IGNORED

Saturdays crowd biggest of season?

mightyreds89

Are we expecting a decent crowd? 

Just had a quick look at availability and not as many left as I’d have thought. 

Dolman 1,200

Lower Lansdown 690

Upper Lansdown 430 (all blocks on sale) 

Total home tickets left 2,230 

Cardiff have sold 3,000 

26,500 With around 1,000 empty Atyeo seats that’s 25,500 and deducting remaining that’s 23,270 sold with 4/5 days left to go! Could be largest home gate for a while (appreciate not all season ticket holders will be in attendance). 

Edited by mightyreds89

• The title was changed to Saturdays crowd biggest of season?
  • Admin
1 minute ago, mightyreds89 said:

Dolman 1,200

Lower Lansdown 690

Cardiff have sold 3,000 

26,500 With around 1,000 empty Atyeo seats that’s 25,500 and deducting remaining that’s 23,270 sold with 4/5 days left to go! Could be largest home gate for a while (appreciate not all season ticket holders will be in attendance). 

This is always raised, the club don't release all tickets for sale, waste of time counting sales etc

Your answer is here 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bumper-crowd-expected-in-bs3/

Though how many actually turn up is something entirely different 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

This is always raised, the club don't release all tickets for sale, waste of time counting sales etc

Your answer is here 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bumper-crowd-expected-in-bs3/

Though how many actually turn up is something entirely different 

Looks like it’s only the Upper Lansdown where all tickets are yet to be released - expect a crowd of c22,000 on Sat which is decent…..let’s hope the boys are right up for this one ??

COYRs

10 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Dolman 1,200

Lower Lansdown 690

Cardiff have sold 3,000 

3000 Cardiff fans behind one of the goals, our vocal support as far away as physically possible - why on earth we give the away team this advantage will forever be a mystery to me.

Been raised by multiple managers of ours too over the years.. marginal gains etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Away allocation only 2.4K ?? Cardiff sold out quite quickly apparently as they think this ticket may be in the criteria fora Liverpool cup one

Are they still not allowed into sporting venues due to covid over there? I believe lots of Welsh clubs have been travelling away in decent numbers recently as a result. 

Feels like a recipe for having Cardiff fans in the home ends to be honest 

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

3000 Cardiff fans behind one of the goals, our vocal support as far away as physically possible - why on earth we give the away team this advantage will forever be a mystery to me.

Been raised by multiple managers of ours too over the years.. marginal gains etc

Completely agree - Millwall made a good noise with only 900 odd the other week so 3000 will make a racket. How the powers that be don’t see how that must affect the team I’ll never know.  They will claim ‘health and safety’ but most other clubs seem to be able to deal with home and away fans right next to each other just fine.  It winds me up watching MOTD and there being a small line of stewards between home and away fans - let alone fences / blocks of seats -  these are at highly charged games -  Spurs v Chelsea and West Ham v Leeds last week spring to mind but it’s most games every week. 
But its one of those things that will forever fall on deaf ears with our club it seems.  Sanitisation is what the owners want and therefore that’s what they get.  

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Are they still not allowed into sporting venues due to covid over there? I believe lots of Welsh clubs have been travelling away in decent numbers recently as a result. 

Always rumours of other teams fans in the home ends and it either never happens or if it does, they sensibly keep their gobs shut. 
If they do open their gobs I suppose they can look forward to trying to beat that Leeds fans time for falling from the top of the Dolman to the bottom.

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 6

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Still restricted but opening up again soon

Our club are very hot on checking previous purchase of supporters, it will be people with local friends or family at worst, hardly a minibus full of Soul Crew 

3 hours ago, lenred said:

Completely agree - Millwall made a good noise with only 900 odd the other week  

Reckon?  The loudest I heard them was when they booed taking the knee.  Louder than QPR I'll grant you, but that isn't tough.

Generally speaking, it's when northern types come to AG that you hear the most songs.  I guess they are just registering their delight at having encountered indoor plumbing for the first time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed 

I know it’s been done to death on here but they really need to do something about the placement of fans at Ashton gate . Whenever I’m watching the efl highlights or prem it’s embarrassing how our fan layout is pretty much designed to make as soulless an atmosphere as possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Think it's probably more to do with a lack of Home games to watch recently. Tickets were all sold last week to ST Holders/Members who have attended other away games this season. Sure a lot more could have been sold so there may be a sprinkling of Cardiff fans in the Home end. Hopefully they'll keep it to themselves if so.

What he said ⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Still restricted but opening up again soon

Our club are very hot on checking previous purchase of supporters, it will be people with local friends or family at worst, hardly a minibus full of Soul Crew 

8 hours ago, lenred said:

Completely agree - Millwall made a good noise with only 900 odd the other week so 3000 will make a racket. How the powers that be don’t see how that must affect the team I’ll never know.  They will claim ‘health and safety’ but most other clubs seem to be able to deal with home and away fans right next to each other just fine.  It winds me up watching MOTD and there being a small line of stewards between home and away fans - let alone fences / blocks of seats -  these are at highly charged games -  Spurs v Chelsea and West Ham v Leeds last week spring to mind but it’s most games every week. 
But its one of those things that will forever fall on deaf ears with our club it seems.  Sanitisation is what the owners want and therefore that’s what they get.  

