IGNORED

Saturdays crowd biggest of season?

mightyreds89

On 17/01/2022 at 22:18, mightyreds89 said:

Are we expecting a decent crowd? 

Just had a quick look at availability and not as many left as I’d have thought. 

Dolman 1,200

Lower Lansdown 690

Upper Lansdown 430 (all blocks on sale) 

Total home tickets left 2,230 

Cardiff have sold 3,000 

26,500 With around 1,000 empty Atyeo seats that’s 25,500 and deducting remaining that’s 23,270 sold with 4/5 days left to go! Could be largest home gate for a while (appreciate not all season ticket holders will be in attendance). 

Cardiff

have sold 2400 the maximum City allow now

Edited by Dolman Block B

On 18/01/2022 at 20:36, Wiltshire robin said:

I was in the home end on the half way line with a Cardiff supporting friend and honestly our fans didn’t sound very loud . Again that could be down to the away end being in the corner at Cardiff but it looked like a lot of our fans were sat down that day until the last 10 mins .

Our ground is set up all wrong, the main home end should be swapped to behind the other goal so it’s next to the away fans. The ground manager won’t let this happen though. It would make for a much better atmosphere. I’ve sat next to away fans at the Ccs in what is unbelievably the family stand, the kids get to hear all sorts of lovely language and references to being Welsh, fortunately my two young ones struggle to comprehend the northern/brummie accents so didn’t pick up on what was being said. Loads of fans who take their kids have complained but it falls on deaf ears. Sure, the odd idiot will get nicked and banned if we swapped the ends, but I dont think think anyone really fancies going down these days for handbags inside the stadium.

as noisy as you think you are in the away end, the main contingent of cardiff fans can’t hear you and vice versa….

Edited by Montpelierblue
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

The last time we won to beat Cardiff twice in a row was December 2002. There hasn’t been a home win for either side in this fixture since 2017.

Let’s hope we can reverse all of that in front of our biggest crowd for two years. 

I have nervous anticipation for this one, which I haven’t felt in a while. Doing the double over Cardiff would add a little more of a sparkle to this season. 

37 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The last time we won to beat Cardiff twice in a row was December 2002. There hasn’t been a home win for either side in this fixture since 2017.

Let’s hope we can reverse all of that in front of our biggest crowd for two years. 

I have nervous anticipation for this one, which I haven’t felt in a while. Doing the double over Cardiff would add a little more of a sparkle to this season. 

You beat us at our place, we need to return the favour sorry lads…..besides we are woeful at home and much better away this season. I think we have the worst home record in the entire league…..moreover a win for us will suck you guys down to the squeaky side a bit more

Edited by Montpelierblue

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You beat us at our place, we need to return the favour sorry lads…..besides we are woeful at home and much better away this season. I think we have the worst home record in the entire league…..

It must be bad if it's worse than ours 

• Haha 1

No doubt this would be a sell out if the POTD prices were what I would call ‘reasonable’….

Paying £40 in most parts of the ground is criminal. I understand the club need the money after the redevelopment/covid but come on lads/lasses?

Is that a fair point?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

No doubt this would be a sell out if the POTD prices were what I would call ‘reasonable’….

Paying £40 in most parts of the ground is criminal. I understand the club need the money after the redevelopment/covid but come on lads/lasses?

Is that a fair point?

Most parts of the ground? The most expensive ticket is actually only £38 and that's only in the central blocks in the Lansdown Stand. The vast majority of tickets are significantly cheaper than £40. 

Tickets are still available for £25.

Those are member prices, but even at non member prices, the vast majority of tickets are less than £40.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So does this 20k include the away sales? If so that ain’t that impressive imo 

My question also. It always used to include  away fans when they used to do this ore Covid.

Also agree that if this 20k does include 2.4K away fans it isn’t great/anything to shout about. It it doesn’t include then this is decent and will mean 23k by the day. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly my thoughts too, not sure why such a big deal is being made about it 

Attendances have dropped this year, some could have been put off by COVID etc. Maybe they hope that by promoting our biggest  crowd, it will make a few more confident in coming back. 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

17k home tickets pretty rubbish and extra attendance is impacted by the away sell out

Overall our crowds have still been pretty decent (top third in the league) given our poor form and no expectations of a good season, but 20k versus Cardiff is nothing to shout about. Nice marketing though

Still time to sell a few more to be fair.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

17k home tickets pretty rubbish and extra attendance is impacted by the away sell out

Overall our crowds have still been pretty decent (top third in the league) given our poor form and no expectations of a good season, but 20k versus Cardiff is nothing to shout about. Nice marketing though

How do you know this is the case? Our manager was talking about 20K having been sold in the presser so someone has misled him too? 

22 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

How do you know this is the case? Our manager was talking about 20K having been sold in the presser so someone has misled him too? 

How do I know what is the case?

That we've sold 20k including away fans? 

Because I'm not an idiot and if they'd sold 20k home fans + 2.5k away fans they would be saying it's 22k/23k, obviously