IGNORED

Gert Meyer 1979

Roadrunner

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I overheard a conversation after yet another drubbing by Wolves and David bloody Kelly that "if Mark Shail was in a marching band, he would be on the piano!"

That is a superb line! However, Mark was actually quite good, in my musical opinion.

He might not have played any solos but was certainly better than first triangle or cymbal player. A competent souzaphone player more like.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Looked up my old programmes.

Pertti came initially on a pre-season loan from IFK Eskilstuna (the team I couldn't recall,)  where he'd been playing for 18 months since he got cut from Malaga. Eskilstuna were playing in the northern half of the regional 2nd Tier of Swedish football, which was a mixture of some pros playing alongside part-timers (doesn't say which Pertti was.)  Many Pro contracts were seasonal given the way in which leagues were suspended or varied according to the prevailing weather. City played them in a pre-season friendly when on their Swedish tour, which I believe was in the middle of their season.

I wonder whether that Swedish tour was the one on which we attracted our faithful band of Swedish followers.

On the subject of which, where on earth is our Friday night, vodka consuming Swedish friend?

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wonder whether that Swedish tour was the one on which we attracted our faithful band of Swedish followers.

On the subject of which, where on earth is our Friday night, vodka consuming Swedish friend?

Haven't seen Gunner & the boys for ages,  possibly as the main contact this side decanted himself to Sweden many years ago. Top lads.