IGNORED

Marlon Pack

ohhhshauntaylor

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him back here if his contract expires. 

He's very settled living in the area and clearly still has fond memories of his time here. 

I noticed him smiling and talking to our fans each time he was drying the ball when taking a throw in. In turn one small group of fans responded by slapping his arse when he was beginning his run up. 

We should provide wet towels for away teams and keep the dry ones out of reach.

40 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Cardiff dominated the ball for the majority of the game I thought? Mainly down to Pack.

Didn't understand the booing of him, seems like a great guy especially compared to Flint

Dominated the ball for the majority? they had a good start to both halves, but if you think they dominated the majority we must have watched the same game from a parallel universe.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not so sure on that. I think there are times where we still miss a midfielder who'll sit deep and hold a position. Williams and James both "can" do it but I'm not sure it's how their best utilised and I think there are times where Massengo really benefits from someone who'll sit so he can focus on getting around the pitch. 

If we had a choice between renewing King or signing Pack, I think I'd go for the latter. 

Yep very fair points LB - i liked Pack, still goes down as one of the most baffling decisions to sell him when we did for me. 

7 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Same people who will moan about a flat atmosphere or say Ashton Gate isn’t a fortress

I’d say Ashton Gate is a fortress. Two games unbeaten is amazing. We’re on our way onwards and upwards 

I thought he struggled to influence the game against the immaculate Alex Scott & the energetic HNM.

I struggle to see how anyone could boo or abuse ex players like Pack or Flint, especially given their contributions to the club.  I wished them well when they left and nothing has changed, just thankful both were on the losing side today.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep. Those booing and singing “you’re a ***” at Marlon & Flint need to give their head a wobble. Embarrassing.

Embarrassing for sure.

Still at least it gave the knuckle draggers  something else to sing other than that god awful O’Dowda one they haven’t quite managed to evolve ?

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Yep. Those booing and singing “you’re a ***” at Marlon & Flint need to give their head a wobble. Embarrassing.

Yet Albert Adomah gets a round of applause….

nothing at all against AA, but our “double winners” all deserve a clap every time they return, no matter who they’re playing for IMO- especially when like Pack, he didn’t ever ask to leave, and hasn’t bad mouthed us etc since.

• Like 5

There are definitely a few on here with short memories when it comes to Pack. Our midfield struggled from the time he was sold and even this season, I can see how a player like Pack who is willing to cover as a defensive midfielder and bring the ball out from the back would suit how Pearson wants to play.

Given that our current more experienced midfielders (James, King, Williams) all seem particularly injury prone, bringing back Pack when he is out of contract this summer would not be the worst idea ever. And I absolutely think he would meet Nige’s requirements in terms of effort and professionalism. Plus for family reasons, still living locally, it would certainly suit Marlon.

Finally it’s clear that he still has fond memories of his time with us. Anybody else spot that he gave our fans a long clap to the Dolman, South and Lansdown stands, before he gave a much shorter one to the Atyeo , by which time most of them had already left? Says it all really!

• Like 5
  • Robin 2

Didn't see any value whatsoever is booing Pack or Flint, both were great for us, moved on for fees and both have hopefully earned enough to have some choices once their playing days come to an end.

Also, we had their best years. I'm sure they have nothing done well since leaving us, but I don't imagine either of them are still developing as players. 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Would rather Korey. And that's if we even need a centre mid. Not sure we will need one.

Scott and Massengo will only get better. How good did Scott look in that deeper role today!

Williams staying fit for the rest of the season could be key there in whether we need a centre mid in the summer. Needs some months of game time, regularly completing 90 minutes for Pearson to be condfident in him going into next season.

Wouldn't be surprised if King is let go in the summer, and Bakinson looks almost certain to be gone permanently or back out on loan if we can't sell him.

Probably on my own here but I have always thought Vyner does a reliable job in midfield as back up.

I don't think Pack improves our best 11. I think Matty James is better and I expect Nige agrees with that. Williams is probably our best midfielder imo if only he can stay fit. Big if.

Those 2 young ones that ended up alongside each other today were seriously impressive.

Who knows maybe even Dylan Kadji is brought into the first team squad training next season and is an option as back up.

Pack has started 23 Championship games this season, Korey Smith 13.

Williams, King & James have all had injury issues, Korey has had plenty, too.

If we were bringing in either this summer I’d definitely prefer it to be Pack.

Kadji has been on the bench at Bath, can’t see him being remotely in the frame.

• Like 5

Thought Pack looked good - their best player. Looked leaner and trimmer to me than when he was at AG. 

A friend of mine worked at Airhop and used to chat to him when he took his kids. Said he was a very nice bloke. 

Would have him back on a free. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beni71 said:

Great to see MP clapping the crowd at the end.

I live pretty close to MP and he is a  genuine nice guy. My son broke his leg in the first lockdown and within 24 hours MP has used his contacts at Bristol City to produce get well clips from all the city 1st team. My son was over the moon with it and something he’ll always cherish.  He didn’t need to do this but did as he’s one of the good guys in the game.

We could do a lot worse by bringing him back as some form of coach in the youth set up in the future. 

I’d be amazed if he doesn’t have a very successful coaching career, starting off at city. As someone involved with North Somerset RTC, Marlon coaches some of our u13/14s groups over the summer and he’s a great coach. Absolutely destined to have a very long career in the game after retiring from playing

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 8