IGNORED

Nige Press Conference

GrahamC

On 21/01/2022 at 00:59, Offside said:

Fascinating press conference, especially the Bakinson situation. NP was very forthright and damning of him. It sounds to me like some sort of incident has been the catalyst for his departure, and if the move falls through there is no way back for him.

I enjoyed what Nige said about Alex Scott as well, which confirm what we’ve all seen about how mature he is on the pitch. 

Glad to hear Joe Williams is back in contention, we could really do with him staying fit for an extended run. 

I don't think I've ever heard a more forthright damming of one of our players by a sitting manager,

don't care if he's here or not .

not wasting time on people with negative attitude,

Scott the far more accomplished player at a younger age etc etc.....

What an absolute shoeing.

Shame really coz we were all hoping NP could get a tune out of him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

I don't think I've ever heard a more forthright damming of one of our players by a sitting manager,

don't care if he's here or not .

not wasting time on people with negative attitude,

Scott the far more accomplished player at a younger age etc etc.....

What an absolute shoeing.

Shame really coz we were all hoping NP could get a tune out of him

The issue with players who make you work your bollocks off to get a tune out of them is that in the end they will always let you down. Certainly in my playing experience anyway.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Maybe you underestimate him too, but do agree Eze (more than Zaha) is a lovely exceptional technical player, but far off no, sorry.  Maybe I'm too positive. If he does add those goals to his game and his football intelligence continues to improve he will be gone in 5 minutes. He has everything else they look for at the top. I hope he stays, as it is with him, Scott, Ayman that we have a remote chance of getting to the Prem. 

Semenyo has great feet but he’s streets behind Eze in terms of technical ability. That’s not a slight on Semenyo, just Eze can do far more with the ball and can play at a higher standard than Semenyo. We still need to see Antoine perform consistently in the championship before comparing him to a player that’s performed consistently in the Premier League.

He’s got bags of potential, and could well end up at a similar level to Eze, but he’s not near it yet.