IGNORED

U23s - Swansea (a) 7pm ko

joshbristol

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If Britton signs for WBA  with  how they are struggling to keep up, that would be off the scale, with them looking for automatic promotion, how would a player that seems nowhere our first team squad turn them into promotion chasers?

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be going straight into their first team.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

If Britton signs for WBA  with  how they are struggling to keep up, that would be off the scale, with them looking for automatic promotion, how would a player that seems nowhere our first team squad turn them into promotion chasers?

Probably more a case of them getting him cheap/free and hoping he turns them a profit in the future. Low risk gamble for them. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be going straight into their first team.

yeah get that, didn't think for a minute he would. What would you think they could get out of a 20yo player that hasn't cut it for us yet. then turn him into a potential Premier league player?

I know they all sigh so many players that never make it but dose Britton have something?

Have never seen the lad play live, so have no opinion on his chances , as a local lad great if he could make it.

• Like 1

I've seen Britton live a couple of times but don't know what to make of him. Given an opportunity he can put the ball away but he's a 20 odd year old who seems to have the mobility of a forward in his mid 30s. Don't expect him to run the channels for 90 minutes. It's not that he couldn't carve out a decent career, there are many who have operated at the very top of the game who barely get past an hour per game before being substituted, James Rodriguez for one, but I can't see it happening here in a Pearson side. 

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I've seen Britton live a couple of times but don't know what to make of him. Given an opportunity he can put the ball away but he's a 20 odd year old who seems to have the mobility of a forward in his mid 30s. Don't expect him to run the channels for 90 minutes. It's not that he couldn't carve out a decent career, there are many who have operated at the very top of the game who barely get past an hour per game before being substituted, James Rodriguez for one, but I can't see it happening here in a Pearson side. 

That sounds like a league 2 / conference player.  In an organized side lower down will score loads but we don't have that luxury...