IGNORED

Fulham away match day thread

I can't believe at 5-2 down I'm not too upset, probably because I wasn't expecting anything. 

Bar Vyner, who's utterly awful, I think we've looked alright. I feel for Kala's who's thinking for his own and others games ATM. 

Ignore today's result and there are some positive signs moving forward. Semenyo is the striker we needed this January - get spending any money we have or can on a centre back, right back and a winger if all or any are possible. 

Brutal afternoon though against these, so clinical and clearly targeting our weakness. 

• Like 1

Deceptive scoreline in some ways. Obviously they are head and shoulders above us man for man...a Prem team playing in the Championship. Mitrovic is a class above. Any side with him up front should be walking the second tier. We are trying to take the game to them and they have ripped us apart at times. 

But we have given it a go. Bold as it seems to say this at 5-2 down at H-T, play like we are today week in and week out we'd win more than we'd lose.

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

We have no midfield and the defence cannot cope with Mitrovic . They are going to hit 7 or more again this week 

3 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

I'd take Weimann off for a midfielder, shame James ain't available. Semenyo doing the work of two up front, let's get an extra man helping out and push Massengo nearer Semenyo.

Need another in central midfield, as someone else said take Weimann or COD off. Also bring on Atkinson for Vyner.

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

League 1 defence (excluding Kalas) vs a Premier League forward line. 

Kalas who got done for the second goal (albeit I thought a blatant push) and was badly out of position for the third which stopped Vyner doing what he should have as he was worried about a free Mitrovic being played in. That Kalas? 

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

You're defending this shit. ******* pathetic 

We were always highly unlikely to win. Fulham will be top tonight maintaining ( and sadly increasing) their stunning goal difference.

If the only thing that comes out of today is that Semenyo looks exactly the player many of us hoped he was then that's still a positive day and fantastic when we dont have to play a Premiership team in waiting.

• Like 2

Have to go 4-1-4-1 as we need some extra cover centrally. Hope to get something on the break. Andi has to tuck in with Antoine up top alone. I think he'll give Palmer a go alongside Massengo with King dropping back. Put Scott right, Dasilva left,  COD off. Without James as an option, the only bit of bite would be Martin to play midfield. Won't happen though. Vyner simply has to go off as well.

• Hmmm 1
Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Seen enough,Mit is a top championship forward no doubt but has never cut it at the top level and our defenders are carrying Vyner which you can’t do

Mitrovic isn’t a top Championship forward, he’s a £20m Prem one. Serbia’s all time record goalscorer.

His record in The Prem (11 in 37 in 17/18 & 9 in 34 in 15/16) is actually decent.

Our season won’t be judged on games v Fulham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Shell-shocked.  Jeez, some poor goals conceded.

Semenyo beast-mode not enough if you defend like that.

Vyner surprised to see him centre CB in a 3...and he got beaten by Mitrovic for the first,  Kalas got beaten by him for Kebano's.

Thought it was a gamble to plays a 3412 with Scott as the 10, left us exposed when you can bypass a press with Mitrovic able to be found.  Massengo and King being exposed as a result.

O'Dowda done very little to stop Wilson, who's often found himself up against Pring.

• Like 2

It was very brave to go with an attacking line up today, however our defending is awful Massengo and KIng are not in it Vyner has been at fault for 2 or 3 of the goals but in fairness Mitrovic was fouling for all his goals little nudges on Kalas and Vyner before heading Should have had a Pen it would have been a defo if it was the other end Shit happens but we are playing well in a great game 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Shell-shocked.  Jeez, some poor goals conceded.

Semenyo beast-mode not enough if you defend like that.

Vyner surprised to see him centre CB in a 3...and he got beaten by Mitrovic for the first,  Kalas got beaten by him for Kebano's.

Thought it was a gamble to plays a 3412 with Scott as the 10, left us exposed when you can bypass a press with Mitrovic able to be found.  Massengo and King being exposed as a result.

O'Dowda done very little to stop Wilson, who's often found himself up against Pring.

It was a clear foul by Mitrovic, Pearson was very unhappy with the 4th official.

• Like 1
Just now, westonred said:

It was very brave to go with an attacking line up today, however our defending is awful Massengo and KIng are not in it Vyner has been at fault for 2 or 3 of the goals but in fairness Mitrovic was fouling for all his goals little nudges on Kalas and Vyner before heading Should have had a Pen it would have been a defo if it was the other end Shit happens but we are playing well in a great game 

Yep, definitely a pen....and one of Mitro's was a blatant push

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Kalas who got done for the second goal (albeit I thought a blatant push) and was badly out of position for the third which stopped Vyner doing what he should have as he was worried about a free Mitrovic being played in. That Kalas? 

I thought there was a clear push in the back just enough create enough space for a clear header.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

That's the frustrating thing we are playing well but will almost certainly have nothing to show for it.