IGNORED

25 Years of OTIB

1960maaan

8 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Must say I don’t know Richard Forrester’s background but given he’s only been in the job a week, that really is an excellent article and a step up from Gregor in my view.

Yes it's a good call getting us all on side!?

Been around since '98 or so.

Its a very well run and managed forum, one of the best out there, made the better with (mainly) quality input from members.

The polar opposite of that closed shop purporting to be a forum north of the river, with the outdated software, the over moderation, and the ill informed content input by the same posters. This forum is light years away from that garbage.

19 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Love this forum.

Easily one of the best in the entire country.

Said on another thread, been here since about 2000 before we had t’interweb at home ☺️

Absolutely right. I’ve read plenty of other Championship clubs forums or ‘message boards’ and this one is miles ahead of all the ones I’ve visited.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He was sentenced to 5 years at Warwick Crown Court in 2019, so I doubt it. The way these things work he's probably out by now.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/racing-conman-jailed-for-over-five-years-after-fleecing-punters-out-of-200-000/375158

First time I read that report. Notice how he borrowed the surnames of Kevin Nugent; Ryan McGivern and Ryan Taylor for his fictitious betting experts. 

Congratulations to OTIB for 25 years and a massive thanks to TomF and all the mods for all you have done, and continue to do. This forum really is a massive part of many peoples lives, and it keeps a lot of us who are away from the area in touch with the club and all things City related. I moved to the Bournemouth area in the 80's when I was a teenager, and now I only get to a few games a season due to other commitments like my kids playing youth football etc, so this forum makes me feel like I am part of the fanbase! 

Personally, I have been lurking and reading the forum for 20 odd years, so I have enjoyed plenty of great and interesting posters over the years (and I've also enjoyed a few posters that seem to really annoy most of you ?)......Here's to another 25 years of OTIB! 

• Like 5

I think what makes the forum interesting is the wide range of styles / personalities / behaviour of the various contributors. From the sublime to the ridiculous; from the sensible to the lunatic fringe; from the analytical  to the masters of awful puns; from the ITK to the I know diddly squat but I don’t care. Everyone is welcome, even the few sensible fellows from tent city in Horfield 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 4
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Been around since '98 or so.

Its a very well run and managed forum, one of the best out there, made the better with (mainly) quality input from members.

The polar opposite of that closed shop purporting to be a forum north of the river, with the outdated software, the over moderation, and the ill informed content input by the same posters. This forum is light years away from that garbage.

We’re light years away on everything 

the gap has never been so large 

I can only echo those who’ve expressed what a truly magnificent forum this is. 

Also delighted to have one of my threads feature as one of the highlighted ones in that excellent article. I imagine a certain poster is slightly less delighted! ? 

There are too many of you to name who I’d Gladly have a pint with. 

Thanks for your hard word @TomF

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, swanker said:

What has happened to the Tom F thread from last night? 
I was crying with laughter reading some of the comments, absolutely hilarious. 
got up this morning, has some notifications but can’t read them. 

It got worse and was hidden from public view

• Haha 1

Wow really, just read this on "Bristol Live" quite a few posters including our own TomF and Ole and others get a mention as do a few Classic Threads. Reading through a few, certainly brings back memories, interesting info on its developments over the years also.

Sadly some older posters are not with us anymore and many have changed names, but its good to get things and views of your chest and have a moan and groan.

"One of the best around" it certainly is...three cheers for OTIB heres to the next 25yrs :clap::clap::clap:

Edited by gl2