IGNORED

Brighton Chelsea

Unan

Just now, 054123 said:

I think the bloke is amazing.

If only he played for Man United, he might be in the England team.

Vadtly superior to Tyrone Mings

I said that when Webster was at City that he was the best CB I’d seen in a City shirt. He was a real class act and fully deserved a move to his home town club in the PL, Brighton.

You’re spot on that if Webster was a bigger PL club he’d be in the England squad. He must surely be in Southgate’s radar.

• Like 10

When Webster first arrived he reminded me of Caulker. Was obviously far and above the level we were at. Of course their careers have gone in opposite directions but I really think Webster will be going to the World Cup this year if he keeps this kind of form up, he is dealing with world class strikers with relative ease, Dunk is a good player but if you put Webster in the Arsenal/Spurs level side he wouldn’t look out of place whatsoever. Plus a centre half that can notch a few is always a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's galling that a rubbish player like Michael Keane has England caps when Webster, the perfect modern centre back, never gets a mention.

I think Keane was decent when he got his chance and deserved it at the time.  He’s regressed massively since then and Webster’s star has never been higher than it is now.  Think he has to be close to a call up now. Don’t think the ‘fashionable club’ thing will make much difference with Southgate (although you could say Brighton are pretty hipster at the moment!) and Webster will be the next cab on the rank.    

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

If Chelski keep dropping points like this It wouldn't surprise me if Tuchel ends the season as Man Ure manager (him being one of Rangnicks first disciples).

Table looks a bit odd Spurs have 5 games in hand on Chelsea! But they should be looking below them and not Liverpool or Man C

12 minutes ago, YCbrs said:

When Webster first arrived he reminded me of Caulker. Was obviously far and above the level we were at. Of course their careers have gone in opposite directions but I really think Webster will be going to the World Cup this year if he keeps this kind of form up, he is dealing with world class strikers with relative ease, Dunk is a good player but if you put Webster in the Arsenal/Spurs level side he wouldn’t look out of place whatsoever. Plus a centre half that can notch a few is always a bonus. 

Hmmm.

I am not sure AW is ever likely to make the last 16 of AFCON ?

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

I think Keane was decent when he got his chance and deserved it at the time.  He’s regressed massively since then and Webster’s star has never been higher than it is now.  Think he has to be close to a call up now. Don’t think the ‘fashionable club’ thing will make much difference with Southgate (although you could say Brighton are pretty hipster at the moment!) and Webster will be the next cab on the rank.    

Even at his best Keane was a solid centre half but with few of the qualities of a modern defender. Qualities Webster has in abundance.

Maguire is good for England. Not bothered about a few players club form when they consistently do it for England. 

For years we had players at club level struggle for the international side. 

A lot of people didn’t want Sterling or Pickford anywhere near the side last summer. Two of our better players! 

That said, Webster should be given a chance, I think he’d be perfect for Southgate in a back 3. 

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Maguire is good for England. Not bothered about a few players club form when they consistently do it for England. 

For years we had players at club level struggle for the international side. 

A lot of people didn’t want Sterling or Pickford anywhere near the side last summer. Two of our better players! 

That said, Webster should be given a chance, I think he’d be perfect for Southgate in a back 3. 

Unlike some others, the responsibility of being Captain has only enhanced his game