IGNORED

Semenyo

Waconda

5 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

In which case we need to agree a new one soon - I know we can exercise the option but agreeing a two/three year deal would seem a worthwhile risk!  ??

We should also up his wages to reflect his status. Trying to keep him here on the cheap is a recipe that builds resentment. Nige has talked about trying to get some degree of the wage parity. Makes complete sense to me if you are trying to build team spirit and a cohesive squad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cardy said:

Semenyo will play for England - mark my words. Reminds of Rooney back in the day. Utter carnage every time he runs at defences.

Jeez, there’s a lot of people getting carried away here.

Some great performances and granted I have seen yesterdays game (is there any way to rewatch the whole thing?)

We do have a tendency to go OTT though - Bakinson was class after a couple of games, Bentley should have been in the England squad according to some.

Thwres a huge gap between this level and Prem, let alone England. Let’s just enjoy his performances for now and accept that at some point there’s probably going to be a dip in form too and we don’t need to over react the other way either.

Is he eligible for Ghana? That might be more likely than England tbh, but they’ve got some decent attacking players

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HappyClapper said:

We should also up his wages to reflect his status. Trying to keep him here on the cheap is a recipe that builds resentment. Nige has talked about trying to get some degree of the wage parity. Makes complete sense to me if you are trying to build team spirit and a cohesive squad.

I get encouraged by Brian Tinnion:

image.thumb.png.58ae5126d8216b85d9efeb7f1908a4d1.png

Then a bit of negativity from Ian Gay, then a reply:

image.thumb.png.2c6fd8ad4bf348954c00cd7dfb33e932.png

I sense (not ITK) that we will here of some more contract extensions over the coming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That bloody Ian Gay is a ******* dick isn`t he?

I don’t dislike Ian. He says what he thinks, even if I don’t agree he’s not scared to have an unsubtle opinion.

In this case it reads a bit Dickish but it got the response that we we would hope for. 

On 22/01/2022 at 15:17, robin_unreliant said:

How does he manage to hit the woodwork so often? Seems his shots are magnetically attracted to it. 

I think he tries to hit the corners, he also seems to aim more for the near post. It's not a bad plan from the point of view that goalkeepers tend to set themselves for shots across the body, nut it's a smaller target to aim for so that could be why he hits the woodwork so much. 

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t dislike Ian. He says what he thinks, even if I don’t agree he’s not scared to have an unsubtle opinion.

In this case it reads a bit Dickish but it got the response that we we would hope for. 

Saying what you think is one thing, passing it off as absolute fact just makes you look and sound like a total ********.......particularly when you know no more of what is going on behind the scenes than the rest of us.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

On 22/01/2022 at 14:44, sinenomine said:

I agree, but he shows some naivety in his game that needs to be eradicated or he'll never make it at this level - simple things like getting the wrong side of the attacker. 

Hopefully Pearson's influence will help like it has with some others. 

For me Vyner hits great balls straight and hard into midfield players in space. This really shifts the play and creates momentum. If he could only concentrate for the for 90+ mins he will be great

15 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think he tries to hit the corners, he also seems to aim more for the near post. It's not a bad plan from the point of view that goalkeepers tend to set themselves for shots across the body, nut it's a smaller target to aim for so that could be why he hits the woodwork so much. 

As all the commentators say, He's being denied by the woodwork, it all the woodwork fault ?

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

For me Vyner hits great balls straight and hard into midfield players in space. This really shifts the play and creates momentum. If he could only concentrate for the for 90+ mins he will be great

Careful, you realize Vyner is the route of all of our problems and is no better than a <insert dodgy league here> player. 

Massengo miss kicks a ball straight to Cardiff’s winger who chips it to their center forward and I’m listening to arse hat crap about how Vyner was at fault, because he was caught out of position, of course he was Massengo just shanked it to their bloke unmarked on the edge of our box.

However At least I’m not listening/reading the same shit about Weimann/Martin/DeSilva et al at the moment. 

Luckily Pearson doesn’t dislike Vyner and has said as much and personally I think he is a decent player, who will have a good career, and in three weeks it will all be someone  else’s fault! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

It wasn't that long ago that people were mocking the idea that Chelsea were after him a few years ago.

We've gone from a shower of **** to a bit of a 'dodgy'/questionable side with some extremely promising talent. Definitely in the right direction I might add. We're still far away from where we need to be, it will take a few years, but if we can keep hold of these players for those few years then there's no reason why we can't be right up there.

52 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Careful, you realize Vyner is the route of all of our problems and is no better than a <insert dodgy league here> player. 

Massengo miss kicks a ball straight to Cardiff’s winger who chips it to their center forward and I’m listening to arse hat crap about how Vyner was at fault, because he was caught out of position, of course he was Massengo just shanked it to their bloke unmarked on the edge of our box.

However At least I’m not listening/reading the same shit about Weimann/Martin/DeSilva et al at the moment. 

Luckily Pearson doesn’t dislike Vyner and has said as much and personally I think he is a decent player, who will have a good career, and in three weeks it will all be someone  else’s fault! 

Thankfully Nigel is much better placed to form an opinion than any of us 

• Like 1