Jump to content
IGNORED

Let’s keep our heads


BCFCGav
 Share

Recommended Posts

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but parachute payments have ruined what was possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom etc this season, it'll be Norwich next season. I hate what the Championship has become. 

Keep the faith, COYR!!! 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Just gotta suck this one up. Mitrovic is on over 100k a week such is parachute payments. This game doesn’t define us. The aim this season was to shed a tonne of the wage bill and survive. We’ve done one and will do the other.

COYR

Where are people getting this 100k a week figure from for Mitrovic by the way? 30-60 k a week maybe but no chance is he on over a 100k!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but parachute payments have ruined what was possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom etc this season, it'll be Norwich next season. I hate what the Championship has become. 

Keep the faith, COYR!!! 

They really have. I was explaining them to some American friends who were absolutely shocked at the concept. Their response was that surely the other clubs should be able to match those amounts if the owners wished to do so and then FFP came up :laugh:. It really is an unfair situation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Just gotta suck this one up. Mitrovic is on over 100k a week such is parachute payments. This game doesn’t define us. The aim this season was to shed a tonne of the wage bill and survive. We’ve done one and will do the other.

COYR

Spot on. They are a completely different class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but parachute payments have ruined what was possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom etc this season, it'll be Norwich next season. I hate what the Championship has become. 

Keep the faith, COYR!!! 

Let’s not forget that’s what we did in league 1 under SC 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed but still don’t rate Pearson.

If we’re a ‘poor club’ now, as our annual accounts would suggest, I’d much rather have a young, progressive, up and coming head coach who could at least fill me with a bit of excitement for the future.

  • Like 5
  • Hmmm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Immediate thoughts following a 6-2 defeat. Fulham are the real deal. At times today we were given a footballing lesson. Despite being well beaten (relieved actually they only got six at half time I feared worse) by a very accomplished Fulham team I thought we played with much more energy and creativity than has often been the case this season and scored two superb goals. Despite being outplayed we showed character and self-belief, even when the final outcome was not in any doubt e.g. the entire second half.

Thought both of our AS’s did well (Scott and Semenyo) and our fans were again first class.

I’m left wondering why Kalas wasn’t given the job of man-marking Mitrovic.

Good day for Fulham with Bournemouth and WBA losing.

In other news Derby County are off the bottom!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still see progress, yes we lost by a lot however go back to last season if we played Fulham in this form we would of been battered! 

All we need is patience, I think what we are building will turn into something spectacular.

FFP means additions won't really be coming in. Please correct me but how many of you would of been nervous at the likes of Pring, Scott starting in the line up? They've really played well at times this season. Yes we lost but didn't we all ask for entertaining football? We scored twice against a team with a ridiculous goal difference! 

Still glass half full! 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Agreed but still don’t rate Pearson.

If we’re a ‘poor club’ now, as our annual accounts would suggest, I’d much rather have a young, progressive, up and coming head coach who could at least fill me with a bit of excitement for the future.

My sentiments exactly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not seen the game today or any highlights, but looking at the line-up, for me that team is probably defensively the weakest we’ve put out in the league this season on paper. This is where we need to strengthen if we can.

Fulham are flying aren’t they. So not overly surprised. Glad Scott was played where he is best and Semenyo got 2 goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Proves the old adage that the only qualification required for a manager is that he’s completely different to the previous bloke.  ‘Young, progressive and up and coming’ was basically LJ. Which is why we went for an older, experienced bit of a bastard.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outclassed at times today by a side with players who should be playing at a far higher level. Got to accept that.

However...we've shipped 6 in the past against far worse sides and recovered (Ipswich under GJ was a painful trip!)...and anyone watching us today would have seen signs of younger players gaining confidence and stepping up. We'll need them to do so. Ok, we'll not be walking this league any time soon but we'll have some fine local talent to enjoy watching develop. After several years of uninspiring dross there may just be the makings of a side we can get behind.

COYR

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said it on match thread - the green shoots of recovery are there. Vyner though is a league 1 centre back vs a lower end prem striker. Complete mis match. But we are playing much better and I’m feeling far more confident about games against teams at our level now (ie not Fulham, Bournemouth etc) 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Slack said:

I still see progress, yes we lost by a lot however go back to last season if we played Fulham in this form we would of been battered! 

All we need is patience, I think what we are building will turn into something spectacular.

FFP means additions won't really be coming in. Please correct me but how many of you would of been nervous at the likes of Pring, Scott starting in the line up? They've really played well at times this season. Yes we lost but didn't we all ask for entertaining football? We scored twice against a team with a ridiculous goal difference! 

Still glass half full! 

If we survive this season which most agree we will. How we are going to fare next season. Unless we clear  Wells and Palmer and buy really well then it will be another massive struggle. And I don't like to say it but I am not sure if Pearson is up to it. 

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed and I always try to find the positives, my only concern is hearing NP saying we are where we are and then seeing players like O Dowda marking Mitrovic during set pieces today - that’s missing basics surely?

We are progressing but I sometimes wonder tactically how strong our management team are..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...