IGNORED

Ashton Gate Eight - 40th Anniversary events announced

shahanshahan

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Does anyone know if there's a good podcast interviewing them at all? I'd like to learn more about it and thought Geoff Merrick's interview was really interesting.

3 peeps said last week they have a special guest this week. Guess it will be one of the 8.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s a shame Robins TV didn’t show the AG8 tributes and events that were happening. Any particular reason why not or just an over sight?

I am annoyed, very annoyed. I was there throughout our dark days. Like many and despite being on a meagre salary, I was one of many buying shares.

I deliberately went to the Robins TV YouTube feed instead of listening via my Robins Listen subscription. I knew that the YouTube feed would be stopped prior to 3pm.

All went well with the showing of the Geoff Merrick and Peter 'I'm a Gashead' Aitken (he admitted that in the interview).

But why oh why couldn't Robins TV have shown us the Ashton Gate 8 on the pitch? As a former broadcaster and OB manager, it would've been very easy to set up. 

I wanted to applaud the 8 from my armchair. I wanted to be part of the celebration despite living a long way from BS3. 

Robins TV, what you did for the many of us was pathetic and slap in the face to those of us who were there at the time but can't attend.

Instead we get....

20220219_145501.jpg

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I am annoyed, very annoyed. I was there throughout our dark days. Like many and despite being on a meagre salary, I was one of many buying shares.

I deliberately went to the Robins TV YouTube feed instead of listening via my Robins Listen subscription. I knew that the YouTube feed would be stopped prior to 3pm.

All went well with the showing of the Geoff Merrick and Peter 'I'm a Gashead' Aitken (he admitted that in the interview).

But why oh why couldn't Robins TV have shown us the Ashton Gate 8 on the pitch? As a former broadcaster and OB manager, it would've been very easy to set up. 

I wanted to applaud the 8 from my armchair. I wanted to be part of the celebration despite living a long way from BS3. 

Robins TV, what you did for the many of us was pathetic and slap in the face to those of us who were there at the time but can't attend.

Instead we get....

20220219_145501.jpg

Well said

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Although a bit before my time got a bit choked up whilst that was going on today-  very well done all and a great result to boot 

Agree . Thought the club did not well today in its preparations and fair play to boro fans who also contributed. 

I definitely had a tear in my eye when all 8 were on the centre circle stood on their respective areas . 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Instead we get....

20220219_145501.jpg

Fully agree, I actually had radio Bristol on from 2pm so I managed to hear it all but would have liked to see it

Great tribute and quite emotional. My life seemed to flash in front of my eyes when they showed Jimmy Mann’s goal against Forest.

I could see exactly where a 14 year old me was stood in the East End as it sailed past Shilton.

The frightening thing was how black and white and grainy it looked, made me feel about 90 years old.

Also, in all the time we haven’t seen the goal the further out it’s been, in reality it wasn’t quite the 40 yarder that some have spoken about but a cracking effort all the same. Especially as we all hated Shilton in those days.

• Like 2