IGNORED

Nige Press Conference

GrahamC

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Completely agree. There are some that like to think NP’s a bully . Nothing of the sort . He’s exactly what this club needed to turn it around. We’ve had a soft underbelly for years now . You only go one way in that scenario & that’s down . 
Im excited for the future under nige. This time next season I think there’ll be a big improvement in what we see on the pitch. It’s starts behind the scenes though & it’s the things we don’t see day to day that set the trend . 

This ⬆️ 100%. 
Nice old BCFC has been the case for far too long. I dont think Nige is really the authoritative man SL really wants in charge either as he’s clearly too motivated to clear the deadwood and clear the niceness away. 
Perhaps we are now seeing the green shoots of us falling in line with what pro football is - hard and competitive, not nice and namby pamby like weve been for too long. 
Keep it up Nige!

Edited by nickolas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't want anyone having a fit of he plays well for Ipswich and blaming NP for letting him go out on loan. Surely, having burnt his bridges here, it's a case of whatever it takes to get that move made permanent? I'm sure any fee would be pretty nominal, although knowing Ashton, he'll probably try to knock it up to a few million.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't want anyone having a fit of he plays well for Ipswich and blaming NP for letting him go out on loan. Surely, having burnt his bridges here, it's a case of whatever it takes to get that move made permanent? I'm sure any fee would be pretty nominal, although knowing Ashton, he'll probably try to knock it up to a few million.

Oh they will. The very same people who were crucifying Nige for playing him when we had a load of injuries will be crucifying him the very first time he has a decent game for Ipswich................

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Think it’s quite telling that nige mentions him being negative around the place.

That sort of thing spreads really quickly if you don't nip it in the bud and before you know it you have seven or eight players who are convinced that they will never get a game "under this clown".

• Like 6

Slightly surprised at the detail that Nige went into around Bakinson given the question was just "any truth in the rumours of a loan move". He could have given a much more terse answer. Fair enough though, see you later Tyreeq.

Nice to hear Baker has been back at the training ground - and it's great to hear Pearson refer to that place as simply the 'training ground' rather than the 'High Performance Centre' or the 'HPC'.

Lovely to hear that Williams might be a sub on Saturday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That sort of thing spreads really quickly if you don't nip it in the bud and before you know it you have seven or eight players who are convinced that they will never get a game "under this clown".

I well remember Jose Mourinho saying that ‘if you have one rotten apple in the box, pretty soon they’re all rotten’……. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/528424/pearson/#14

Ipswich fans think Pearson is a knob because he’s letting Bakinson join Mark Ashtons team. Gone right off Ipswich 

Are Ipswich also taking Bakinson's imaginary friends? You know, those he spends time marking and occasionally passing to......

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Slightly surprised at the detail that Nige went into around Bakinson given the question was just "any truth in the rumours of a loan move". He could have given a much more terse answer. Fair enough though, see you later Tyreeq.

Nice to hear Baker has been back at the training ground - and it's great to hear Pearson refer to that place as simply the 'training ground' rather than the 'High Performance Centre' or the 'HPC'.

What is good is that we were told it would be January when he got injured. Compare that to last seasons "back in a few weeks" which translated as season ender half the time.

Bakinson is no big loss. Lacked desire and often looked lazy. Remember the game against Bournemouth when he came on. Strolled around despite the fact we were down to 10 men. Frustrating player- suited to league one. 

Loved the press conference and the comparison with Alex Scott! 

Palmer next hopefully. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/528424/pearson/#14

Ipswich fans think Pearson is a knob because he’s letting Bakinson join Mark Ashtons team. Gone right off Ipswich 

The Ipswich fans who post on their forum seem mostly deluded and misguided, and most of their comments deserve a mixture of sympathy and contempt?  They certainly deserve all the Ashton malignancy that will eventually be coming there way?

• Like 1

100% behind NP, think he is a breath of fresh air to the club and the person who can take us forward.

Bit surprised at the TB outburst, seems something recent happened and quite raw about it, but can't see anyway back for TB, which if he does perform really well at IT then could be a shame.

