IGNORED

Fulham away match day thread

1 minute ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Blackburn are doing very well without any parachute payments, but it wouldn't be a matchday thread without many people trotting out.

1. IT'S ALL THE REF'S FAULT!

2. BUT PARACHUTE PAYMENTS,  IT'S NOT FAIR!

Every. Single. Match.

Whereas people who say it's all Nige's fault EVERY SINGLE MATCH are ok.....cos you agree with them?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Blackburn are doing very well without any parachute payments, but it wouldn't be a matchday thread without many people trotting out.

Every. Single. Match.

Out of curiosity. Do you agree with parachute payments?

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I assume your username relates to being born in 1988? If so you are the most childish 33 year old on the face of the earth.............................

If it relates to being 8.8 years old I, of course, apologise.

For someone who doesn't like my opinion you seem to follow me around the forum quoting me. If you don't like what I post I suggest popping me on mute to save you the anger 

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What are you on about? Give us an explanation, just for the craic........

Btw, this will piss you off, Steve ain't sacking anyone.

Not remotely pissed off. Nor, as a spoken supporter of NP do I want him sacked. And I know SL can’t afford to buy or sack anyone- though he will if he panics about relegation. But I’ve watched professional footballers for 50 years and know a lot of current and ex players. NP works them hard. He’s in their face continuously and you sign up or ship out. No one’s buying them, so shipping out ain’t an option. There’s an easier life out there- like under Holden, and if they ship 8/9 it could be tantalisingly close. 

2 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Every. Single. Match.

So can non PP clubs afford the quality of Mitrovich and Wilson, the players that can't get on the bench would get in most champ teams.

Ref has made some poor decisions which had a hand in there opening 3 goals.

4 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Every. Single. Match.

Don’t play teams on Parachute payments every week. Fulham will get about £45m for their first year parachute payment, we made a £36m loss…go figure why we can’t compete with teams like this

• Like 2

Attacking wise, we are much better now and Semenyo’s goals today were brilliant. We do need defensive reinforcements in this window though. More so than a striker in my view. I know you can say today that ‘this is Fulham etc.’ but over the season now only Peterborough have let in more goals than us. 

• Like 3
Just now, Arsene's Wanger said:

Every. Single. Match.

But it isn’t fair! Well done so far to Blackburn and Coventry but it’s a fact that having parachute payments gives those teams a far bigger advantage in this league. Not all teams make the most of that advantage, granted, but it’s a big advantage none the less.

Only way to level it up is to split the TV money to all 92 clubs which will never happen.

Grates me even more with Fulham as with Everton being my second team I know how shit a manager Silva is.

Just now, bexhill reds said:

Don’t play teams on Parachute payments every week. Fulham will get about £45m for their first year parachute payment, we made a £36m loss…go figure why we can’t compete with teams like this

Over a season you can't. One off game you can.

7 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Every. Single. Match.

Both sides have a bit of merit.

We are surely due a few decisions and Parachute Payments are an issue for the division in general terms.

OTOH, Blackburn, Coventry, Luton, Millwall and at times Preston show what can be done.

Just now, Show Me The Money! said:

But it isn’t fair! Well done so far to Blackburn and Coventry but it’s a fact that having parachute payments gives those teams a far bigger advantage in this league. Not all teams make the most of that advantage, granted, but it’s a big advantage none the less.

Only way to level it up is to split the TV money to all 92 clubs which will never happen.

Grates me even more with Fulham as with Everton being my second team I know how shit a manager Silva is.

Only said this to a mate recently the TV money should filter down to all clubs not just for the big boys.

Main positive today is we have kept going, trying, heads not really dropping too much. Some fine finishes by Fulham, but some awful defending. Vyner really only looks like a midfielder now. Far too weak in defence. Certainly not a right back, found out centrally today. Maybe time to move him on. Don't disike the bloke but has too many poor lapses at crucial times. How we miss a midfielder in Williams. That energy and ability to break up play. Massengo was not good today.

• Like 2