IGNORED

Marlon Pack

ohhhshauntaylor

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Pack didn’t ask to leave City, he was told by LJ that City had accepted an offer from Cardiff. Basically he was unwanted so he took the obvious decision to leave. I can understand a bit if booing and banter with an ex City player, but to call him a cu*t is a disgrace. The people who sang this have had months to think about something original to sing and all they could think of was calling him a cu*t. They just gave the impression that they are a bunch of thickos. Totally embarrassing 

My older Son uses the same Turkish Barber.

Pack did not want to leave and was prepared to fight for his place. Johnson dug his heels on and told him in no certain terms did Pack have a future at the club.

He had no choice 

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I don't see how Pack fits with the dynamic way Pearson wants from him his team.

I think sone have short memories when it comes to the amount of stick he received on here when we got to Championship level.

His lack of pace and constant turning back to his defensive line was frustrating the majority of the time.

Nice guy when I have met him around Portishead and capable of the odd great pass, but we have moved on up a level with younger talent.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

Pack did not want to leave and was prepared to fight for his place. Johnson dug his heels on and told him in no certain terms did Pack have a future at the club.

He had no choice 

Oh the irony ?

Edited by adamski

17 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Nice touch clapping all the home end post game today- (it’s riled a few Cardiff fans on twitter). 

thought he actually was very good today, OOC in the summer, wouldn’t mind him back. 

Watched him closely . He was quality first half. Wiemann stopped him playing second though . 

Edited by steviestevieneville

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how Pack fits with the dynamic way Pearson wants from him his team.

I think sone have short memories when it comes to the amount of stick he received on here when we got to Championship level.

His lack of pace and constant turning back to his defensive line was frustrating the majority of the time.

Nice guy when I have met him around Portishead and capable of the odd great pass, but we have moved on up a level with younger talent.

Best way to describe Pack is he is not what we need if we want to kick on over the next 18 months - 2 years, but he is better what we have right now 

It was the right time for him to move on when he did, but we simply haven’t replaced him. Nagy was meant to be the upgrade but was an absolute disaster 

Stay up this season, and hopefully we will continue to move in the right direction

• Like 1

Wouldn't go back.

He's on a fair wedge, and more importantly He wasn't a fast player with us. Apparently for Cardiff hes slowed up even more. I'd also argue that with Nige's aim of making us a cohesive counter attacking threat, Pack slows the game down simply too much to suit the system, not does he have the mobility to sweep up second balls.

He was a good servant. But now is not the time to entertain a comeback when we're mid rebuild just because he went round and clapped our fans and is one of the Cotts title winning team.

Plenty of other midfielders who are out of contract in the summer. Rinomhota, Laurent at Reading for example, who are younger.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Wouldn't go back.

He's on a fair wedge, and more importantly He wasn't the faster with us. Apparently for Cardiff hes slowed up even more. I'd also argue that with Nige's aim of making us a cohesive counter attacking threat, Pack slows the game down simply too much to suit the system, not does he have the mobility to sweep up second balls.

He was a good servant. But now is not the time to entertain a comeback when we're mid rebuild just because he went round and clapped our fans and is one of the Cotts title winning team.

Plenty of other midfielders who are out of contract in the summer. Rinomhota, Laurent at Reading for example, who are younger.

I think it was a sensible suggestion last night, but having slept on it, I think your post is the benefit of that sleep.

Had we got him in the summer instead of King for example that would’ve been fine.  But not now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keepers Ball said:

He had no choice 

I seem to remember that he tripled his wages & that at that stage of his career, it was too big a move to turn down? That’s before you add on signing on fees. It was good money for City & a good move ( money wise ) for Pack. COYR 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think it was a sensible suggestion last night, but having slept on it, I think your post is the benefit of that sleep.

Had we got him in the summer instead of King for example that would’ve been fine.  But not now.

I agree that this isn’t “we must have Pack back” but if he were available on a free and depending on who else was available within our (not likely to be very big) budget this summer, a midfielder with 7 seasons experience at this level, who rarely seems to get injured, who also lives locally and obviously still likes the club, would at least be worth a look. I also think that his manner and professionalism would suit Pearson’s person requirements but it’s really up to Nige as to who he wants and why.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Wouldn't go back.

He's on a fair wedge, and more importantly He wasn't the faster with us. Apparently for Cardiff hes slowed up even more. I'd also argue that with Nige's aim of making us a cohesive counter attacking threat, Pack slows the game down simply too much to suit the system, not does he have the mobility to sweep up second balls.

Tbh - the thought of resigning Pack (or stopper Flint for that matter) never ever crossed my mind. Both did okay for City but they’ve moved on just as numerous other players do.

City’s regular midfielders all offer more than Pack ever did. No room for him nor BB for that matter……………..:sad26:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Tbh - the thought of resigning Pack (or stopper Flint for that matter) never ever crossed my mind. Both did okay for City but they’ve moved on just as numerous other players do.

City’s regular midfielders all offer more than Pack ever did. No room for him nor BB for that matter……………..:sad26:

Of the same mind Robbered, but others in the thread have a differing view.

Yep; didn't agree with the booing.

Both gave great service here.

I watched with interest at the end and saw Pack clap the City fans. I witnessed Pato doing the same with Swansea. I didn't see Flint doing the same though. Shame really because he should remember it was the platform here that gave him a very lucrative career that he has now.

• Like 1

Pack needs good forward runners and movement which Cardiff don't have. He would be better playing for Swansea or Huddersfield.

Have him back? Not sure about that. I think we're trying to be a bit more dynamic in midfield rather than having a "quarterback" as LJ labelled him.

What I would say is that any player who played in that double winning season deserves respect.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Swede said:

I watched with interest at the end and saw Pack clap the City fans. I witnessed Pato doing the same with Swansea. I didn't see Flint doing the same though. Shame really because he should remember it was the platform here that gave him a very lucrative career that he has now.

Flint just seems a very strange character.  I’ve seen him being the life and soul, I’ve seen him completely insular.

I said to someone yesterday, he’s had a bloody good career to get to where he has from his Alfreton days.  Us and Boro saw him at his peak.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Flint just seems a very strange character.  I’ve seen him being the life and soul, I’ve seen him completely insular.

I said to someone yesterday, he’s had a bloody good career to get to where he has from his Alfreton days.  Us and Boro saw him at his peak.

I will always respect Flint as a player.  He put his body on the line for us during his time here.  After a dodgy start he became such an important player in both boxes.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Swede said:

It's a job to these players. Flint is from up North somewhere, why would he give a shit about you or I? Some players love the interaction with fans, others do it because they have to to stay onside and a small number couldn't give a toss what the fans think of them as long as their £35K gets paid into their account at the end of the month.........no different a cross section of people than any other job.

• Like 1

I know the booing is pantomime but I always fear it can spur a player on and then dramatically backfire. 

Probably because I, like others, remember Stan Collymore playing for Forest against us. After one too many choruses of ‘What a waste of money’ he got so angry he was sticking the v’s up to the fans and scored a Hat-trick in a few minutes to bury us and silence the fans.

And yes, there were Rovers fans in the away end that day too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I know the booing is pantomime but I always fear it can spur a player on and then dramatically backfire. 

Probably because I, like others, remember Stan Collymore playing for Forest against us. After one too many choruses of ‘What a waste of money’ he got so angry he was sticking the v’s up to the fans and scored a Hat-trick in a few minutes to bury us and silence the fans.

And yes, there were Rovers fans in the away end that day too. 

Just like singing  1-0 and you ****** it up, I could never bring myself to do it. ?

It’s just football, ultimately, it doesn’t matter if people boo.