IGNORED

Shameful City statistic

Mad Cyril

51 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

So here it is.... since the start of the 2018/19 season, across 31 leagues in Europe, no team has been awarded less penalties than BCFC.

That's the worst count among 600 professional teams.

Incredible. Incredibly bad.

So why is it shameful?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We have been denied 3 clear ones this season (Forest & QPR home, Fulham away) so whilst I accept a more general point that we don’t threaten the opposition enough, we could certainly do with a bit more luck in this regard.

Didn't odowda get assaulted away at Coventry? So four stone wall pens. They even themselves out though apparently.

2 minutes ago, Packman said:

Didn't odowda get assaulted away at Coventry? So four stone wall pens. They even themselves out though apparently.

Good point, first few minutes- could easily have been a red card, too.

Guess I forgot that one because we were awarded our only penalty in the last year in the same game.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We have been denied 3 clear ones this season (Forest & QPR home, Fulham away) so whilst I accept a more general point that we don’t threaten the opposition enough, we could certainly do with a bit more luck in this regard.

Have you seen the Fulham one since? I’ve read very differing views on it - from ‘no chance’ right through to ‘stonewall’!

It was too far away to really tell on Saturday and I’ve not seen it since. 

28 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Have you seen the Fulham one since? I’ve read very differing views on it - from ‘no chance’ right through to ‘stonewall’!

It was too far away to really tell on Saturday and I’ve not seen it since. 

Defo penalty.

you can see that Dasilva is not falling until contact in these 4 pics. You see Reed’s leg go through Dasilva in pics 3 and 4…no contact on the ball, zoomed pic 5.

A88B5F9E-71BD-4BC8-9507-D2854D641CF6.png

4008B29A-2897-4544-B9E6-C6D3B740E34E.png

354D77CF-6EB3-48A2-8EC4-CD7D0CBFC486.png

A7C67D6E-99EE-4FD5-8539-A1BF6024E541.png

A2FC27EA-73B9-4111-9814-BF495766DEFF.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Defo penalty.

you can see that Dasilva is not falling until contact in these 4 pics. You see Reed’s leg go through Dasilva in pics 3 and 4…no contact on the ball, zoomed pic 5.

A88B5F9E-71BD-4BC8-9507-D2854D641CF6.png

4008B29A-2897-4544-B9E6-C6D3B740E34E.png

354D77CF-6EB3-48A2-8EC4-CD7D0CBFC486.png

A7C67D6E-99EE-4FD5-8539-A1BF6024E541.png

A2FC27EA-73B9-4111-9814-BF495766DEFF.png

I think another thing those pictures highlight, is the seemingly lack of effort from COD to get into the danger area, his posture isn't one of busting a gut to get to a loose ball, then slam it over the bar.

Thanks for those pics @Davefevs - definitely looks like a penalty.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think another thing those pictures highlight, is the seemingly lack of effort from COD to get into the danger area, his posture isn't one of busting a gut to get to a loose ball, then slam it over the bar.

Completely agree - more passive play from COD. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Super said:

Maybe we don't get into the box enough? 

Even if City's attacking quality has decreased in recents seasons, relating it with the lack of penalties is too simplistic. You can enter the opponents area 5 times and be clearly fouled 2 times or getting into the box 10 times and never get a touch by the other team's defenders: not giving at least one penalty in the first case can not be excused by the  number of box entries.

I agree more with the point about not searching for penalties, but I'm glad that our players usually prefer not to dive.