Exactly - they have no desire for AG to be particularly hostile or atmospheric.. despite it being exactly the sort of thing that gets people hooked on football.

It’s to the detriment of the team too. Such a shame, it’s embarrassing getting out sung at home and the club don’t help that situation change. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agreed 

I know it’s been done to death on here but they really need to do something about the placement of fans at Ashton gate . Whenever I’m watching the efl highlights or prem it’s embarrassing how our fan layout is pretty much designed to make as soulless an atmosphere as possible.

It’s sadly too late I think, and that’s how the club like it.

Should've been home fans in Atyeo with away fans in adjacent corner of Lansdown/Dolman. We had a unique situation of a blank canvass to work out the logistics. Looks like we’re stuck with our current situation now and often a pretty poor atmosphere as a result.

Look at how 300 odd in the EE helped make the atmosphere at AG pretty good in 07/08. Needs away fans to bounce off and act as a catalyst.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly - they have no desire for AG to be particularly hostile or atmospheric.. despite it being exactly the sort of thing that gets people hooked on football.

It’s to the detriment of the team too. Such a shame, it’s embarrassing getting out sung at home and the club don’t help that situation change. 

Just another example of how out of touch the owner has been with true fans. I can hear Cardiff already “It’s like a library”. Used to be the best derby match for me. Nowadays I dread them as has been so quiet during games at AG.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

It will be a cracking atmosphere on Saturday, no fear.

Last few years against Cardiff at Ashton gate has been average atmosphere. I was sat in the dolman next to section 82 and could hear Cardiff fans more loudly than the few we had shoved in a little corner . 

That’s not a dig a section 82 either they were singing all game but with such a small amount in the corner compared to the whole atyeo there was no competition.

4 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

Just another example of how out of touch the owner has been with true fans. I can hear Cardiff already “It’s like a library”. Used to be the best derby match for me. Nowadays I dread them as has been so quiet during games at AG.

Think the last time there was a derby atmosphere at the gate for a league game was Swindon when we done them 3-0. The games against Cardiff and Swansea are pretty average to be honest .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StGeorge said:

Conversely, just how loud were we at their place earlier this year, immense.

I was in the home end on the half way line with a Cardiff supporting friend and honestly our fans didn’t sound very loud . Again that could be down to the away end being in the corner at Cardiff but it looked like a lot of our fans were sat down that day until the last 10 mins .

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I was in the home end on the half way line with a Cardiff supporting friend and honestly our fans didn’t sound very loud . Again that could be down to the away end being in the corner at Cardiff but it looked like a lot of our fans were sat down that day until the last 10 mins .

Weird isn't it? I came out with ears ringing, and having to shout any comment in mates ears during match, rarely heard Cardiff

42 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

To be fair, I think the atmosphere has been better this season. Despite the struggles.

I’ve said this before but the City crowd love the underdog tag.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Weird isn't it? I came out with ears ringing, and having to shout any comment in mates ears during match, rarely heard Cardiff

Yeh guess it’s just the lay out like at Ashton gate in the south stand you can’t always hear much of the away team but if you watch videos from the away team it always seems proper loud .

45 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I know I'm being pedantic here but you can't be on the half way line at an end of a ground. Ends are behind the nets. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Keyardiv said:

Think it's probably more to do with a lack of Home games to watch recently. Tickets were all sold last week to ST Holders/Members who have attended other away games this season. Sure a lot more could have been sold so there may be a sprinkling of Cardiff fans in the Home end. Hopefully they'll keep it to themselves if so.

Well up until the visit of the hotdogs for tea gang 3 years ago the away end was all open. After they played up and A+S police couldn’t control things they cut allocation to 2.4K for league games.

People in home ends is fine if they go unnoticed, it’s the bellwhiffs that cannot sit on their hands that get whacked

On 18/01/2022 at 13:45, Red-Robbo said:

Reckon?  The loudest I heard them was when they booed taking the knee.  Louder than QPR I'll grant you, but that isn't tough.

Generally speaking, it's when northern types come to AG that you hear the most songs.  I guess they are just registering their delight at having encountered indoor plumbing for the first time. 

& electricity…

That should guarantee a lot of noise from the Welsh then, though they are likely to be completely bemused by being asked to pay for things, seeing as they are used to getting the English taxpayer to do so.

“Feed the Welsh…”

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

19 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Last few years against Cardiff at Ashton gate has been average atmosphere. I was sat in the dolman next to section 82 and could hear Cardiff fans more loudly than the few we had shoved in a little corner . 

That’s not a dig a section 82 either they were singing all game but with such a small amount in the corner compared to the whole atyeo there was no competition.

Really shit in July ‘20 & Feb ‘21, it was as if no one was there..

• Haha 3