IGNORED

Minutes applause

wayne allisons tongues

Was at Burton New Year’s Day, in the programme and on the screen there were mentions of all the Burton fans who had passed away over the last 12 months. Before kick off there was a minutes applause for everyone who had passed away that year. 

I think this would be a good idea for City a set date first last game of season, maybe first of the new year for all fans to remember those lost. 

Edited by wayne allisons tongues
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Minutes applause every other game it seems.

I think a once a season event would be far more powerful than the frequent suggestions for minutes applause that are raised all the time.

I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive, and any supporter passing away is very sad, but most people attending don’t know them individually. A bigger collective one would be far more appropriate I think as having them pretty frequently just dilutes the gesture. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 8

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think a once a season event would be far more powerful than the frequent suggestions for minutes applause that are raised all the time.

I hope this doesn’t sound insensitive, and any supporter passing away is very sad, but most people attending don’t know them individually. A bigger collective one would be far more appropriate I think as having them pretty frequently just dilutes the gesture. 

I get where you are coming from

I always feel for those that are not connected as easily on social media and possibly get missed - this one off event would cover everyone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought the one they did re Covid (those who passed away since spectators couldn’t attend) was brilliant and emotional.

Suggest something like start of season and new year.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

I get where you are coming from

I always feel for those that are not connected as easily on social media and possibly get missed - this one off event would cover everyone

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought the one they did re Covid (those who passed away since spectators couldn’t attend) was brilliant and emotional.

Suggest something like start of season and new year.

Agreed. I think there are certain times where having an isolated one is appropriate - for example Arthur Labinjo-Hughes a few weeks back.

In general though, a larger one once or twice a season is definitely better. Most of the time people have no idea what they’re clapping for in the 38th minute which completely defeats the point. 

• Like 2