As one of the few who liked TB and believed he has the potential to be a top player if he can get other parts of his game together. But no player or individual is bigger than the club, so if he does not want to be here or does not buy into what NP expects of him, then time to jog on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

100% behind NP, think he is a breath of fresh air to the club and the person who can take us forward.

Bit surprised at the TB outburst, seems something recent happened and quite raw about it, but can't see anyway back for TB, which if he does perform really well at IT then could be a shame.

As one of the few who liked TB and believed he has the potential to be a top player if he can get other parts of his game together. But no player or individual is bigger than the club, so if he does not want to be here or does not buy into what NP expects of him, then time to jog on.

Trouble is that the main other parts of his game that he needed to get together were work-rate,attitude and desire. Not sure you learn that- it’s either ingrained or it’s not. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

This is why Pearson is the right person for the job and patience needs to be shown.

Attitude in football and dressing room culture is vital to a happy team, that is then a successful one.

This mess started with Ashton and Johnson - arguably some forced on them, due to players we sold and cashed in on, but ultimately, the process of checking the players coming in was not good enough and did not look beyond their natural and potential ability. Holden walked into a ticking time bomb, with a squad of unfit, unhappy players with a few who were causing issues behind the scenes.

Nige has come in - taken stock, and is slowly but surely getting rid of them, to enable the culture required to come back. Players have to do it his way, or no way.

When players like Kasper Schmeichel or Matty James speak so highly of him, it is for a reason, however some of our players don't like the harsh realities being served to them behind closed doors.

To his credit, Pearson always said it was a 3 year plan to convert and we are nearing the end of year 1. I've no doubt following a summer overhaul, we'll see a big difference in the next 12 months.

Today is a good day for this club, and his honesty should be a further warning to those players who think they can do as they wish. 

Sandhurst?

Red?

You not Richard Gould are you? ???

Great post btw.

3 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Blimey! Just listened to NP's comments. Didn't pull any punches, did he? That was about as damning as anything I've ever heard a City manager say publicly about a player. Sounded pretty terminal, too. Can't see any way back from that, unless the intention is to give him a king-sized boot up the backside, but I imagine that's already been done in private, and probably more than once.

I think he’s had his boots up the backside, last season, and earlier this season.  What I did like was that Nige was petulant when recognising he played decently against Stoke.  For me that says “has ability, has the wrong attitude”.  And that’s not enough.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Completely agree. There are some that like to think NP’s a bully . Nothing of the sort . He’s exactly what this club needed to turn it around. We’ve had a soft underbelly for years now . You only go one way in that scenario & that’s down . 
Im excited for the future under nige. This time next season I think there’ll be a big improvement in what we see on the pitch. It’s starts behind the scenes though & it’s the things we don’t see day to day that set the trend . 

And get some fans moan that players “steal a wage”.  Not a phrase I like per se, but we’ve been calling out for a while to have a strong character as manager.

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

With rumours of other clubs interested (Blackpool, Hull), I would imagine any fee is a bit better than nominal, albeit not large either.  My guess fwiw is £350k (what we paid for him allegedly).  I hope he does ok at Ipswich because it makes him more attractive to bids in the summer.  Not too well though ???

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

According to sum, Nige treats the press conferences with contempt…not if you get him going eh @redsquirrel ???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Even if he plays well, it'll be in the league below - nothing to suggest he could keep that up at this level

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some nice insight to the Nagy departure if you read between the lines a little. Sounds like Pearson still has some respect for Nagy and holds no ill feelings towards him.

And yeh "Alex Scott is a far more accomplished player [than Bakinson]". I mean I totally agree, but the candour is quite extraordinary.

Thought that too & Pearson seemed to stop himself from saying much more but my take on it was that Nagy was keen to leave, but was open & honest about it to Pearson’s face & presumably prepared to forego part of his wages with us to make it happen.

No hanging around picking up wages he wasn’t earning & straightforward to deal with.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

I love Pearson. Exactly the manager we've needed for so long in terms of personality and culture. Just methodically getting rid of people who aren't pulling in the same direction. He's that teacher at school who is strict but everyone respects for it.

To complete the analogy, “Deano” (sigh) was the supply teacher. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1