IGNORED

Fulham away match day thread

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Seen enough,Mit is a top championship forward no doubt but has never cut it at the top level and our defenders are carrying Vyner which you can’t do

Mitrovic isn’t a top Championship forward, he’s a £20m Prem one. Serbia’s all time record goalscorer.

His record in The Prem (11 in 37 in 17/18 & 9 in 34 in 15/16) is actually decent.

Our season won’t be judged on games v Fulham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Shell-shocked.  Jeez, some poor goals conceded.

Semenyo beast-mode not enough if you defend like that.

Vyner surprised to see him centre CB in a 3...and he got beaten by Mitrovic for the first,  Kalas got beaten by him for Kebano's.

Thought it was a gamble to plays a 3412 with Scott as the 10, left us exposed when you can bypass a press with Mitrovic able to be found.  Massengo and King being exposed as a result.

O'Dowda done very little to stop Wilson, who's often found himself up against Pring.

• Like 2
Just now, Numero Uno said:

Kalas who got done for the second goal (albeit I thought a blatant push) and was badly out of position for the third which stopped Vyner doing what he should have as he was worried about a free Mitrovic being played in. That Kalas? 

Yeah, was thinking he was more League 2 standard 😄

• Haha 1

It was very brave to go with an attacking line up today, however our defending is awful Massengo and KIng are not in it Vyner has been at fault for 2 or 3 of the goals but in fairness Mitrovic was fouling for all his goals little nudges on Kalas and Vyner before heading Should have had a Pen it would have been a defo if it was the other end Shit happens but we are playing well in a great game 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Shell-shocked.  Jeez, some poor goals conceded.

Semenyo beast-mode not enough if you defend like that.

Vyner surprised to see him centre CB in a 3...and he got beaten by Mitrovic for the first,  Kalas got beaten by him for Kebano's.

Thought it was a gamble to plays a 3412 with Scott as the 10, left us exposed when you can bypass a press with Mitrovic able to be found.  Massengo and King being exposed as a result.

O'Dowda done very little to stop Wilson, who's often found himself up against Pring.

It was a clear foul by Mitrovic, Pearson was very unhappy with the 4th official.

• Like 1
Just now, westonred said:

It was very brave to go with an attacking line up today, however our defending is awful Massengo and KIng are not in it Vyner has been at fault for 2 or 3 of the goals but in fairness Mitrovic was fouling for all his goals little nudges on Kalas and Vyner before heading Should have had a Pen it would have been a defo if it was the other end Shit happens but we are playing well in a great game 

Yep, definitely a pen....and one of Mitro's was a blatant push

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Any team with 40 plus goal difference at this point in the season is getting promoted. Mitrovic is easily going to break the record and then some. We just need to keep the score down but I think its gonna br 7 or 8 for them.

I think I'd take that.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Kalas who got done for the second goal (albeit I thought a blatant push) and was badly out of position for the third which stopped Vyner doing what he should have as he was worried about a free Mitrovic being played in. That Kalas? 

I thought there was a clear push in the back just enough create enough space for a clear header.

1 minute ago, westonred said:

That's the frustrating thing we are playing well but will almost certainly have nothing to show for it.

They aren't defensively sound, we snuff out their midfield overload and we can create chances with our boys coming forward.

I know we are leaking chances but it is refreshing to see us get on the break and cause them issues, it will be a miracle to get something out of this game but I'm going to take the positives from Semenyo, Pring and snippets from COD. 

Refreshing to see us look dangerous, be a bit more solid in midfield and there will be less pressure on the back 3 and see where the game takes us.

• Like 2

Nige can only work with, and select from, the players we have.  I like it that he is giving it a go.  Clearly coaching of Semeneyo is beginning to pay off.

Get used to this team and approach for, less some sales and perhaps a single free in, this is us till mid decade.  With Nige in charge we might just be able to hold on to Championship place, altho realistically points deductions could make that task even harder.

Come on City, stick with us Nige -  often at our best as a club when really up against it.  Remember well the Terry Cooper golden years.

12 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Reminds me of a boxer who knew there was an unbridgeable ability gap so game out swinging in the first two rounds hoping for KO subsequently gassed and got knocked out themselves 😂

I'd been wondering how to describe that half. This is about it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Nige can only work with, and select from, the players we have.  I like it that he is giving it a go.  Clearly coaching of Semeneyo is beginning to pay off.

Get used to this team and approach for, less some sales and perhaps a single free in, this is us till mid decade.  With Nige in charge we might just be able to hold on to Championship place, altho realistically points deductions could make that task even harder.

Come on City, stick with us Nige -  often at our best as a club when really up against it.  Remember well the Terry Cooper golden years.

That would be next season if at all, probably- debate for another thread and time etc.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Mitrovic isn’t a top Championship forward, he’s a £20m Prem one. Serbia’s all time record goalscorer.

His record in The Prem (11 in 37 in 17/18 & 9 in 34 in 15/16) is actually decent.

Our season won’t be judged on games v Fulham.

You are only worth what people will pay for you let’s get that right and that’s what Fulham payed,it’s not rocket science to suggest he’s not good enough with your 20 in let’s say 70 games hence nobody has came in for him,you are right about our season won’t be judged and I don’t think anyone is 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Mitrovic's fee was greater than our entire starting lineup but not checking for a while. Doesn't necessarily legislate for some of the defending however and tbh a point let alone more today would have been a bonus,

He is paid more per week than we can afford in a transfer fee probably

We all have to be realistic. As NP says ‘we are where we are’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Last season and 2019/20 I would have put it down to us not creating much. It figures.

This season at times and especially from Blackburn at home but also Huddersfield at home 2nd half and of late though we certainly have looked to be more positive but these things even themselves out? I don't go in for conspiracy theories,

If Championship was like Serie A, I would have no doubts about dirty things happening, but it's probably not the case so...why? Incompetence should be seen both ways, with wrong penalties given to opponents but sometimes to City too.

And then Pearson get fined...

That being said, we really should try to play better defensevely.

Edited by Dan Robin