IGNORED

Semenyo

Waconda

I agree with man of the match although would be harsh to take from Martin after two very well taken goals. 

I’m excited when AS gets hold of the ball, wicked pace and power combo. Over the moon that we’re being rewarded for the patience and game time we gave him. 

Great little interaction between Nige and Antoine when he made a mistake in the first half. Nige telling him to look at him and asking him what that was all about, while smiling/ almost laughing I might add, followed up with a “come on” . Good bit of banter but exactly the type of coaching this lad needs. Not getting on his back for making errors but giving him a subtle little nudge in the right direction.

There’s definitely more to come from him if we can keep him fit.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Granted I wasn’t at Fulham last week but that was a real sit up and take notice performance from Antoine today. Pace power composure. He keeps that up and he’s going to be some player. 

It’s just the composure / finishing that’s missing for me. You can see he’s not been academy schooled (and in some ways that’s an advantage). Really exciting player though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s just the composure / finishing that’s missing for me. You can see he’s not been academy schooled (and in some ways that’s an advantage). Really exciting player though.

Agree he could/should have had a couple today but even the two he had that hit the post and the side netting seemed far more controlled than the pot shots he was taking 6 months ago. Also played AW in for the third when maybe previously he may have tried to get a shot off himself.  I think this could be lift off for his career. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

He's always had the raw attributes. Confidence, fitness and nailing down a position has resulted in those attributes being used effectively. Well done to the staff and Semenyo for that.

I imagine Nige is probably an incredibly good manager to have develop you if you have the raw attributes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Semenyo can be the player to highlight what Pearson is bringing to this team. 

A player being coached in the right way, and being allowed to express himself. 

That was some performance from him today! 

A new contract would be the icing on the cake. 

Just made me look up when it expires:

Next summer, but we have a 12 month option in addition to that. So effectively, this year plus two more. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Just made me look up when it expires:

Next summer, but we have a 12 month option in addition to that. So effectively, this year plus two more. 

I would be keen to avoid our past mistakes and try to tie him down for longer to keep the 'premier league vultures' away. 

Perfect time to secure him for longer whilst he is one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

He’s finding those positions now and learning how to make get the best of attributes.

Progress. Just like the rest of team.

As a club we created an awful situation, but I believe Pearson will sort it our and start our progress.

As @Davefevs regularly says, Pearson might not be the manger who gets us there, but he will sort this cluster **** out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would be keen to avoid our past mistakes and try to tie him down for longer to keep the 'premier league vultures' away. 

Perfect time to secure him for longer whilst he is one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

There’s probably some good room to do it too. I don’t expect he’s anywhere near a high earner. The random websites quoting salaries seem to have him on 2.5k/week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There’s probably some good room to do it too. I don’t expect he’s anywhere near a high earner. The random websites quoting salaries seem to have him on 2.5k/week. 

Exactly, now would be the ideal time. His stock is only going to continue to grow. 

Even in the current circumstances, we could likely increase his salary to around £7k p/w, and additional departure would support that. 

Would certainly prefer that we secured his future long-term, as opposed to a new signing who would likely demand high wages. 

• Like 1

This is why for some time I’ve insisted that he needs to play down the middle (somewhere).

@JonDolmanhe was quiet most of the first half, agree.

Got that little ricochet second half on the halfway line under the Dolman, and he was off.  He sparked everything, all we had to do was get a ball bouncing around their CBs and he caused all manner of problems.  Linked well with Martin second half too.

My only bit of annoyance is that he might actually become a bit better than I thought ???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

My word he’s found his shooting boots. Really enjoyed that performance. Someone on the other thread said his power reminded them of Ade Akinbiyi. 

Certainly becoming a real handful. Well played son. Well played. 

He’s always had that in him. Said it for ages. He hits a ball so cleanly off both sides - like nobody else we’ve had for a long while - he just needed to add a touch of composure and decision making on when to shoot.

• Like 1