IGNORED

“This town ain’t big enough for the both of us…”

Silvio Dante

42 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It was a poor game at Taunton TBH but was all about getting across the line.

From what I've seen of Taunton they are a bit of a shithouse outfit. They don't really play through the phases, and certainly not out from the back, like say Weston do. 

I think it's fair to say their style is more "pragmatic", and direct. Whenever the ball got into a dangerous area v Yate a strong tackle was put in, or the ball was booted down the line. 

They clearly have a fair bit of quality in the final third though and have scored some great goals this season. 

Be fascinating to see how they get on next season in the Nat League. Hopefully they have a suitable level of investment to compete.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

From what I've seen of Taunton they are a bit of a shithouse outfit. They don't really play through the phases, and certainly not out from the back, like say Weston do. 

I think it's fair to say their style is more "pragmatic", and direct. Whenever the ball got into a dangerous area v Yate a strong tackle was put in, or the ball was booted down the line. 

They clearly have a fair bit of quality in the final third though and have scored some great goals this season. 

Be fascinating to see how they get on next season in the Nat League. Hopefully they have a suitable level of investment to compete.

I must confess to having little knowledge of the Conference South but realistically how should they do? They`ll be up against the likes of Bath & Chippenham?

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I must confess to having little knowledge of the Conference South but realistically how should they do? They`ll be up against the likes of Bath & Chippenham?

Yep. As I said previously it's a very south east centric league. Taunton are the furthest team west, before you get to Chippenham. 

So they'll be logistics issues for starters with games in Herts and then also at the likes of Ebbsfleet. That's obviously increased cost but also potentially overnight stays for part-time players.

I'm not sure if any teams are considered fully pro at this level, but certainly you get teams like Dulwich who have adopted daytime training to become more professional. Taunton won't be able to adapt to anything like that I wouldn't have thought. 

So yeah, lots of challenges. I'm sure season one goal will be survival. 

An opportunity for City to send a loan player or two? Taunton and Bath have already benefitted from City loans over the years, so sure that'll happen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bad news coming out of Yate today:

As can happen at this level, every chance of players going with him. Statement suggests that nothing lined up and it’s more about being based in Wales, but the job done would put him in the frame for better jobs moving forward.

in short - bugger.

Edit: Confirmed as new Merthyr boss, they were relegated from Yates division this year 

Edited by Silvio Dante

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bad news coming out of Yate today:

As can happen at this level, every chance of players going with him. Statement suggests that nothing lined up and it’s more about being based in Wales, but the job done would put him in the frame for better jobs moving forward.

in short - bugger.

Edit: Confirmed as new Merthyr boss, they were relegated from Yates division this year 

I thought he would go up the leagues a bit but I guess Merthyr get bigger crowds/bigger budget than Yate

Morning All,

if you are at a loose end on Monday 2nd May , Manor Farm have made it to the Southern league One play off final against Winchester City. 
Game is being played at Winchesters Community Stadium KO 3pm. Pay on the day , adults £10, £7 concessions and u16s £3.

Promotion would take them to level 7 . 
Get along if you can and join Tony and the Farmy Army. 
We are travelling from Monmouthshire for this. Few beers pitchside ?

• Like 1

Good luck to BMFFC.

Round my neck of the woods, Scarborough Athletic (under Jonathan Greening) are just a game away from gaining promotion to National League North, which is where the original Scarborough FC were when they went bust. We're going to try and get tickets, but I think the demand is going to be huge. There were over 2,000 in for the play off semi-final v Matlock.

On 28/04/2022 at 12:42, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Good luck to BMFFC.

Round my neck of the woods, Scarborough Athletic (under Jonathan Greening) are just a game away from gaining promotion to National League North, which is where the original Scarborough FC were when they went bust. We're going to try and get tickets, but I think the demand is going to be huge. There were over 2,000 in for the play off semi-final v Matlock.

2-1 win for Scarborough today. Glad to see them back (albeit as a phoenix club) in National League North.

Free bar apparently… 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Not as local as some of the teams mentioned in this thread but Chippenham have just won their play off quarter final against dartford and are now two games away from the national league . Would be huge for them if they went up and played teams like Oldham and notts county .

Chippenham in the Conference would be crazy. Hope they do it

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Not as local as some of the teams mentioned in this thread but Chippenham have just won their play off quarter final against dartford and are now two games away from the national league . Would be huge for them if they went up and played teams like Oldham and notts county .

Just saw they won 3-2 on penalties after a goalless draw

Ebbsfleet away on Sunday now to play the winners of Dorking and Oxford City 

• Like 1

As this is the non league thread(!) just a quick Yate update.

Peter Beadle, looking like he could break the physios table in his interview, confirmed that a lot of last years squad have gone. Top scorer James Harding and managers POTY Sam Turl are off to Swindon Supermarine. Supporters POTY Will Tunicliff and first choice keeper Andy Hannah have also gone, and Beadle suggested several more may also leave for more cash, including ex City Ricardo Rees (although by no means first choice).

Its a fact of life at Yates level that you’ll see turnover, but can’t help but think if they’d have kept Michael for one more year players wouldn’t have been as keen to move on

I