IGNORED

Let’s keep our heads

BCFCGav

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Let’s also stop all this “we need a striker” bollocks.

Far rather persevere with Semenyo than sign the likes of Clarke-Harris.

Bigger issues at the other end of the pitch, especially if Baker isn’t going to return.

Im not sure it's bollocks. Someone like Michael Smith would improve us all over the pitch I think But agree with the general point that the priority currently is to find solidity at other end of field. 

Youd have to think, given its pretty much nothing to lose as regards our defence, that Cundy will get a chance at some point. Really interested to see if he can step up. No idea - but he's risen to every level he's been pitched in at thus far so curious to see is he can take next step. Big ask given such a long injury. But commanding aerial centre back is what we need so the chance should be there for him to take.

1 minute ago, the1stknowle said:

Im not sure it's bollocks. Someone like Michael Smith would improve us all over the pitch I think But agree with the general point that the priority currently is to find solidity at other end of field. 

Youd have to think, given its pretty much nothing to lose as regards our defence, that Cundy will get a chance at some point. Really interested to see if he can step up. No idea - but he's risen to every level he's been pitched in at thus far so curious to see is he can take next step. Big ask given such a long injury. But commanding aerial centre back is what we need so the chance should be there for him to take.

I think if we are completely honest pound for pound Tomas Kalas has not been the player we thought he'd be 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I think if we are completely honest pound for pound Tomas Kalas has not been the player we thought he'd be 

Maybe, but Kallas is best playing alongside a strong CB, like when he partnered Webster. I'm hoping if Cundy can make the step-up and forge a partnership with Kallas that could bring out the best in both of them. 

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I am very firmly behind Pearson. He’s building a team from our academy because he has too. He has a three year mandate and as long as we stay up and keep blooding our boys then post (we hope) Covid that puts us well in advance of many other clubs. Many of whom don’t even have academy’s.

However if I were to put that to one side I would agree for anyone saying get rid of him, unless they are a genius coach and motivator yourself willing to work for free then best shut the **** up!  

As am I….but I feel he deserves some criticism tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Still on the Pearson bus. Encouraged by the emergence of Scott, Benerous, Pring and very much Semenyo after his last few games. 

This is it. We are starting five or six academy products per game. Disasters are going to happen but the players getting a chance now are going to be players with experience in the future.

• Like 6

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

This is it. We are starting five or six academy products per game. Disasters are going to happen but the players getting a chance now are going to be players with experience in the future.

Good to see most of us a accept Fulham were a different class. We are work in progress and need to ship a few on but there are incouraging signs.

Keep the faith everyone

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

back in august, i think we all knew there might be a few hammerings dished out this season. im surprised we havent had more. things started fruitation when we got that home record off our backs, next improvement was to start playing as a team instead of a group of individuals. now we are actually seeing the talent some of these guys nige has trusted show in games.  so much better than august,why want a young fancy manager when we are managing to keep afloat with the one we have??

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

back in august, i think we all knew there might be a few hammerings dished out this season. im surprised we havent had more. things started fruitation when we got that home record off our backs, next improvement was to start playing as a team instead of a group of individuals. now we are actually seeing the talent some of these guys nige has trusted show in games.  so much better than august,why want a young fancy manager when we are managing to keep afloat with the one we have??

This is it. Today was poor and Pearson and the team deserve criticism but it had to be seen in the context of recent improved performances on the whole. We are not where we need to be but we are where I think most of us thought we would be early in the season. It is just that a transitional season of mixed results sounds acceptable on paper but sometimes feels awful in reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Maybe, but Kallas is best playing alongside a strong CB, like when he partnered Webster. I'm hoping if Cundy can make the step-up and forge a partnership with Kallas that could bring out the best in both of them. 

This is perhaps a little optimistic for a player with zero Championship experience - wasn’t he part of a team that struggled against QPR U23’s this week?

The fact we are hoping Cundy comes good (so do I) just reflects how desperate we are!

10 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

This is perhaps a little optimistic for a player with zero Championship experience - wasn’t he part of a team that struggled against QPR U23’s this week?

The fact we are hoping Cundy comes good (so do I) just reflects how desperate we are!

You mean part of the U23s who went 4-0 up (including scoring) and then brought on 3 15 years olds?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Not going to lose my head but £35 match ticket and £45 train ticket makes me come quite close, we were awful at times today, very disappointing, it was Fulham not Man City.

They are a team on incredible form - we weren’t awful by any means today. We can’t be expecting a league 1 cb to compete with Mitrovic.

