IGNORED

Curtis Fleming mic'd up

CheddarReds

I like these videos and wish that we'd had this technology when I was a boy. We just had matches to see how the pros did things and then we'd try and copy in the streets and the parks.

I've just read Andy Cole's book and he stresses how important training should be productive and enjoyable. Fleming clearly follows the same thinking. 

The number of accurate shots and headers was high - I wonder why they rarely show the same accuracy in shooting warm up on the pitch before matches? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

As long as Fulham don't play a defence Saturday I'm feeling pretty confident having watched that

That’s harsh. They can play a defence but hopefully a stationary, metal one. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Some good stuff about the striker’s runs, not just taking up positions without any thought.  Quality, brilliant, lovely!

Someone shot wide and Fleming said “quality” !!

For footballers at this level, playing against no defence and half hearted attempts by a keeper, bit surprised to see them miss and also some poor 1st touches. Its about the instinctive shot and getting it on target whilst dealing with the pressure from the defender or making the run to create the opportunity, not sure how this prepares them.

Also, no Aw? 

Interesting video, some nice touches and finishes there, so it begs the question why do we not try to play more like that more often? 

Yes it's a lot different playing in front of a defence, but sometimes recently we've struggled to string 2 or 3 passes together and get a shot on target!

Encouraging though, be interesting to see how we play against Fulham.

4 hours ago, Taz said:

Interesting video, some nice touches and finishes there, so it begs the question why do we not try to play more like that more often? 

Yes it's a lot different playing in front of a defence, but sometimes recently we've struggled to string 2 or 3 passes together and get a shot on target!

Encouraging though, be interesting to see how we play against Fulham.

To be fair, just checked and we have had 30 shots on target in our last 5 games. This is definitely an improvement compared to recent times