IGNORED

Well the bottle throwing

Bristol Rob

Not justifying the bottle throwing, but why the increase in players celebrating in front of S82?

Neither Austin or Collins got a hounding prior to them giving it large in front of the home fans. 

Not a complaint, it's all banter really, (bottles and similar aside) but it seems more common? Just find it a bit weird

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Dont condone it at all, but players HAVE to start being booked when deliberately goading the oppo fans when scoring. There is celebrating in front of them, then there is the pr1ck today and against Huddersfield .  Stamp that out and the throwing will stop.

Fans spend the whole game giving it out, then throw their toys out of the pram when a player dare gives it back. Embarrassing really. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Reigate Red said:

Last week at Fulham there was someone near me who wanted me to pass him empty bottles from the floor so he could throw them at Fulham fans.

Yea, them stewards aint what they used to be!

Ban the bottle throwers for life, that'll put an end to it.   CCTV time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Not justifying the bottle throwing, but why the increase in players celebrating in front of S82?

Neither Austin or Collins got a hounding prior to them giving it large in front of the home fans. 

Not a complaint, it's all banter really, (bottles and similar aside) but it seems more common? Just find it a bit weird

Part and parcel of it. It’s the noisiest part of the ground so if you were consciously trying to wind things up you would do it? Any nause would really.

Any genuine person just celebrates the goal.

Just now, 42nite said:

Yea, them stewards aint what they used to be!

Ban the bottle throwers for life, that'll put an end to it.   CCTV time.

Don’t forget the birch!

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Fans spend the whole game giving it out, then throw their toys out of the pram when a player dare gives it back. Embarrassing really. 

Just on this point, who gave it out( genuine question)? 

My mate honestly didn’t realise Austin was playing until he tried to pick a fight.

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I am surprised he’s still persevering with that god awful hairstyle. I thought it was a novelty/joke thing at first like when Jack Hunt went peroxide blonde.

Watching his barnet today made me give thanks for the fact I'm a slaphead.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Haha 2

I'm still amazed at home many people go mental when the opposition take a corner and the ball is right on the edge of the quadrant. Some people are literally bursting a blood vessel shouting the ball is outside the quadrant. Even if the ball was 1 metre outside it literally makes no difference to what happens ?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I'm still amazed at home many people go mental when the opposition take a corner and the ball is right on the edge of the quadrant. Some people are literally bursting a blood vessel shouting the ball is outside the quadrant. Even if the ball was 1 metre outside it literally makes no difference to what happens ?

This annoys me as well - as so many fans don’t seem to understand the rule that the ball only has to be overhanging the quadrant.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I fail to see why it's so hard to not just put the ball in the quadrant and get on with it, all the nonsense about overhanging by the minimum amount. What next? Doing the same with ball on centre spot or pen spot?

You mean they don’t put the ball on the spot????

53 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I always thought that was being done in jest to see if the ref will bite