IGNORED

Senior Reds Lunch

sm2webb

3 minutes ago, sm2webb said:

I saw there was meant to be a Senior Reds lunch today, with Nigel Pearson as guest speaker.

Did it go ahead as planned?

Did anyone on here attend?  If so, are you happy to let us know what was talked about please?

Robbored usually goes and moans about the food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven’t attended Senior Reds for ages. The lunch became seriously overpriced and I decided not to pay for food simply not worth the money. 

Your correct. I haven't been this season as I thought the food very overpriced for what it was.

57 minutes ago, DaveF said:

What sort of bunse we talking?

When first joined Senior Reds it was just a fiver for decent value for money three course meal. Over time the cost increased and iirc the last time I went it was £20+ and decrease in quality. It became a rip-off.

Its the club, not the Senior Reds who set the price.

I went yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not just about the lunch but a great opportunity to talk with fellow reds, especially those old enough to remember as far back as me!

The talk is always informative and entertaining. Pity NP couldn't attend but Richard Latham was excellent.

Previous guests have included Richard Gould, Mark Kelly and some greats from the past including Geoff Merrick, Sweeney, Tainton etc.

It's not just about the meal (although yesterday's was very nice), it's the occasion.

3 lovely hours spent in good company plus a nice meal for £20? I am more than happy!

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When first joined Senior Reds it was just a fiver for decent value for money three course meal. Over time the cost increased and iirc the last time I went it was £20+ and decrease in quality. It became a rip-off.

Its the club, not the Senior Reds who set the price.

Not many places you can get 3 courses for 20 pound?!

I have recently joined and ok the meal might be deemed tad on the pricy side but as others alluded it’s a good few hours out and a chance to chew the cud with like minded people, as well catching up few old faces…literally.

The guest speakers are pretty good and next month it’s Geoff Merrick.  Always good. £20 that’s ok for the afternoon. Geoffs attendance coincides with the release of his book 

Edited by DT The Optimist

12 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

While it’s not ‘fine dining’ it’s certainly  not crap. The three meals I have had since joining have all been ok…it’s  about expectations really.  

For me it’s about value for money. I don’t mind coughing up for good quality food but that’s not what I was getting at Senior Reds. 

It’s about 18/12 since I last attended.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For me it’s about value for money. I don’t mind coughing up for good quality food but that’s not what I was getting at Senior Reds. 

It’s about 1812 since I last attended.

wow,did they have charts back in those days, the 1812 overture was very popular

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You seem the very fussy type.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What do you expect for £20?