games he’s been in charge of us, I don’t recall any.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ostrich said:

Here's his Mike Dean piece https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9770497/pearson-furious-with-arrogant-referee ?

You'd be hard pressed to find anybody to disagree with him about Mike Dean though.?

29 minutes ago, myol'man said:

He was only saying what we were all thinking!

This is true, but it's an expensive habit. Were I him, I'd have just said: "Managers are not allowed to publicly criticise referees directly, but I will be asking the FA to review Mr Davies and his assistants' performance and submitting my own thoughts on the matter".  The unspoken inference would tell you just what he thought of those clowns. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This is true, but it's an expensive habit. Were I him, I'd have just said: "Managers are not allowed to publicly criticise referees directly, but I will be asking the FA to review Mr Davies and his assistants' performance and submitting my own thoughts on the matter".  The unspoken inference would tell you just what he thought of those clowns. 

Or do a Ron Atkinson and say "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat".

• Haha 7

47 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Sometimes it’s worth the fine to have the comments in public 

Managers being fined after criticising  a referee after a poor performance smacks of ‘Big Brother’ - it designed to put them beyond reproach which applies in no other profession.

Its crap imv.

• Like 1

He said the officials were awful and the ref should be doing park football. I get why he's got the charge as I'm sure he is also.

I was livid so i don't blame him at all. Take the fine, get on with it and hope the ref gets his performance picked apart by his bosses because it was crap.

I totally back Nigel on his comments perfectly correct the referee was a total disgrace. I can understand why the players became frustrated. 
The EFL should have a way that clubs can lodge complaints about a referees performance, and allow video evidence of game to be used by the manager charged to back up his comments 

The referee was terrible, worse than that even, he looked to be deliberately giving decisions against us. However the referees assessor would have the dvd and in this case there were decisions made that would have been part of a report. 

As much as it’s galling managers need to keep there comments to themselves and publicly refer to reading the assessors report and the referees report also asking the authorities by letter to properly review the match officials performance. By making public comment you turn the fire on you, the referee will be a lot more worried by facing a performance review. 

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The referee was terrible, worse than that even, he looked to be deliberately giving decisions against us. However the referees assessor would have the dvd and in this case there were decisions made that would have been part of a report. 

As much as it’s galling managers need to keep there comments to themselves and publicly refer to reading the assessors report and the referees report also asking the authorities by letter to properly review the match officials performance. By making public comment you turn the fire on you, the referee will be a lot more worried by facing a performance review. 

They don’t give a shit about all that , fact is the bloke was an absolute C*** on the day and gets away with being a C*** and no one is allowed to question it!!! …JOKE! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

They don’t give a shit about all that , fact is the bloke was an absolute C*** on the day and gets away with being a C*** and no one is allowed to question it!!! …JOKE! 

They are allowed to question it. That’s the point. Press statements are just a bloke (metaphorically) saying c*** a lot for public consumption!

But hey ho!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 1