IGNORED

Cardiff's chavs kick off

sh1t_ref_again

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I agree. The ref actually picked up the objects thrown and took them to the 4th official (?) too. No doubt photo evidence will be included in his report. This is the second time in only a couple of weeks, so yes I think we will be heavily fined or whatever else they can punish us with.

Flint handed something to ref when trotting back . 

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Men entering the women’s lavatories should increase the punishments for the perpetrators (assuming it was men who carried out the wanton destruction in there too - and I use the term “men” extremely loosely; more like idiotic little boys).

I maintain that if you invite someone to your gaff and they destroy the place you don’t ask them back. Not sure hiw it would fly legally, but BCFC should seriously look at massively reducing CCFC’s allocation for future matches. 

i wouldnt reduce capacity,id increase it and lock the toilets letting them have 2 portaloos to share between 4,000

On 23/01/2022 at 20:11, !james said:

Vile vile creatures. I’ve said it already and i’ll say it again considering some of the mobs Cardiff have brought in years gone by Saturday’s showing was absolutely pathetic from them. 

Edited by bris red
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Then jusy ban all fans from football matches then

Wouldn't be surprised if more restrictions are put on clubs/fans based on historical behaviour.

With covid still causing work absences and clubs being low on cash, I guess there needs to be a balance of revenue coming in to policing bills (no idea if the cost is on a match by match basis, by season or just fixed).

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/supporter-appeal-end-anti-social-behaviour

We are currently in the process of working with South Wales Police and Avon & Somerset Police to hold the persons who caused the damage at Ashton Gate accountable for their reprehensible actions. Avon & Somerset Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward, HERE. Should you have information on those who caused the criminal damage, please call the Police on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5222018809.

Three persons have been issued club bans for their behaviour within the stadium bowl at Ashton Gate and we await further information and guidance from the Police with a view to taking further action if and where appropriate.

Cardiff City Directors present on the day have apologised to Bristol City Football Club for the damage and have offered to pay for repairs to toilet blocks within the away end. By consequence of this significant outlay, it has been determined in consultation with Cardiff City Supporter Bodies that an additional £1 will be added to the booking fee of each away ticket sold for all away adult and young adult tickets (excluding OAP or juvenile tickets). This comes into effect for all away matches beginning with our trip to Millwall on February 12th.

Added an extra £1 to all away tickets to pay for the damage.... not gone down well on their forums! 

6 minutes ago, !james said:

Added an extra £1 to all away tickets to pay for the damage.... not gone down well on their forums! 

That's an interesting way to deal with it. I kind of think fair play to them. Why should the owners or club have to pay to cover the damage caused by a minority of dick heads (every clubs got them).

Might also deter others in future if they think the club will increase costs on the fans to cover damage. Perhaps it will also encourage those who are impacted but weren't involved to call them out. 

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, !james said:

What's their average away following? 800 - 1,000ish? They have 8 away games after Millwall (inclusive), so what are they looking at...maybe an extra £8,000 - £10,000 raised. 

Seems like an attempt at collective punishment, but an extra £1 (a 4% increase on a £25 ticket) doesn't feel like enough of a punishment to get the well behaved fans to police the idiots, nor is it enough to deter the idiots from buying a ticket, nor is it enough to really raise enough cash to cover all of the repairs. Seems like they wanted to go all in on a collective punishment scheme, but have then bottled really imposing a proper amount that would actually have an impact.

I guess the principle is sound, but implementation seems weak.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Surely they should just get those arrested to pay the damages? 
I’d certainly not be happy as a supporter if the situation was reversed. 
You’ve arrested the people who did it. Get them to pay the bloody money. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

I mean the principle isn't a bad one - making fans almost police amongst themselves but its harsh for probably the core 500-100 that go to most away games when probably caused by idiots who only go to Swansea & Us away each year..

That was my first thought, imagine being part of the 500-1000 but missed out of a ticket to see us but intended on going to the rest of the games, that's £8 extra because some idiots did something at a game you weren't even at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Did they identify and arrest them? Sorry I lost what was going on a few pages ago and just trying to catch up.

