IGNORED

Cardiff's chavs kick off

sh1t_ref_again

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

See my edit above Super.

Cardiff City fans did the damage, if they can't be identified, this is fair.

It's only £1 too, hardly a Kings ransom.

Considering how much it already is to follow your team these days people might fund even an extra pound a struggle.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

How do you define club is that the owner to you?

How do you think the club would pay for it? When you say "from their own pockets" I think that is the fans.

Not that I agree with the way they have done it but I don't understand what other revenue stream you think the club has and controls to cover the costs?

You think every time the club encounters a one-off unexpected cost they put the ticket price up?

Double whammy for the majority of the traveling fans then, as some utterly brainless idiots smash the toilets so they can't have a pee, and then they get charged for the privilege.

I know it was ST only but my guess is that most of them aren't regulars at away games, if at all. Not sure the collective punishment will even affect them, and any subsequent restrictions next year won't either.

17 hours ago, !james said:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/supporter-appeal-end-anti-social-behaviour

Added an extra £1 to all away tickets to pay for the damage.... not gone down well on their forums! 

Are they allowed to do that? I haven’t read the detail.  Know clubs can charge a handling fee (as we do) but that’s for a specific purpose and I’d assume there’s some kind of limit on that.

If Cardiff already charge that then hard to see how they can charge even more without getting into the realms of re-selling tickets above face value - which in the case of football tickets is an offence. 

16 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. As collective football fans we can unite on some issues and this is one of them.

It’s simply not right that a club that pays average footballers thousands of pounds every week then charges all fans extra money, to cover the idiotic actions of a tiny minority, to go and watch them. I get it’s supposed to be a deterrent, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. The club should be paying it from their own pocket and doing everything they can to ensure the perpetrators are caught, punished and not allowed to return.

You mean like they paid Nantes for Sala after he was announced as a cardiff player despite him dieing in a plane crash shortly afterwards?

If they can get out of paying for anything directly, and I do mean anything, then they will. 

It's not fair on the honest and decent supporters no, but if it were honest and decent supporters that sold on their tickets to these prats, then they need to have a good hard look at themselves.

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. As collective football fans we can unite on some issues and this is one of them.

It’s simply not right that a club that pays average footballers thousands of pounds every week then charges all fans extra money, to cover the idiotic actions of a tiny minority, to go and watch them. I get it’s supposed to be a deterrent, but it just doesn’t sit right with me. The club should be paying it from their own pocket and doing everything they can to ensure the perpetrators are caught, punished and not allowed to return.

All jokes aside, I agree with this.

the idea of then “self policing” of the ********* by the innocent fans is laughable, a point well made on their board:

If a fan confronted these morons and was attacked, leaving them potentially needing hospital treatment and taking time off work to recover, I doubt the club would stick a pound on the ticket price to cover their loss of earnings, or to pay privately for any treatment. They'd soon distance themselves from it.”

If I was a regular away fan, I’d attend the remaining away games up until the point they’re safe from relegation then wouldn’t attend another game this season.

• Like 1