IGNORED

Fulham away Robins TV audio

Norn Iron

Despite me emailing

Bristolcitytvsupport@streamamg.com

at 2.40pm requesting Radio Bristol feed (as per our annual contract) we are still having to endure the tv version at 3.17pm after kick off. 

I got the usual response that they are extremely busy etc.. in desperation I have even emailed downsy!

We have to email during the match, yet again.

13 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Despite me emailing

at 2.40pm requesting Radio Bristol feed (as per our annual contract) we are still having to endure the tv version at 3.17pm after kick off. 

I got the usual response that they are extremely busy etc.. in desperation I have even emailed downsy!

oh, is that why the commentary is lacking. I wondered why TO was waffling on about somebody from Everton. I've got no idea what is going on, explains it all now

Commentating for tv is a different skill to describing the game on audio only. 

If only bcfc had made a statement as to why we're getting the tv feed. All we've been told by the commentator is that all those listening around the world are on Robins TV today!

Finally got a reply from customer support

I can let you know that we are currently having some brief technical issues regarding the broadcast of the feed so we are having to use another audio to give the commentary. We apologise for this happening and the service will resume as soon as possible. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, COACH2 said:

Finally got a reply from customer support

I can let you know that we are currently having some brief technical issues regarding the broadcast of the feed so we are having to use another audio to give the commentary. We apologise for this happening and the service will resume as soon as possible. 

What email address did you use to get this reply?

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Just annoying with one guy calling Pring ‘Pringle’ ?

And Rob Edwards is playing for us as well!

At last!
Just received this response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your partial refund has now been issued. Please allow 5-7 working days for it to reach your account.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this email and I’ll be happy to help.

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Despite me emailing

Seemed to be intentional to provide the Robins TV feed as the commentator kept welcoming audio listeners. Not sure why this has changed though. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The Robins TV stream was also poor frequently hanging/buffering, used to be ok but not now

BCFC will never learn. When it was managed by PremiumTV we could choose other matches to listen to throughout the week. Their service wasn't great but with bcfc deciding to go it alone, not only do we lose the choice of other matches but we have to suffer a poorer product.

If anyone from BCFC is reading this thread, stop treating us as second class customers.  Admit you've got it wrong by going it alone and go back to Premium TV (or whatever it's called now).

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Seemed to be intentional to provide the Robins TV feed as the commentator kept welcoming audio listeners. Not sure why this has changed though. 

I heard them say that due to the game only being transmitted overseas that the audio is not from RB today. I presume the next game will be back to RB again.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That must be down to your internet provider or VPN provider then because robinsTV was fine for me. What VPN service are you using?

Was fine for me too, Virginmedia and Windscribe VPN on iPad Pro.  Think I’ve had little / no buffering all season, and had to re-start app a couple of times due to freezing.

Its been really stable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

That must be down to your internet provider or VPN provider then because robinsTV was fine for me. What VPN service are you using?

I have always used the built-in VPN in the Opera browser for a couple of years and has been fine up until the last 2 or 3 matches, and we have Virginmedia broadband which is mega quick

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I heard them say that due to the game only being transmitted overseas that the audio is not from RB today. I presume the next game will be back to RB again.

Never been an issue before and I've been subscribing since the service commenced.

Toby or whatever the commentator's name is, needs to realise we aren't watching his video feed. He needs to fill in the gaps and tell not show.

11 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I have always used the built-in VPN in the Opera browser for a couple of years and has been fine up until the last 2 or 3 matches, and we have Virginmedia broadband which is mega quick

I suppose it could still be the RobinsTV feed depending on how they distribute the video, but if your wifi & VM broadband are rock soild at all times then I'd say it's likely to be the VPN server getting overloaded. Can you change the server location in Opera? Try that. Also it doesn't hurt to get a back up VPN to try if the connection gets bad - I use windscribe. And I had to change the server location in that as the default one was getting overloaded. Good luck.

• Like 1