IGNORED

Hull v Stoke

Lanterne Rouge

Was just looking at the Stoke squad and imagine that a couple may have to go either perm or loan. Now I am not in the we need a new forward camp, but if the club were, I would be looking at someone like Sam Surridge at Stoke. Just looking back through and only getting a few minutes here and there. They bought it from Bournemouth for £5m. He is on the bench today along with fellow forwards Steven Fletcher and highly rated Tyres Campbell. So they have plenty of options so can't see Surridge getting much game time there.

30 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Was just looking at the Stoke squad and imagine that a couple may have to go either perm or loan. Now I am not in the we need a new forward camp, but if the club were, I would be looking at someone like Sam Surridge at Stoke. Just looking back through and only getting a few minutes here and there. They bought it from Bournemouth for £5m. He is on the bench today along with fellow forwards Steven Fletcher and highly rated Tyres Campbell. So they have plenty of options so can't see Surridge getting much game time there.

They have an awful lot of centre halves, which is the position we need most imo.

Not that I expect us to sign anybody unless somebody significant leaves.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha. It's because we're not a particularly good team.

Shame about the Hull result. Need Cardiff, P'boro and Hull to get points somewhere in order to ensure Derby go down.

Fire sales have started!  Don’t worry, they aren’t staying up.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

This kind of result just proves we’ve got pretty much nothing to worry about in regards to relegation. Signs of improvement and 11 points clear. Beat Cardiff are we won’t be too far away from safety as I reckon 42 points max.

Had about 9 more points this time last year. Next 4 or 5 fixtures pretty crucial.

• Like 1

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

It's not a comparison but a caution against "nothing to worry about". Not safe until mathematically so.

I don’t think we’ll see anything like the towel throwing that we saw last season. 20 games left and if we win five and draw five (which is worse than our current ratio of wins and draws to losses) we will be plenty of points in safety imo.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I don’t think we’ll see anything like the towel throwing that we saw last season. 20 games left and if we win five and draw five (which is worse than our current ratio of wins and draws to losses) we will be plenty of points in safety imo.

The only worry I have in regards to towel throwing is I suspect Martin and O’Dowda’s year extension needs to be triggered in January, possibly even by end of December because of pre-contract rules.  But that’s only two players to worry about, not 10-12 like last season.  Simpson has a year option but that surely won’t be triggered.

If either has entered into negotiations we will soon find out I reckon.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Not safe until mathematically so.

This is what I've tried to get across in a few conversations. Until we are actually safe, we aren't safe.
All those should win games, that we don't actually win ? Lets no start counting Chickens just yet. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The only worry I have in regards to towel throwing is I suspect Martin and O’Dowda’s year extension needs to be triggered in January, possibly even by end of December because of pre-contract rules.  But that’s only two players to worry about, not 10-12 like last season.  Simpson has a year option but that surely won’t be triggered.

If either has entered into negotiations we will soon find out I reckon.

Danny Simpson has a year-extension clause? OMG. Please tell me, Dave, the club is the only party that can extend.  

17 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Get him in on a short contract, I'm sure we could get a goodyear out of him..

• Haha 1