IGNORED

Marlon Pack

ohhhshauntaylor

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Nice touch clapping all the home end post game today- (it’s riled a few Cardiff fans on twitter). 

thought he actually was very good today, OOC in the summer, wouldn’t mind him back. 

Based on talking with him in the pre season Florida training camp, he was enjoying his time with us. Think he was very surprised at the transfer. We did get a decent fee for him so I can see why we did it. 

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I did spend the first half wishing Pack still played for us.

Interesting - the Cardiff fans on their Not606 board thought he was awful - I even chipped in with the wooden spoon calling him ‘Agent Pack’ !!!!

https://www.not606.com/threads/bristol-city-away.398406/page-3#post-15539901

• Haha 1

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him back here if his contract expires. 

He's very settled living in the area and clearly still has fond memories of his time here. 

I noticed him smiling and talking to our fans each time he was drying the ball when taking a throw in. In turn one small group of fans responded by slapping his arse when he was beginning his run up. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep. Those booing and singing “you’re a ***” at Marlon & Flint need to give their head a wobble. Embarrassing.

Imagine doing that to 2 players who both spent a minimum of 5 years at the club, were part of the double winning team and the run to the League Cup semi finals. Really poor by some of our own fans that.

That being said i'm glad we put pressure on Flint as he really isn't a Championship level defender anymore

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Imagine doing that to 2 players who both spent a minimum of 5 years at the club, were part of the double winning team and the run to the League Cup semi finals. Really poor by some of our own fans that.

That being said i'm glad we put pressure on Flint as he really isn't a Championship level defender anymore

Is it really a thing?

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep. Those booing and singing “you’re a ***” at Marlon & Flint need to give their head a wobble. Embarrassing.

I wouldn't say it's embarrassing, happens at every club when ex players return. Always going to happen at a derby game. 

It's just pantomime really, and I'm sure Pack and Flint expected it, and weren't worried about it or offended by it. 

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

Thought Pack was OK today, won a lot of second balls and often had lots of time but didn't really offer much going forward. 

In terms of the booing, I personally don't see much of an issue, somebody mentioned pantomime which I agree with. Give them a respectful clap before and after the game and during it no issue with trying to get in their heads. Definitely worked with Flinty when he shouted '**** off' to the south stand... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I wouldn't say it's embarrassing, happens at every club when ex players return. Always going to happen at a derby game. 

It's just pantomime really, and I'm sure Pack and Flint expected it, and weren't worried about it or offended by it. 

Absolutely.

I didnt join in the pack chants, quite a few didn’t.

But it really isn’t a big deal. Pack knows the score. Of course city fans like him and respect him.

1 minute ago, hinsleburg said:

Thought Pack was OK today, won a lot of second balls and often had lots of time but didn't really offer much going forward. 

In terms of the booing, I personally don't see much of an issue, somebody mentioned pantomime which I agree with. Give them a respectful clap before and after the game and during it no issue with trying to get in their heads. Definitely worked with Flinty when he shouted '**** off' to the south stand... 

His pride was just hurt. Antoine absolutely exposed him in that second half.

35 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I did spend the first half wishing Pack still played for us.

Thought Weimann played a bit too advanced in the opening 30 mins-  in between Pack and their back 3.  I’d have preferred him to be a bit more conservative, play goalside of Pack, who as you say seemed to pick up loads of loose balls unopposed.

However it was Weimann (from Scott pass) that isolated Flint for our equaliser, so yin and yang.  Second half Weimann’s energy exposed Pack big-time and he was bearing down on their back 3 (with Semenyo) countless times.

So, I think ultimately Weimann’s aggressive positioning win over.

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

How did we have Pack and Flint for all those years and never figure out that long throw?

Because LJ wouldn’t let him have any freedom.  Why Pack didn’t go up for corners (D.Rennie like) god only knows.

23 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Pack didn’t ask to leave City, he was told by LJ that City had accepted an offer from Cardiff. Basically he was unwanted so he took the obvious decision to leave. I can understand a bit if booing and banter with an ex City player, but to call him a cu*t is a disgrace. The people who sang this have had months to think about something original to sing and all they could think of was calling him a cu*t. They just gave the impression that they are a bunch of thickos. Totally embarrassing 

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

Loved Pack. Agree with others that he knows the score around pantomime booing.

Hadnt realised he was OOC at Cardiff in the summer. I’d definitely take him back in the summer to be an experienced squad player in CM. He offers more than Andy King does in that role in the squad (imo).

Also, he’s settled in the area with his family for the long term so might be interested.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I liked Pack but he wouldn’t be the answer for this squad anymore 

I'm not so sure on that. I think there are times where we still miss a midfielder who'll sit deep and hold a position. Williams and James both "can" do it but I'm not sure it's how their best utilised and I think there are times where Massengo really benefits from someone who'll sit so he can focus on getting around the pitch. 

If we had a choice between renewing King or signing Pack, I think I'd go for the latter. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Cardiff dominated the ball for the majority of the game I thought? Mainly down to Pack.

Didn't understand the booing of him, seems like a great guy especially compared to Flint

Yeah thought the same. But like City in those days we flattered to deceive…

23 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Loved Pack. Agree with others that he knows the score around pantomime booing.

Hadnt realised he was OOC at Cardiff in the summer. I’d definitely take him back in the summer to be an experienced squad player in CM. He offers more than Andy King does in that role in the squad (imo).

Also, he’s settled in the area with his family for the long term so might be interested.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not so sure on that. I think there are times where we still miss a midfielder who'll sit deep and hold a position. Williams and James both "can" do it but I'm not sure it's how their best utilised and I think there are times where Massengo really benefits from someone who'll sit so he can focus on getting around the pitch. 

If we had a choice between renewing King or signing Pack, I think I'd go for the latter. 

Only 30….(31 in March).

Is a sensible suggestion. ??????

• Like 3