IGNORED

“This town ain’t big enough for the both of us…”

Silvio Dante

11 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Hope Taunton beat Farnborough but the SW’s 2nd team is of course the mighty tigers of Gloucester City! (Followed by the the Grecians).

Taunton only need a point now. Farnborough are out of it unless they beat Taunton 6-0, so we just have to avoid Hayes winning and Taunton losing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I'm really tempted to go to a non-league game this weekend...trouble is, I live in Bucks and don't give a monkey's about the local teams!

Just try one, it’s addictive ??

I’m off to Lodge Road for the last game of the season this weekend. Realistically, barring a ridiculous goal swing I think it’s gone but this has still been Yates best ever season and it’s been fantastic to be a part of it.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just try one, it’s addictive ??

I’m off to Lodge Road for the last game of the season this weekend. Realistically, barring a ridiculous goal swing I think it’s gone but this has still been Yates best ever season and it’s been fantastic to be a part of it.

I actually went to Yate v Kings Langley on Saturday and Yate did play well, scored a couple of cracking goals too. Amusing watching alongside a 30-strong stag do from Ireland. 

Can't make Taunton on Saturday, which is a gutter, but hopefully they get the job done ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually went to Yate v Kings Langley on Saturday and Yate did play well, scored a couple of cracking goals too. Amusing watching alongside a 30-strong stag do from Ireland. 

Can't make Taunton on Saturday, which is a gutter, but hopefully they get the job done ?

I saw some pics of the stag group. What was the story there? Yate of course being an incredibly bizarre place to go on a stag do

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Taunton beat Farnborough 2-1 to win the league and confirm promotion to National League South - what an achievement. Just over 2,300 fans at Wordsworth Dr today!

Crazy form in second half of the season. 

Indeed - I'm sure they were mid table at Christmas. Pretty much a League Two attendance today. Special occasion, of course!

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Congratulations to Taunton. Disappointing end to Yates season with a 2-1 defeat to Gosport, who fielded ex City loanee Matthew Briggs to remind me of a period in our history I’d sooner forget!

I see Weston won, so managed to get into the playoffs too.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Congratulations to Taunton. Disappointing end to Yates season with a 2-1 defeat to Gosport, who fielded ex City loanee Matthew Briggs to remind me of a period in our history I’d sooner forget!

Also Graham Rix in the Dugout for Gosport. Good banter between both dugouts, spectators and lino today. 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope Rix was the target of that banter!

He was quiet tbh...however both the manager and his assistant were both mouthing off to everyone...even their physio told the lino he was gonna knock him out after a player had a head injury. It got so silly that a Gosport ' hierarchy' told them to pack it in. The assistant manager was a right meathead. Gobbing all the time, and literally didn't shut up the whole game.  Entertaining to say the least. Was impressed with Gosport's number 4.