IGNORED

Bristol City v Cardiff City at home match day thread

Just now, Jerseybean said:

Evening MRR Rest assured there is a smattering of bleating and baaing in the MDT. 

I cant 'like' 'thank' and ' laugh' in the same response so consider it all three.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. My son is bringing his mate who is a cardiff fan  and sitting with us in W3 Dolman- any advice? He took my son to the cardiff away match and he sat in the home end and managed to  scream jump around and celebrate in his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I cant 'like' 'thank' and ' laugh' in the same response so consider it all three.

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. My son is bringing his mate who is a cardiff fan  and sitting with us in W3 Dolman- any advice? He took my son to the cardiff away match and he sat in the home end and managed to  scream jump around and celebrate in his head.

Only advice I have is don’t be too sheepish with your son’s mate before kick off, but when we are two up certainly start bleating and at halftime ram it home by inviting him to anything woolen he wants from the Club shop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

By sounds of things Moore is also out so that good for defence. Although we most not the old boy factor Flint or Pack to score on return to the gate!! Here’s hoping for a performance in front of a the sol out gate COYR 

Their latest team news: 

Will be without Kieffer Moore, who is still recovering from an ankle problem which saw him hobble off against Bournemouth. He is stepping up his recovery after missing 10 days of training due to contracting Covid-19 and this game will come too soon for him, Steve Morison has said.

New boy Tommy Doyle has registered in time to take part in the Severnside derby, though, while Max Watters is in contention for the first time following his return from his loan stint with MK Dons.

Leandro Bacuna will be back in contention after his three-match suspension has been served. Isaac Vassell is the long-term absentee.

Looking at the table, draw would not be awful, but hoping for the win.

Bit worried about what Nostradamus had to say however ‘The Apocalypse will be foreshadowed by a year of great pestilence throughout the land, when robins are slaughtered at a craven cottage, and afore the moon has waned are reincarnated in the West and butcher many blue birds upon the gate’.

Not happened for a while has it?

Edited by cityexile
  • Haha 2

Their fans aren't discussing the game soo much as related topics.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?451738-Covid-stays-at-Bristol I read on the CCFC website that fans will need to show Covid status before admittance to the Bristol game. Is this a new thing? There was nothing like that at Birmingham recently.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?451739-Away-pub-for-tomorrow Morning All, news from Bristol: the Knights Templar is not opening tomorrow until 11.00hrs, and there is no designated pub for Cardiff fans as nobody wants to take them unfortunately.
Beer will be available at the Stadium.   The Commercial Rooms (wetherspoons) is around at 15 minute walk from Temple Meads, it opens at 8am.

Just now, cityexile said:

Bit worried about what Nostradamus had to say however ‘The Apocalypse will be foreshadowed by the year when robins are slaughtered at a craven cottage, but within a handful of days are reincarnated and butcher many blue birds upon the gate’.

Brilliant!

As a boy I spent a few hours at Ninian Park. My Dad, the son of a Somerset lad (Claverham), dragged screaming and kicking to the Rhondda by his parents who wanted the work in the mines in place of unemployment, always organised his trips back home from Bristol so that he could see a match en route. Not that he supported them, he just loved football (and rugby). His team as a child was Merthyr Tydfil.

When he was a boy, he came to Bristol with his Dad to visit an uncle in Coronation Road. If City were home in the Wedlock days, it was off to Ashton Gate for all the males. When he moved to Bristol to work at BAC in 1930's, his team became BRISTOL CITY and a win over Cardiff was the one he prized most. 

So come on City, do this one for my Father. And the rest of us!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Their fans aren't discussing the game soo much as related topics.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?451738-Covid-stays-at-Bristol I read on the CCFC website that fans will need to show Covid status before admittance to the Bristol game. Is this a new thing? There was nothing like that at Birmingham recently.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?451739-Away-pub-for-tomorrow Morning All, news from Bristol: the Knights Templar is not opening tomorrow until 11.00hrs, and there is no designated pub for Cardiff fans as nobody wants to take them unfortunately.
Beer will be available at the Stadium.   The Commercial Rooms (wetherspoons) is around at 15 minute walk from Temple Meads, it opens at 8am.

We’ve had to show a Covid pass or other proof at the last couple of games at Ashton Gate. This rule is still in force until next week 

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Brilliant!

As a boy I spent a few hours at Ninian Park. My Dad, the son of a Somerset lad (Claverham), dragged screaming and kicking to the Rhondda by his parents who wanted the work in the mines in place of unemployment, always organised his trips back home from Bristol so that he could see a match en route. Not that he supported them, he just loved football (and rugby). His team as a child was Merthyr Tydfil.

When he was a boy, he came to Bristol with his Dad to visit an uncle in Coronation Road. If City were home in the Wedlock days, it was off to Ashton Gate for all the males. When he moved to Bristol to work at BAC in 1930's, his team became BRISTOL CITY and a win over Cardiff was the one he prized most. 

Quite a few years ago now lived in Llandaff, and in fairness Cardiff was quite a fun city in which to live in my relative youth. When I could not get across the bridge would often go to the old Ninian Park, because ‘football’. Mainly bottom two leagues stuff.

Still got one or two mates from then who are bluebirds through and through, so bragging rights worth double today!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Bit worried about what Nostradamus had to say however ‘The Apocalypse will be foreshadowed by a year of great pestilence throughout the land, when robins are slaughtered at a craven cottage, and afore the moon has waned are reincarnated in the West and butcher many blue birds upon the gate’.

Could you do one of these every week? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Brilliant!

Interesting post @cidered abroad

I remember having a very Welsh great great Uncle who had worked down the mines all his life. Must have done the same by going over for the work as cousin did DNA test which showed no Welsh blood.  For all the grief and abuse we give them at football I have always found the Welsh very humble and welcoming people (On a non Cardiff v City match day anyway!)

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

God I bored. This can’t some soon enough!

Did I read that they’ve signed a Man United young’un? Is he available to play?

Have secured a loan deal for Manchester City youngster Tommy Doyle. The 20-year-old midfielder has been on loan at Bundesliga Two outfit SV Hamburg so far this season. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60003984

• Thanks 1