IGNORED

Rooney - Everton. Possibility or not ?

Waconda

The thing with Manager's jobs, they only come up at certain times. Those "obvious fit" jobs are rare enough, but if they asked would he want it now? Unfinished business at Derby and Everton are a mess. 
That said, if the Administrators continue to sell off the family silver cheaply, then it could make his job, at which he's done brilliantly so far, impossible.  I would guess there would be some money to spend, the transfer window's open and it's a club he grew up supporting. There must be a big pull to go there, but very early in his learning curve. A look at Lampard who made a similar step might make him have 2nd thoughts.
Until you get back to how often these jobs come up. They have spent a hell of a lot of money to be this shit, I bet the board would like some time to think. Being sensible I doubt they can afford to think too much, the new man will want "his players" in, with half the month gone.
It will be interesting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The thing with Manager's jobs, they only come up at certain times. Those "obvious fit" jobs are rare enough, but if they asked would he want it now? Unfinished business at Derby and Everton are a mess. 
That said, if the Administrators continue to sell off the family silver cheaply, then it could make his job, at which he's done brilliantly so far, impossible.  I would guess there would be some money to spend, the transfer window's open and it's a club he grew up supporting. There must be a big pull to go there, but very early in his learning curve. A look at Lampard who made a similar step might make him have 2nd thoughts.
Until you get back to how often these jobs come up. They have spent a hell of a lot of money to be this shit, I bet the board would like some time to think. Being sensible I doubt they can afford to think too much, the new man will want "his players" in, with half the month gone.
It will be interesting.

Will there be much money to buy players now that the new stadium build is underway

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Will there be much money to buy players now that the new stadium build is underway

I would expect a new man would get some money. How they stand with what ever passes for FFP in the Prem I don't know. If the internet is to be believed, Everton's net spend over 5 years is £540million. I don't see them scrimping with the next manager.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I would expect a new man would get some money. How they stand with what ever passes for FFP in the Prem I don't know. If the internet is to be believed, Everton's net spend over 5 years is £540million. I don't see them scrimping with the next manager.

They are still a big attraction but will alwys be in the shadow of Liverpool 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think he may end up there but not until after the Derby situation has played out. Why pay compo now when you can get him free if they go bust?

With Administrators looking to raise £7m, a manager on a £100k p.w is a huge burden.  I don’t think they’d be in a position to insist on any compo if they can shift £2.4m of wages between now and the end of the season.

Thats my thought process anyway.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Fair point. I'm a believer that each club has its good times but where it stands changed from the 30/40 years ago is the money from around the world being put into clubs. 

Everton’s owners are worth 3 billion between them. I think they will make a push for top 4 at some stage.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With Administrators looking to raise £7m, a manager on a £100k p.w is a huge burden.  I don’t think they’d be in a position to insist on any compo if they can shift £2.4m of wages between now and the end of the season.

Thats my thought process anyway.

With them looking to sell off assets , I could see him walk if it’s (Everton) offered. 
It could be an impossible job if they lost another 2/3 players. At the moment his stock is high and won’t be blamed if he walked before he has a relegation on his CV

• Like 1