IGNORED

Fulham away match day thread

Ha! Listened to a bit of the first half on Radio Bristol and then, when it was 2-2, took the dog for a long walk somewhere where there is no phone signal.

Thought to myself, 'the way Fulham are pressing it could be 5-2 at h/t'.  If there'd been a betting shop on top of the Mendips, I could've made a few bob. 

Was too scared to read the f/t score when I returned until about 8pm. :laugh:

You know, as we sometimes say if the U23s get a pasting, matches like this can teach the players and manager more than if we'd lost 3-2 but Fulham had still dominated.  A brutal lesson, yes, but still part of the learning curve: especially for young players.

And ultimately, in the fullness of things, I'd rather lose 6-2 than 4-0. Semenyo's goals and some of our forward breaks can give us hope against easier sides. 

Getting a brace yesterday and in such a fashion might open up the scoring floodgates for AS in the way I was hoping for in a recent post.  Of all the steps up in ability we've seen this season, his has been the one that's most surprised and delighted me. 

• Like 1

Fulham were quick and accurate in their attacking play . Our midfield and defence were all at sea and couldn’t get near them.

We don’t have enough hard nuts in our side who refuse to let the opposition pass. Players who win over more skillful opponents with their physicality and edge. It’s a mentality thing. 

It was a very entertaining game of football, a shame about the result but we are light years away from Fulham as a club although the future is looking good with the youngsters getting experience at this very high level.

• Like 2
On 15/01/2022 at 16:45, Dullmoan Tone said:

This is a strange take - they are now competing each week with a team that costs a fraction of ours. They are penalised every week for the quality of players they can field but show commitment and motivation can still do well in this league. We should be thankful that teams can still overcome the PP handicap.

Yes they are playing well, but doesn't change the facts that if they somehow stay up they will have escaped sanction for past misdemeanours. I'm pretty sure when they where docked points it was to show that breaking the rules does not pay, in their case it might.   

On 15/01/2022 at 16:45, Dullmoan Tone said:

This is a strange take - they are now competing each week with a team that costs a fraction of ours. They are penalised every week for the quality of players they can field but show commitment and motivation can still do well in this league. We should be thankful that teams can still overcome the PP handicap.

I’m not sure their team does cost a fraction of ours?

Bielik £8-10m big wage

Lawtence £5m big wage

Joswiak £3.5m

Rooney £5m p.a. In wages don’t forget!

Just got rid of Marshall who was allegedly on £25k p.w, Shinnie who I saw earlier was possibly on as much as £15k p.w.

I do agree that their squad cost less than ours but not as much as you’d think….imho.

They have significant quality in their squad don’t forget….they don’t need the violins out just yet! ?

It was interesting seeing what the Fulham fans thought.

We go one up:

oh brother...down early

Great pressure by them when we have the ball

Oh well we aren't going to win 7 nil today!

they are straight onto us

They look much sharper than us

Bristol are working really hard pressing. Surely wont be able to keep this up all game

After the made it 1:1

Thank god. Please let us score the next goal.

Thank goodness

Phew. Lets hope that puts Bristol heads down and give us a kick up the backside.

We go  1:2 up:

Jesus

WTF

Ream should just haul him down there. What a strange strange goal

Appaling defending…

What a finish by that man!

For god's sake

For go

The guy got a bit lucky with the touch, but hes also super fast. I don't blame Ream entirely here.

Wtf is this game. Why has one of their youth players turned into prime Cristiano Ronaldo?

2:2 they level it:

Get in

What a game!!

We might win this one 7-6

What the hell haha

This game is so open

They go 3:2 up :

Carv?? Amazing

Oh ma goodness

Yeeeeees.3-2

Wow!! I hope that's the excitement over for this game.

Feels like there will be at least another 3 goals in this game. Really open.

After that they don't mention us much just get excited about their goals - which is understandable.  Just a few mentions:

In reference to the foul on Dasilva (I think) - Stonewall pen. So lucky.

That Semenyo bloke looks good though. I'd be having a proper scout of him

Imagine leaving Mitro, on a hattrick unmarked in the box.. what did they think would happen

They also have a thread on Semenyo: https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=84683.0

• Like 2