IGNORED

Fulham away match day thread

They aren't defensively sound, we snuff out their midfield overload and we can create chances with our boys coming forward.

I know we are leaking chances but it is refreshing to see us get on the break and cause them issues, it will be a miracle to get something out of this game but I'm going to take the positives from Semenyo, Pring and snippets from COD. 

Refreshing to see us look dangerous, be a bit more solid in midfield and there will be less pressure on the back 3 and see where the game takes us.

• Like 2

Nige can only work with, and select from, the players we have.  I like it that he is giving it a go.  Clearly coaching of Semeneyo is beginning to pay off.

Get used to this team and approach for, less some sales and perhaps a single free in, this is us till mid decade.  With Nige in charge we might just be able to hold on to Championship place, altho realistically points deductions could make that task even harder.

Come on City, stick with us Nige -  often at our best as a club when really up against it.  Remember well the Terry Cooper golden years.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Nige can only work with, and select from, the players we have.  I like it that he is giving it a go.  Clearly coaching of Semeneyo is beginning to pay off.

Get used to this team and approach for, less some sales and perhaps a single free in, this is us till mid decade.  With Nige in charge we might just be able to hold on to Championship place, altho realistically points deductions could make that task even harder.

Come on City, stick with us Nige -  often at our best as a club when really up against it.  Remember well the Terry Cooper golden years.

That would be next season if at all, probably- debate for another thread and time etc.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mitrovic isn’t a top Championship forward, he’s a £20m Prem one. Serbia’s all time record goalscorer.

His record in The Prem (11 in 37 in 17/18 & 9 in 34 in 15/16) is actually decent.

Our season won’t be judged on games v Fulham.

You are only worth what people will pay for you let’s get that right and that’s what Fulham payed,it’s not rocket science to suggest he’s not good enough with your 20 in let’s say 70 games hence nobody has came in for him,you are right about our season won’t be judged and I don’t think anyone is 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Mitrovic's fee was greater than our entire starting lineup but not checking for a while. Doesn't necessarily legislate for some of the defending however and tbh a point let alone more today would have been a bonus,

He is paid more per week than we can afford in a transfer fee probably

We all have to be realistic. As NP says ‘we are where we are’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Last season and 2019/20 I would have put it down to us not creating much. It figures.

This season at times and especially from Blackburn at home but also Huddersfield at home 2nd half and of late though we certainly have looked to be more positive but these things even themselves out? I don't go in for conspiracy theories,

If Championship was like Serie A, I would have no doubts about dirty things happening, but it's probably not the case so...why? Incompetence should be seen both ways, with wrong penalties given to opponents but sometimes to City too.

And then Pearson get fined...

That being said, we really should try to play better defensevely.

Edited by Dan Robin
Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

You are only worth what people will pay for you let’s get that right and that’s what Fulham payed,it’s not rocket science to suggest he’s not good enough with your 20 in let’s say 70 games hence nobody has came in for him,you are right about our season won’t be judged and I don’t think anyone is 

His 2018/19 at Fulham- 11 goals and 2 or 3 assists was decent IMO. PL that is...Parker didn't fancy him so much, style differences maybe but I could see him as serviceable in PL if strengths played to and in an okay side. Fulham have turned down bids for him from PL sides I believe.

3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

If Championship was like Serie A, I would have no doubts about dirty things happening, but it's not the case so...why? Incompetence should be seen both ways, with wrong penalties given to opponents but sometimes to City too.

And then Pearson get fined...

Refs in this country are shocking- we're not the luckiest side historically either generally.

Ha that's the FA for you- well used to them, FA- for all the use they have been post 1992, I believe it actually stands for **** ALL!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

His 2018/19 at Fulham- 11 goals and 2 or 3 assists was decent IMO. PL that is...Parker didn't fancy him so much, style differences maybe but I could see him as serviceable in PL if strengths played to and in an okay side. Fulham have turned down bids for him from PL sides I believe.

You believe,so in other words you don’t know 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You believe,so in other words you don’t know 

Read it- and his record like I say 11 and 3 assists is serviceable in that season. Fulham seem like one of those clubs who are willing to gamble on keeping players and going up though- oh and they've benefitted from PL or Parachute cash from 2001/02 to the present.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Shame poor ref has opened door for Fulham. 1st goal Vyner pushed as he jumps, 2nd goal Calum fouled before cross then Kalas 2 handed shove, then they score from the breakaway when Disilva was brought down for a pen. 

Got to love the ref's ex prem love in

It's not just them sky creaming over Fulham.

• Like 1