IGNORED

Semenyo

BCFC Rich

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You don't have to eat humble pie.  The likelihood is he'll still have games where he snatches at chances and screws shots wide or slashes them over the bar.  Thats not different to a lot of strikers.  But at 22, his other attributes mean that even with a lesser goal return he's still very key to us.  No other player in our squad (very few in the league) roll a physical tackle, spin, outpace the covering midfielder and score with aplomb like he did today.

If today is a genuine unblocking of his goal constipation then I may have to revisit my thoughts on where his ceiling is!

I said on another thread that having seen the two goals that Semenyo scored reminded me of a young Romelu Lukaku. He has the same strength, power and best of all pace and double figures this campaign is a distinct possibility, assuming he stay fit and gets regular starts.

His confidence will now be sky high and should he start banging them in he’ll attract interest from clubs higher up the food chain.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I said on another thread that having seen the two goals that Semenyo scored reminded me of a young Romelu Lukaku. He has the same strength, power and best of all pace and double figures this campaign is a distinct possibility, assuming he stay fit and gets regular starts.

His confidence will now be sky high and should he start banging them in he’ll attract interest from clubs higher up the food chain.

Someone on twitter said the second was like Ronaldo (the Brazilian one) and I could see that in the goal.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

He has all the attributes to be a top player. Let's hope he can realise his potential.

Will he look back on a career that matches Adame Traore.... Or turn out to be a Kevin Betsy...?

Kevin Betsy is a bizarre comparison. Plus Antoine is currently playing as a striker not a winger. It’s clear that he has all the attributes to be a top player at this level. If he can improve his finishing then who knows how far he can go.

• Like 2

People say there isn't a Pearson effect but for me there is today semenyo looked class but he had something about when he was on loan at Newport but Pearson gives the players confidence and semenyos stepped up a gear those with the talent will shine under his guidance just like Scott and the other younger players they will only get better.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer regarding his finishing, but even without the goals today his general impact on the team has made him well worth his place.

Hope he kicks on and has gained some confidence from today. Two fantastic goals... That second in particular, wow. Picked the ball up in our half, out muscled defenders, out ran them, finished from the edge of the box off the inside of the post. Brilliant!

Great post.

What made me optimistic was the difference in his first touch when he got back in the side, suddenly the ball was sticking & when it does & someone as strong & quick runs at you, happy days..

12 minutes ago, Street red said:

People say there isn't a Pearson effect but for me there is today semenyo looked class but he had something about when he was on loan at Newport but Pearson gives the players confidence and semenyos stepped up a gear those with the talent will shine under his guidance just like Scott and the other younger players they will only get better.

Semenyo’s goals today were outstanding. I’m sure he must be being watched/tracked by a number of clubs high up the food chain. Pace, power, strength and technique. Unplayable at times. If he can gain some consistency we are looking at a prem club offering £ 15/20M +.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Semenyo's finishes today were out if this world. Given previous, beyond comprehension.

Unfortunately one swallow does not a summer make.  He is not nor ever was the future.

I'd love him to make me eat my words. He won't.

Give the lad a break. Done well today.

Confidence is key. Let’s build that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer regarding his finishing, but even without the goals today his general impact on the team has made him well worth his place.

Hope he kicks on and has gained some confidence from today. Two fantastic goals... That second in particular, wow. Picked the ball up in our half, out muscled defenders, out ran them, finished from the edge of the box off the inside of the post. Brilliant!

I honestly don’t think it is one swallow we are looking at. It is a player who has been improving season on season but - like a lot of young forwards and wingers - needs time to adjust to this level, which means that you end up watching a lot of false starts and frustrating misses as he finds his feet but that there is going to be a moment where it clicks and that has been on the verge of happening ever since he came back from injury.

There will still be ups and downs and gaps in consistency but I am confident what we saw today was not a flash in the pan but a guy who has the ability showing he is starting to figure out how to use it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Semenyo's finishes today were out if this world. Given previous, beyond comprehension.

Unfortunately one swallow does not a summer make.  He is not nor ever was the future.

Glad you’ve written off a player who turned 22 this week, and has for the first time in his career here started more than 2 consecutive games as a centre forward!

How’s “flappy” doing btw? ?

C’mon, give the lad a chance.

• Like 14
  • Flames 5

42 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Christ imagine just turning 22 having scored 2 fantastic goals against the best team in the league and reading this negative crap... We might as well give up completely with this attitude.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Christ imagine just turning 22 having scored 2 fantastic goals against the best team in the league and reading this negative crap... We might as well give up completely with this attitude.

Fortunately AS won’t read this sort of shite.

I wish I had such a certain view of the future, I’d have made so much money that I’d have stopped working years ago..

Can certainly see why Palace were interested in him now.

• Hmmm 1

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Fortunately AS won’t read this sort of shite.

I wish I had such a certain view of the future, I’d have made so much money that I’d have stopped working years ago..

Can certainly see why Palace were interested in him now.

Dosent matter to this expert who has written Semenyo off.

A lot could see he's like a firework just needs that spark. BTRFTG thinks he's a cut above with his opinions on,well everything.

Semenyo is young enough to get near the top . IMHO.

Semenyo is a talented player and will be the next to leave us for decent money. Some of his performances for Newport when he was just 18 showed what ability he has.

He has pace, power and running ability and they are not things you can coach. A higher team will take a punt on him in the next 18 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

It wasn't just that he scored two today; it's the way he scored them. Looked like a player on another level for both goals. Let's hope he has a cracking 2nd half of the season ?

I remember thinking the same when he scored a similar goal at Millwall last season. It wasn't the start of an amazing scoring streak. Unfortunately I think the odds are that today will be a one-off great day, as that was last season. 

AS has pace and power but I'm not sure he will ever be a consistent goal scorer. Great to have someone in the team though that can be exciting to watch on his day. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You don't have to eat humble pie.  The likelihood is he'll still have games where he snatches at chances and screws shots wide or slashes them over the bar.  Thats not different to a lot of strikers.  But at 22, his other attributes mean that even with a lesser goal return he's still very key to us.  No other player in our squad (very few in the league) roll a physical tackle, spin, outpace the covering midfielder and score with aplomb like he did today.

If today is a genuine unblocking of his goal constipation then I may have to revisit my thoughts on where his ceiling is!

"Unblocking of goal constipation " 

Made i laaaaff

Fingers crossed the subsequent cascade of pebbles will be scattered all over Cardiff's 18 yard box next Saturday. Get the spade ready Mr Groundsman

Edited by Colombo Robin
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Betsy was 29 when he joined and had played for many clubs. Was an out and out winger. Weird conparison 

Now who's being overly specific..! 

He had the attributes and came with big hopes and made very little impact. 

OK... Marvin Brown then. Does that make you slightly less stressed...?