IGNORED

Alex Scott - in the middle

Dredd

We need to get someone to cover at RWB to get Alex Scott playing in the middle of the pitch. What a performance from him in there today. Composed, creative and didn’t get bullied by a couple of experienced players in the middle in Pack and Ralls. If we could have 3 years of Scott Semenyo and HNM we could build a team around them, sadly I think we will be lucky to keep them in our current financial position. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Such an intelligent player to play all the positions he has played. I really like him anywhere he plays.

Thought Dasilva was good at right wing back so maybe Pearson continues with the team that finished the game. Once we got going second half we looked brilliant.

Welcome back, you been away?

As for Scott, thought if we could have got the ball to him at RWB he had the beating of Ng, playing on his wrong side.

Moved into midfield.  Assured touch, wants the ball….but what impressed me Second half was 2 or 3 times he was tight enough to anticipate a heavy touch and pinch the ball and set us on his way.

CM is his best position.  He might not always get minutes there, he might sometimes find it hard in there, but he’s a player undoubtedly…and one with a very astute football brain, was directing Massengo around at times. Doesn’t shirk his defensive responsibilities either.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Welcome back, you been away?

As for Scott, thought if we could have got the ball to him at RWB he had the beating of Ng, playing on his wrong side.

Moved into midfield.  Assured touch, wants the ball….but what impressed me Second half was 2 or 3 times he was tight enough to anticipate a heavy touch and pinch the ball and set us on his way.

CM is his best position.  He might not always get minutes there, he might sometimes find it hard in there, but he’s a player undoubtedly…and one with a very astute football brain, was directing Massengo around at times. Doesn’t shirk his defensive responsibilities either.

As for Scott, thought if we could have got the ball to him at RWB he had the beating of Ng, playing on his wrong side. - Yes

He is excellent at RWB, number 10 or CM, has to be one of the first names on the team sheet

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Such an intelligent player to play all the positions he has played. I really like him anywhere he plays.

Thought Dasilva was good at right wing back so maybe Pearson continues with the team that finished the game. Once we got going second half we looked brilliant.

Dasilva had a good game and when he’s on form is a top left back. I really hope he can force in way back into Pearson’s plans. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dredd said:

If we could have 3 years of Scott Semenyo and HNM we could build a team around them, sadly I think we will be lucky to keep them in our current financial position. 

Agreed. Sadly 3 months is more likely! Lovely thought though + Benarous, Tanner and Atkinson improving, Conway finding his feet.... 

Scott, Antione and Han Noah are worth serious £££ and we should try and tie all 3 down. Cam Pring is really looking solid as well.

Inevitably, we will eventually lose all 3 / 4 but it must be on our terms.

Scott showed maturity beyond his years today, staying back when his natural reaction must have been to steam forward.

Bravo young man. 

• Like 3

We are now seeing what good coaching and management does..

Scott is a fantastic  talent that we can enjoy for a while and then sort our FFP issues out.

Shame really as he's the sort of player who could take us up to the next level.. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Love Cam Pring. Just a proper player with a good attitude.

Earlier I called him an “over-size” Joe Bryan…especially when he’s driving forward with the ball.  Bit of work to do on his positioning as a LCB3, but his versatility (like Scott) is a huge bonus with a small squad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Earlier I called him an “over-size” Joe Bryan…especially when he’s driving forward with the ball.  Bit of work to do on his positioning as a LCB3, but his versatility (like Scott) is a huge bonus with a small squad.

I can definitely see that! He’s a very talented lad with a lovely turn of pace in him.

I’ll touch on his attitude again though, just a lad you’d love to have in your side.

• Like 2