23 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

That's an interesting way to deal with it. I kind of think fair play to them. Why should the owners or club have to pay to cover the damage caused by a minority of dick heads (every clubs got them).

Might also deter others in future if they think the club will increase costs on the fans to cover damage. Perhaps it will also encourage those who are impacted but weren't involved to call them out. 

Or you could say why should the decent fan who doesn't cause trouble get punished?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

100% agree and if they did this in full within a very short timescale that meant City were covered quickly and repairs completed it would probably have a more impacting effect and make people think twice. 

Unfortunately I wonder if there are so many legal loop holes that people can get out of paying the full amount or repay such small amounts over such a long period that it doesn't actually deter them from doing it again. Meanwhile City end up having to fork out to repair the damage in the short term and probably never see the full amount again.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Though the mention of three arrests mention within the stadium and not mentioned as being part of any criminal damage, very feasible they were nothing to do with the vandalism either

2 hours ago, Super said:

Or you could say why should the decent fan who doesn't cause trouble get punished?

Indeed. Let's suppose that City got fined for the recent bottle throwing incidents. Imagine the reaction if the club decided to pass the cost on to Section 82, or whichever block the bottles came from. 

Cardiff need to find those responsible and punish accordingly, not victimise the vast majority of decent folk.

Edited by Calculus
  • Flames 1

One solution might be to post the amount of the repair estimate/invoice, say £25K?, stating that the additional £1 ticket levy will be maintained until such time as this sum is attained, perhaps showing a regular running total.

To this statement, however, would be added the fact that the identity of any culprits identified would be divulged to the Police and that the club would support and actively encourage any consequent prosecution, seeking compensation from any 'fans' convicted.

Fans would also be advised that, once the full target is achieved, the levy would cease and, of course, any assistance from true fans in identifying the culprits would be appreciated as, of course, this would both shorten the length of the levy and reduce their overall additional outlay. 

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

One solution might be to post the amount of the repair estimate/invoice, say £25K?, stating that the additional £1 ticket levy will be maintained until such time as this sum is attained, perhaps showing a regular running total.

To this statement, however, would be added the fact that the identity of any culprits identified would be divulged to the Police and that the club would support and actively encourage any consequent prosecution, seeking compensation from any 'fans' convicted.

Fans would also be advised that, once the full target is achieved, the levy would cease and, of course, any assistance from true fans in identifying the culprits would be appreciated as, of course, this would both shorten the length of the levy and reduce their overall additional outlay. 

I’d go further. 

The sum collected donated to local charities if culprits are found and if the Courts ensure that the culprits pay the full amount for damaged caused.

Incentive for the culprits to be identified, for the Courts to impose proper penalties and a massive disincentive for chavs to smash other people’s property up in the first place and for people to obtain match tickets for the chavs.

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

I’d be fuming if I was a Cardiff fan, but thankfully I’m not so I just think it’s funny.

Sorry, I don’t agree. As collective football fans we can unite on some issues and this is one of them.

It’s simply not right that a club that pays average footballers thousands of pounds every week then charges all fans extra money, to cover the idiotic actions of a tiny minority, to go and watch them. I get it’s supposed to be a deterrent, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. The club should be paying it from their own pocket and doing everything they can to ensure the perpetrators are caught, punished and not allowed to return.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, !james said:

Don't smash up our bogs then, simples!

I know we haven't been angels over the years but I think it's quite a good idea.

Strange how loads of fans reach for the mobiles when there's a fight / dance yet they don't film criminal damage? I don't think so. Send the video clips to Cardiff City and they can identify the coked up little chavs.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. As collective football fans we can unite on some issues and this is one of them.

It’s simply not right that a club that pays average footballers thousands of pounds every week then charges all fans extra money, to cover the idiotic actions of a tiny minority, to go and watch them. I get it’s supposed to be a deterrent, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. The club should be paying it from their own pocket and doing everything they can to ensure the perpetrators are caught, punished and not allowed to return.

How do you define club is that the owner to you?

How do you think the club would pay for it? When you say "from their own pockets" I think that is the fans.

Not that I agree with the way they have done it but I don't understand what other revenue stream you think the club has and controls to cover the costs?