IGNORED

25 Years of OTIB

1960maaan

Congratulations OTIB for 25 years of great entertainment and long may it continue. Many thanks to Tom F and Clik for all your fantastic hard work and support. Not forgetting the great efforts of the tireless moderators who are sometimes driven to distraction by passionate posters, including yours truly.

We"re blessed to have this forum which unites us in our love of Bristol City. Keep the faith. Keep supporting OTIB.

• Like 11

Only been here since July 2015, but had been reading a while…I thought you had to pay to sign up, but found out you didn’t (I subsequently did pay though).  40k posts later…need to get a life!

But the £5 p.a. Is the best fiver I spend each year.

Here’s to another 25 years.

• Like 5

From a technical level we've been spolit over the years. It's a fine forum, you only need to visit some of those of other clubs to see how tidy it is.

It's the posters and the content that make it a great forum of course but those technical qualities just make it so much easier and user friendly.  So a big shout out to our man @TomF and the Mod/Admin team for keeping her ship shape and Bristol fashion all this time.

It's honestly my most visited website everyday for years and years now. Long may it continue.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

This is the third incarnation of the forum - you would have been on the old DC board before this which ran from 98-2003.   You can still see bits of it on the web archive wayback machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20010405201508/http://forum.bcfc.co.uk/dcboard.pl?az=list&forum=DCForumID2&conf=DCConfID2

The 1st incarnation that had no usernames/sign up is lost to the abyss now

I remember the old DC board! It was the one I first posted on as pointed out.  I obviously signed up to otib around that time - the late 90s.

Yes, Happy Birthday OTIB. 

As others have said, I too am on here several times a day - I find it entertaining, informative and funny (I often laugh out loud at some of the posts) and for me that combination is pretty much perfect and for just £5/year is excellent value. The Matchday threads alone that have been started by various people over the years that keep ‘exiled’ people like me hitting the refresh button constantly is worth that on its own.

Massive thanks from me to all those involved in the administration and operation of the Forum - and of course to all the posters that keep the content & comments coming. Please let’s keep it up & here’s to the next 25 years ?

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He was sentenced to 5 years at Warwick Crown Court in 2019, so I doubt it. The way these things work he's probably out by now.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/racing-conman-jailed-for-over-five-years-after-fleecing-punters-out-of-200-000/375158

I meant Horfield the place, but quickly realised it would be attributed to Her Majesty's. Sorry.

• Haha 1