IGNORED

Atkinson

formerly known as ivan

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I have missed something? One of the stand out performers at the start of season. Appreciate he got injured but at the saying goes, if you are fit enough to be on the bench then you are fit enough to start. So why isn’t he?

Lost his place in the side and others are performing so needs to work harder to get it back,

That's all

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have missed something? One of the stand out performers at the start of season. Appreciate he got injured but at the saying goes, if you are fit enough to be on the bench then you are fit enough to start. So why isn’t he?

Been woefully out of form, played ok last time out though.

Because Nige feels others are playing better in general.  He said in the week (paraphrased) that fans probably have bigger expectations of Rob than he does.  He knows how hard the jump up from Lg1, and that the champ is incessant.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’ve never heard that saying before

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because Nige feels others are playing better in general.  He said in the week (paraphrased) that fans probably have bigger expectations of Rob than he does.  He knows how hard the jump up from Lg1, and that the champ is incessant.

Exactly.

Kalas is vital to us, Pring was said to be our stand out performer last week & Vyner had one of his best games of the season v Millwall, so always likely he would drop back out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, city1983 said:

I’ve never heard that saying before

First time for everything 

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly.

Kalas is vital to us, Pring was said to be our stand out performer last week & Vyner had one of his best games of the season v Millwall, so always likely he would drop back out.

Each to there own. Don’t think Kalas has been very consistent for a while now

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Better bringing the ball out of defence than actually defending for me. Has some flaws that he needs to work on in his defensive side of the game.

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Well we’re defending so well without him… not sure what we’re missing but he seems better than what we are being served!

Pretty sure Mitrovic has done this to everyone in the Championship & it might be a good one for him to miss.

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure Mitrovic has done this to everyone in the Championship & it might be a good one for him to miss.

One person I saw Mitrovic get absolutely no change from was…  Atkinson last weekend. But it sounds like Mitro is ‘in the mood’ today so I’d imagine Van Dijk would have a shift.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He probably shouldn't have said he was going to play in the Premier League when he signed him then. Unnecessary pressure I would think.

I like Vyner, and what I mean is I think he's okay for a team in the bottom half of the Champ, and doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets on here.  Having said that, when I saw from kick off that Kalas was RCB3 and Zak was CB3 I was shocked.  Mitrovic just played on Zak and poor old Zak cannot impose himself physicality on a player like that.

I blame that on Nige.  He saw the same not work v Brum (a) v Deeney.

Hopefully Atkinson did enough last week v Fulham (against Mitro for some of it) and today for 40 minutes to realise that he can play Kalas | Atkinson | Pring going forward.  Zak is okay as a RCB3 or RB.  Just not central.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly.

Not when he handked Mitrovic pretty well last week. Should of let him man mark the striker with Kalas as backup.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like Vyner, and what I mean is I think he's okay for a team in the bottom half of the Champ, and doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets on here.  Having said that, when I saw from kick off that Kalas was RCB3 and Zak was CB3 I was shocked.  Mitrovic just played on Zak and poor old Zak cannot impose himself physicality on a player like that.

I blame that on Nige.  He saw the same not work v Brum (a) v Deeney.

Hopefully Atkinson did enough last week v Fulham (against Mitro for some of it) and today for 40 minutes to realise that he can play Kalas | Atkinson | Pring going forward.  Zak is okay as a RCB3 or RB.  Just not central.

The same manager who played Riley Towler in a two v Millwall. Who played that midfield at Sheff Utd. Who didn't realise Andy King had been booked against QPR. Who has made little impact on us defensively in 11 months in charge. In Nige we trust...

I don’t get this “needs to work hard to get back in” line from Nige about players. It’s very selective. 

King has been unbelievably average all season, gets injured and comes straight back in without a game for the 23s. Gets sent off stupidly……then is straight back in the side again no questions asked. That doesn’t strike me as having to work hard to get back in across the board, no favouritism etc.  

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don’t get this “needs to work hard to get back in” line from Nige about players. It’s very selective. 

King has been unbelievably average all season, gets injured and comes straight back in without a game for the 23s. Gets sent off stupidly……then is straight back in the side again no questions asked. That doesn’t strike me as having to work hard to get back in across the board, no favouritism etc.  

Who do you want him to play in midfield? The injured Williams, the injured James, the crap Bakinson or a 17 year old? Unbelievably average would make a player probably in the top 3 performers for us this season.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, grifty said:

Who do you want him to play in midfield? The injured Williams, the injured James, the crap Bakinson or a 17 year old? Unbelievably average would make a player probably in the top 3 performers for us this season.

You can go 4231 for me, arguably still the best formation for what we have atm with the injuries in midfield. Did it against QPR at home and it was the best, quickest and most urgent performance of the season, even with 10 men for large majority.  Massengo and Scott as a two or even Massengo and Bakinson as a two with Benarous as the 10. Personally don’t see adamantly sticking with 352 is doing us a lot of favours. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Flames 1