Last 4 games I think we’ve shown real progression in terms of performance. Unlucky v QPR, good 2nd half v Millwall, good last week against a weaker Fulham and we know the score today. Don’t think anyone in our league could have lived with them today. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Yep, pretty sure he went off at 4-1, but he hasn’t played a full 90 minutes since last season yet.

1 hour ago, Magicseason said:

Good to see most of us a accept Fulham were a different class. We are work in progress and need to ship a few on but there are incouraging signs.

Keep the faith everyone

Only the worst teams in the league have taken that kind of hiding. Despite our "effort" we are still a poor team that loses more than it wins. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Pound for pound there's more sugar in a lemon than a strawberry.

I think Kalas is the least of our concerns to be honest... Consistently one of our best players.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaveF said:

I think Kalas is the least of our concerns to be honest... Consistently one of our best players.

I think the sticking point with Kalas is that people expect him to be a leader an coax better performances out of those around him whereas the reality is that he plays best when he can focus on his own game and tends to get a bit spooked and thrown off his game when inexperienced players struggle around him. 

I rate him as a defender but also think he is limited in the defensive combinations he excels in. He is a really good player when Baker is alongside him or when Atkinson, Vyner or Pring are on form but I don’t think he is someone who can grab a struggling defence by the scruff of the neck and bring them to order.

Which doesn’t make him a bad player but does impact on what we can expect of him.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Is that your party trick? :P

Cost a lot of money did Tomas, we leak goals for fun. I think CD is absolutely our concern as it's the reason we concede so many goals and lose so many games. 

14 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Is that your party trick? :P

Cost a lot of money did Tomas, we leak goals for fun. I think CD is absolutely our concern as it's the reason we concede so many goals and lose so many games. 

Not really a trick is it? Knowledge?

If you paired Nesta or Cannavaro with Zak Vyner you'd still leak goals for fun!

Edited by DaveF

What a laugh... lets give it a go... they are better than us.. survive.. blah blah blah .. really?  Grow up and work out where we are failing duh... Chairman and Gould have no clue... NP is on his last legs with no idea and we still believe we are a great club?  The place stinks so until this is sorted we have no chance on the field... period.

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Of course it won’t be easy.

However Peterborough got hammered at home yet again, Cardiff lost for the 8th time in the last 9 home games (imagine if that was us), Barnsley are both adrift & going to run into a huge fixture backlog (which was what did for Rotherham last year).

Derby have done brilliantly but look like they are heading for financial implosion & I would not put my house on Rooney not being Everton boss before the month is out..

I know some get off on “we’re going to lose our next 15 & everyone else is going to win every week” but it really isn’t happening.

As a matter of interest where did you get that quote from? your own imagination maybe? but maybe there are a few fans like me who are concerned but its certainly not something I "get off on" speaking for myself.

Wish I shared your belief that there will be 3 worse teams than us, there could well be but I wont be putting my house on it, but the point is, we shouldnt be hoping that there will be.

We are not great in midfield/defence or attack but always say we are looking to rebuild, as we have said for the last 50yrs, more or less, but without actually getting anywhere.

6 hours ago, BS3City said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but parachute payments have ruined what was possibly one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom etc this season, it'll be Norwich next season. I hate what the Championship has become. 

Keep the faith, COYR!!! 

6 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not forget that’s what we did in league 1 under SC 

Hey? How did we use ‘parachute payments’ in league one JJT? Cheers ...

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Only the worst teams in the league have taken that kind of hiding. Despite our "effort" we are still a poor team that loses more than it wins. 

You mean like Blackburn, who lost 0 - 7 to Fulham AT HOME this year and are currently 3rd?

Those kind of worst teams in the league?

QPR (4th) who lost 4 - 1 to them?

Huddersfield (7th) who lost 5 - 1?

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

For the money we paid for Kalas if he ain't the "strong" CB and a kid needs to step and help him, well he's a bust mate. 

Not having a pop at you but losing patience with Kalas, doesn't even get the armband. Needs to go I think 

49 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You mean like Blackburn, who lost 0 - 7 to Fulham AT HOME this year and are currently 3rd?

Those kind of worst teams in the league?

QPR (4th) who lost 4 - 1 to them?

Huddersfield (7th) who lost 5 - 1?

Shouldn't get dicked like that in any league. Kiddie beat Reading last week.

This attitude of, "Well its Fulham" needs to stop. We could have done them today if half the team had a brain.