IGNORED

Ramello Mitchell

joshbristol

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Alex Scott and Tommy Backwell, both ex-Saints, maybe same age-group?

Is Louis Carey still there?

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/07/28/new-academy-approach-at-southampton-with-new-signing-announced/

From July - saying he's U18's coach. Google doesn't show anything saying he's left as a result of the recent new owner coming in, so I'd assume he's still there. Saints website doesn't list him as U18s staff though.

Dave Horseman is there as well as their reserves manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Not the biggest isn’t great. I really think this team needs to increase its physicality all over the park. Pace would be the thing weird missing no mention of that. 

Sounds a bit like Owura Edwards. Presumably seen as better than him as not deemed good enough for our squad and loaned out. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Matt Hale ex City is with Southampton academy so may be the link.

We have a few ex staff there.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/07/28/new-academy-approach-at-southampton-with-new-signing-announced/

From July - saying he's U18's coach. Google doesn't show anything saying he's left as a result of the recent new owner coming in, so I'd assume he's still there. Saints website doesn't list him as U18s staff though.

Horseman will be the link.

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's very much still there. Was u18 coach, but has recently been on secondment working with the first team squad.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, westonred said:

Be nice if we could get this lad in and ship out COD and maybe get some money for him. To me COD has undoubted ability but only ever plays well for about 45 mins every 2 or 3 games.

So this youngster, who no one has barely heard of, would be better than an established international?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So this youngster, who no one has barely heard of, would be better than an established international?

Well lets be fair COD has been awful for ages he has a good 20min spell in the odd match then drifts out the game and doesnt look interested. If we all thought like you these young players would never get a look in. if Liverpool Southampton and a couple of other Prem clubs showed interest in him when he was at the blues then he cant be that bad a prospect Better to play with someone who is up for it than someone like COD who doesnt 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

Be nice if we could get this lad in and ship out COD and maybe get some money for him. To me COD has undoubted ability but only ever plays well for about 45 mins every 2 or 3 games.

By all means move COD on if that’s what you think, but there’s no real link / dependency on Mitchell to the COD decision.  One is a first teamer, the other is u23 squad.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

By all means move COD on if that’s what you think, but there’s no real link / dependency on Mitchell to the COD decision.  One is a first teamer, the other is u23 squad.

and yes defo move COD on has little impact and on high wages

Edited by westonred