IGNORED

Marlon Pack

ohhhshauntaylor

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

During the game all bets are off IMO - with exceptions though. Wilbs and Benik being two cases in point. Both of those reactions showed how classy City fans can be and made me proud.

Loved it when Wilbs came on as a sub for Bolton at the gate and got booked and the home fans booed the ref

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Loved it when Wilbs came on as a sub for Bolton at the gate and got booked and the home fans booed the ref

That was a real `had to be there` night, The story goes that one of his teammates said to him `**** me Alby, did you win the World Cup with Bristol or something?`

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

Flint was an icon here and had cult status, much more than any other player in that double winning squad. When he came back the first time with Boro I think he underestimated the impact he had on all of us as a player. I didn't think he handled it that well then and he certainly didn't yesterday. He won trophies with us and scored at Wembley. 

He should have stood on the half way line and clapped the same way as Marlon did.

Respect works both ways. Afobe and Wilbs he isn't which is such a shame considering all of the wonderful memories he gave us as fans.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, pillred said:

Dominated the ball for the majority? they had a good start to both halves, but if you think they dominated the majority we must have watched the same game from a parallel universe.

They had 52% of possession and 58% of the territory.

They dominated the ball for the majority

Something entirely different to dominating the game

6 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I agree that this isn’t “we must have Pack back” but if he were available on a free and depending on who else was available within our (not likely to be very big) budget this summer, a midfielder with 7 seasons experience at this level, who rarely seems to get injured, who also lives locally and obviously still likes the club, would at least be worth a look. I also think that his manner and professionalism would suit Pearson’s person requirements but it’s really up to Nige as to who he wants and why.

It reminds me of the re-sign Cole Skuse campaign on here when he was at Ipswich. 

• Robin 1

57 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

They had 52% of possession and 58% of the territory.

They dominated the ball for the majority

Something entirely different to dominating the game

Again an example of cold hard  statistics meaning  nothing. I think 3-2 flattered them, it's a shame we conceded that late goal as I though 3-1 was probably a more accurate reflection of the game as a whole.

• Like 1

My point on his being OOC in the summer was more to highlight the potential. 
we have no real £££. Chances are King, Bakinson, Morton all depart. I don’t think Pack is the man for the future, but on a free, with great experience, a good injury record (even working with Andy Rolls) and being local- we could do a lot worse than having him as back up to James. 

17 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Perhaps you’d like to ask Pep Guardiola what he thought of Marlon when he played for us

Probably never heard of him before the cup games and hasn't given him a second thought since.

The best managers get things wrong

"It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so,"

Sir Alex said that when he retired from man utd manager...... How's that gone?