IGNORED

Semenyo

BCFC Rich

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Obviously the highlight for us today. If he can get his finishing to be more consistently like that what a player we'll have. Looked confident from the start and can't wait to see him against cardiff.

He has all the attributes to be a top player. Let's hope he can realise his potential.

Will he look back on a career that matches Adame Traore.... Or turn out to be a Kevin Betsy...?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

Obviously the highlight for us today. If he can get his finishing to be more consistently like that what a player we'll have. Looked confident from the start and can't wait to see him against cardiff.

Think we all know he’s a proper handful with his pace and abilities,of course some will slag him off about his finishing sometimes but then it will improve with time,would much rather have him at our club than the likes of Palmer and Wells

• Like 4

I’m happy to eat humble pie here. Semenyo’s finishing was different gravy today against arguably the best team in the league. I thought his finishing was his weakest attribute. It appears I was wrong and I hope it gives him the confidence to kick on now.

Edited by tin
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

We look a better team with him in it, that's the main thing for me.

Agree. His return from injury has been a big factor in our improved attacking displays recently. Both goals were excellent. The defenders couldn’t live with his approach play and then the finishes were class. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tin said:

I’m happy to eat humble pie here. Semenyo’s finishing was different gravy today against arguably the best team in the league. I thought his finishing was his weakest attribute. I was wrong.

Good to hear, he could be some player if he can score consistently. You could say there’s a high grade spine of youth in our team that could push us forward once they’ve gained experience amd consistency. 

The second goal was an absolutely sensational one, being fouled but too strong & determined.

No wonder coaches talk about pace & power being vital.

Only 22 this week, 3 in his last two away games, he looks on the verge of a massive breakthrough to me.

• Like 13
  • Flames 5

Semenyo is our Jamie Vardy. I’ve been saying for a while it is very clear that Pearson has a way he wants to replicate, but has had to go about it this season so far without key players due to injuries. 

James was a miss today, Williams coming back will help. Baker would help too, but we are building a side from our academy with a few seasoned pros, the idea is to just keep clear of a relegation scrap and hope this is the start of the Semenyo era. Hopefully he’s a late bloomer in front of goal like the lad at Everton

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Today is another example of why I advocate playing him centrally.

Boy, this we miss Chris Martin though.....on defensive corners!!

Especially if Vyner is at the back - Atkinson would have been a better choice and I fully expect him to be in the team at Vyners expense against Cardiff. At least, I hope so.

On topic, Semenyo is starting to look the real deal with his power and pace. Commentators on the stream I watched (a Fulham stream) were saying he is someone they'd like to see at Fulham. 

Semenyo's 2nd goal showed his power in holding off the defender by veering toward him to keep him at arms distance from the ball, then outpacing him and firing in a lovely finish, hitting the inside of the far post. Brilliant goal which he started on the half way line.

He's full of confidence and I'm really looking forward to seeing him against Cardiff.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m happy to eat humble pie here. Semenyo’s finishing was different gravy today against arguably the best team in the league. I thought his finishing was his weakest attribute. It appears I was wrong and I hope it gives him the confidence to kick on now.

You don't have to eat humble pie.  The likelihood is he'll still have games where he snatches at chances and screws shots wide or slashes them over the bar.  Thats not different to a lot of strikers.  But at 22, his other attributes mean that even with a lesser goal return he's still very key to us.  No other player in our squad (very few in the league) roll a physical tackle, spin, outpace the covering midfielder and score with aplomb like he did today.

If today is a genuine unblocking of his goal constipation then I may have to revisit my thoughts on where his ceiling is!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

One swallow doesn't make a summer regarding his finishing, but even without the goals today his general impact on the team has made him well worth his place.

Hope he kicks on and has gained some confidence from today. Two fantastic goals... That second in particular, wow. Picked the ball up in our half, out muscled defenders, out ran them, finished from the edge of the box off the inside of the post. Brilliant!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, tin said:

I think that Semenyo's issue was his lack of composure rather than his finishing - he looked ok in the vids of training but it fell apart when it mattered. He seems to have got over that issue judging from the last few games - not so many wild shots. Today will give him a lot of confidence and if he can keep up this form he's going to have a lot of clubs after him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He has all the attributes to be a top player. Let's hope he can realise his potential.

Will he look back on a career that matches Adame Traore.... Or turn out to be a Kevin Betsy...?

What an oddly specific thing to say - what does this mean?

24 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

If he could has a run of finishing like that he will be gone. 

Why do we always have to talk about players leaving? It was the same with Scott the other week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Especially if Vyner is at the back - Atkinson would have been a better choice and I fully expect him to be in the team at Vyners expense against Cardiff. At least, I hope so.

On topic, Semenyo is starting to look the real deal with his power and pace. Commentators on the stream I watched (a Fulham stream) were saying he is someone they'd like to see at Fulham. 

Semenyo's 2nd goal showed his power in holding off the defender by veering toward him to keep him at arms distance from the ball, then outpacing him and firing in a lovely finish, hitting the inside of the far post. Brilliant goal which he started on the half way line.

He's full of confidence and I'm really looking forward to seeing him against Cardiff.

I listened to that, too.

**** me, they were irritating, weren’t they?

Trying to claim O’Dowda dived to win one free kick when the obnoxious Harry Wilson resembles Tom Daley in that regard.

Thought Mitrovic was harshly penalised for the only foul given against him too ??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

I’d love to see him get to double figures for the season . He’s capable . Prefer him to Martin as he has pace and power . He could save the club a few quid 

Or earn a few quid

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why do we always have to talk about players leaving? It was the same with Scott the other week.

Because we are up the creek without a paddle 

His return has been a turning point for us this season and is also why we don’t need a striker this window. Amazing how so many wrote him off and claimed he couldn’t score goals. Not all strikers need to score 20+ a season to be effective.

I think it’s worth remembering as well that until this season he’s not had a run of games as a striker for us. Yes his finishing needs to improve but he’s still young and will get better. He contributes so much when he plays though. He’s decent back to goal, has pace and power and creates chances. We are a different side when he plays and far more fluid going forward. 

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s nothing like Kevin Betsy! Weird comparison 

Kevin Betsy came with alot of promise, had all the attributes a pro footballer should possess physically - but was Shite! 

Let's hope you're right - and he's is nothing like Betsy in a year or 2's time. 

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What do you think it means..?! 

Will he go on to be a top championship player, makes an impact in the PL, with his pace & power..... Or will he flatter to deceive and fail at the required level and dissappear into oblivion..? 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Kevin Betsy came with alot of promise, had all the attributes a pro footballer should possess physically - but was Shite! 

Let's hope you're right - and he's is nothing like Betsy in a year or 2's time. 

Betsy was 29 when he joined and had played for many clubs. Was an out and out winger. Weird conparison 

• Like 2