IGNORED

Nige Press Conference

GrahamC

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Not sure if anyone else has commented yet, but I listened to it & came away with the impression he isn’t all that enamoured with Tyreeq ?.

Also comes as close as he has done publicly to saying Baker might have to retire.

I have just read it, safe to say we wont see him in a City shirt again but if he has an attitude then get rid.

With regards to Baker, if he has to retire through injury would be be insured for that?

Just now, BS3_RED said:

I have just read it, safe to say we wont see him in a City shirt again but if he has an attitude then get rid.

With regards to Baker, if he has to retire through injury would be be insured for that?

No way of knowing, logic would suggest so (the lad Mason at Spurs had to retire & he was) but no idea of the specifics with us.

17 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

This is why Pearson is the right person for the job and patience needs to be shown.

Attitude in football and dressing room culture is vital to a happy team, that is then a successful one.

This mess started with Ashton and Johnson - arguably some forced on them, due to players we sold and cashed in on, but ultimately, the process of checking the players coming in was not good enough and did not look beyond their natural and potential ability. Holden walked into a ticking time bomb, with a squad of unfit, unhappy players with a few who were causing issues behind the scenes.

Nige has come in - taken stock, and is slowly but surely getting rid of them, to enable the culture required to come back. Players have to do it his way, or no way.

When players like Kasper Schmeichel or Matty James speak so highly of him, it is for a reason, however some of our players don't like the harsh realities being served to them behind closed doors.

To his credit, Pearson always said it was a 3 year plan to convert and we are nearing the end of year 1. I've no doubt following a summer overhaul, we'll see a big difference in the next 12 months.

Today is a good day for this club, and his honesty should be a further warning to those players who think they can do as they wish. 

Post of the day! ?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Haha i love Nige. Says what the vast majority of us are thinking. 

I for one am delighted Bakinson is now off the bus. Nothing infuriates me more than seeing a player wearing our great shirt that looks disinterested and lazy, cheerio Ty!

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not sure if anyone else has commented yet, but I listened to it & came away with the impression he isn’t all that enamoured with Tyreeq ?.

Also comes as close as he has done publicly to saying Baker might have to retire.

Yeah, Nige was not exactly subtle when asked about Bakinson going on loan……….…:rofl2br:adding that negativity is not something he wants in the squad. GJ did something similar when he got rid of Flapper.

Today must have been the longest presser by Nige so far. I thought he was excellent. Straight talking but at the same time not giving anything away.

Regarding Bakers situation - it certainly sounded as if NB will be absent for some time yet but that he was around the training squad today to spend time with his teammates to help reduce any feelings of isolation that injured players often  have. Having a routine is important - good man management there.

I’m even more convinced that Nige is the right man in charge.

• Like 10

Blimey! Just listened to NP's comments. Didn't pull any punches, did he? That was about as damning as anything I've ever heard a City manager say publicly about a player. Sounded pretty terminal, too. Can't see any way back from that, unless the intention is to give him a king-sized boot up the backside, but I imagine that's already been done in private, and probably more than once.

What is it with some of these young guys? There is real talent there and the possibility of a very rewarding career ahead of him, and he can't be arsed to get out of bed and put a shift in. Very disappointing, and a terrible waste, but we've seen it before in gifted but unmotivated and under-achieving players. David Noble and JET, to name two obvious examples of blokes who should have been PL regulars. Further back, Gavin Williams was arguably another. 

Can't fault the decision, though. You don't want to put the effort in, on yer bike. Sends the right message, but it's a loss, for TB as much as the club.  

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

This is why Pearson is the right person for the job and patience needs to be shown.

Attitude in football and dressing room culture is vital to a happy team, that is then a successful one.

This mess started with Ashton and Johnson - arguably some forced on them, due to players we sold and cashed in on, but ultimately, the process of checking the players coming in was not good enough and did not look beyond their natural and potential ability. Holden walked into a ticking time bomb, with a squad of unfit, unhappy players with a few who were causing issues behind the scenes.

Nige has come in - taken stock, and is slowly but surely getting rid of them, to enable the culture required to come back. Players have to do it his way, or no way.

When players like Kasper Schmeichel or Matty James speak so highly of him, it is for a reason, however some of our players don't like the harsh realities being served to them behind closed doors.

To his credit, Pearson always said it was a 3 year plan to convert and we are nearing the end of year 1. I've no doubt following a summer overhaul, we'll see a big difference in the next 12 months.

Today is a good day for this club, and his honesty should be a further warning to those players who think they can do as they wish. 

I love this post and it’s 100% spot on. My slight concern is Big Nige is not going to have much money to spend to correct our obvious deficiencies due to our trading loss. But he’s working well with what he’s got. Zak Vyner watch your step !!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

What is it with some of these young guys? There is real talent there and the possibility of a very rewarding career ahead of him, and he can't be arsed to get out of bed and put a shift in. Very disappointing, and a terrible waste, but we've seen it before in gifted but unmotivated and under-achieving players. David Noble and JET, to name two obvious examples of blokes who should have been PL regulars. Further back, Gavin Williams was arguably another. 

I don't read it as TB being lazy or disinterested. More that he thinks he should be playing, only wants to play in his 'best' position, and whines about being left out. 

Not good for team spirit and a big contrast with Scott who Nige praised for being willing to play wherever the team needs him most. Ty seems to be a bit of a me-me-me whinger was my take on his comments. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

I love this post and it’s 100% spot on. My slight concern is Big Nige is not going to have much money to spend to correct our obvious deficiencies due to our trading loss. But he’s working well with what he’s got. Zak Vyner watch your step !!

Thanks for the nice comments, and I agree that the lack of funds may be an issue.

That said, the amount of out of contact players this summer on free transfers is huge. There will be some good quality available, and also players who are mentally right for what Nige is building. To an extent you can coach a player to get better, or add physicality. Changing an attitude or habit of behaviour is harder. 

Others teams (QPR with all their turmoil, Coventry and Barnsley last year) have shown you don't need big money, but you need to identify team players to align to the approach and system the manager wants. With that in mind, our biggest expense will be signing on fees and not transfer fees. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Completely agree. There are some that like to think NP’s a bully . Nothing of the sort . He’s exactly what this club needed to turn it around. We’ve had a soft underbelly for years now . You only go one way in that scenario & that’s down . 
Im excited for the future under nige. This time next season I think there’ll be a big improvement in what we see on the pitch. It’s starts behind the scenes though & it’s the things we don’t see day to day that set the trend . 

• Like 13
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Sandhurst Red said:

You only need to listen to Kasper and Peter Schmeichel to appreciate the value they put on the influence Pearson had on individuals and the squad at Leicester City. It is going to take time but Pearson will flush out those that don’t fit the profile and attitude he wants for the squad. 

He’s had a good look at the players in the past year or so and it’s now time to get rid of those who he thinks aren’t up to the job 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't read it as TB being lazy or disinterested. More that he thinks he should be playing, only wants to play in his 'best' position, and whines about being left out. 

Not good for team spirit and a big contrast with Scott who Nige praised for being willing to play wherever the team needs him most. Ty seems to be a bit of a me-me-me whinger was my take on his comments. 

Exactly that imo. Sounds like he's been flouncing around the training ground telling people "I'm ******* off" rather than fighting for a place in the side and Nige has turned round to the kid and said "my pleasure lad, the exit door is that ******* way....".