IGNORED

Louis Britton

GrahamC

Lack of communication from the club on this lad is very poor, assuming that's a trial. what a waste of a young hungry player, they might seem to be for us now in the likes of Bell, Conway, Benarous and Scott but talented young lads don't grow on trees. good luck to the lad if he goes to Derry, reckon he'll have a solid career

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As a Trialist not right to do official comms.

Nige said awhile back that Britton doesn’t have the physically as yet to push for a first team place and that he lacks enough games playing competitive mens matches.

Since then things have obviously changed if Britton is trialling in Ireland. Maybe he’s been released?……….:dunno:

37 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

But West Brom want him?! No matter how many times his agent feeds stories about West Brom, Wolves or whoever, it doesn’t make it true 

They’re true to the extent he’d go in and play 23’s allowing a better prospect to go out on loan. If the gamble paid off and some EFL club then wanted to pay a fee for him then great. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Nige said awhile back that Britton doesn’t have the physically as yet to push for a first team place and that he lacks enough games playing competitive mens matches.

Since then things have obviously changed if Britton is trialling in Ireland. Maybe he’s been released?……….:dunno:

Fitness was what he said, no question about his physicality.  Nige also said that he can make an impact too.  Despite getting himself fit / fitter, I’d say he’s not looked as good for the u23s this season as last season.  I’m sure @Lrrr might suggest we aren’t playing quite the same system as last season, where we often played Bell and Conway either side of him.

37 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Could be a trial for a loan?

Yep, exactly could be that.  The Irish league starts soon, today was a friendly.  Not sure if they’re qualified for Europe again, like last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

All I know is last season he battered two Brentford defenders and scored a goal ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Fitness was what he said, no question about his physicality.  Nige also said that he can make an impact too.  Despite getting himself fit / fitter, I’d say he’s not looked as good for the u23s this season as last season.  I’m sure @Lrrr might suggest we aren’t playing quite the same system as last season, where we often played Bell and Conway either side of him 

Edwards/Janneh more so for second half the season when he was back. Conway/Bell was more paired upfront with 2 up top 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Strange if he has been released mid way through the season?

I think we probably have to say that Louis has missed the bus in terms of making it at City. He undoubtedly seems to have the knack of scoring goals, but if there was ever a season to break through it was this one - we’re operating with a small squad, a manager who’s giving young players minutes and he was the like for like replacement for someone who desperately needed resting in CM. Add into that I think it’s now three loans at Conference level without pulling up trees, and I think it looks the right decision to part ways.

A comment that I haven’t seen referenced much from Niges presser was his statement to the effect of that if you’re not in and around at 19, you rarely will be in and around (yes there are Vardy and Reid type exceptions) and this seems to fall into that category.

What I think we have to realise is that now the academy is producing, players that may have made it here or at least been given a crack won’t come through - I’m thinking players like Harper here - and the 19 year olds will have 18/17 year olds snapping at their heels.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

He was put on a training routine to improve his fitness. If you've seen him, you'll know his physicality is ok.
He has been playing for the U23's, but he probably needs a loan and a step up in standard , playing in mens football to improve properly.
I think he's under contract until June, important period for him. Personally, I'm not sure, more excited with Conway. I hope Britton can get a run of games somewhere and prove me wrong. Not all about goals, though he seems to have that bit covered, be good to keep an eye on this move.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How come he’s on trial at another club then?

Yeah i am in agreement it is looking likely he has been released. Just seems very odd to release a player who had a certain amount of hype about him (scored on his pro debut local lad etc) mid way their the season with no announcement. 

41 minutes ago, bris red said:

Strange if he has been released mid way through the season?

The ROI league is a summer one so maybe that had a bearing on timing? Not that we know if he has been released or not but it would makes sense from Derry`s point of view to get him in for pre-season and have a proper look if they`re genuinely interested.

• Like 2

Come on, he's under contract until 31/7/2022. He can't be released unless he's asked for a contract cancellation, which seems unlikely given that he only on trial at Derry. If Derry want him then the city contract might be cancelled early by mutual consent, or he might be loaned til the end of his city contract if his city wages are higher than the derry offer.

2 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

He didn't get another chance to prove himself obviously his face didn't fit west Brom and wolves watching him.

All this interest But he’s ended up on trial at Derry, after what seems like multiple failed loans to the conference/ conference south?

To be clear, I have nothing against the kid and hope he makes a very good career for himself, but this obsession that it’s a travesty he’s not getting a new contract is all a bit weird! 

13 minutes ago, super slick said:

All this interest But he’s ended up on trial at Derry, after what seems like multiple failed loans to the conference/ conference south?

To be clear, I have nothing against the kid and hope he makes a very good career for himself, but this obsession that it’s a travesty he’s not getting a new contract is all a bit weird! 

It's simple.

He's well known by a lot of people who think he should be given a pro contract but aren't really qualified to make that decision.  I trust the people we have in charge now to get that decision right. 

• Like 3