IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

GrahamC

25 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Pearson said he's attitude has been great in training, fair play to him for forcing his way back in.

I like this as it proves NP doesn’t hold a grudge. If you do it in training, you’re back in the fold. If you don’t, like a few we all know about, you’re out. 

• Like 8

To be fair, Pearson could've moved the players around to put him on the left, but I think there was good reason not to.

Dasilva won't offer anything near the same on the right, but I think Pearson put him there to test his application and attitude more than anything else. And he was excellent in doing what was required.

As mentioned, Pearson clearly appreciated his contribution which was great to see.

This manager is getting his message accross to the squad. His interviews are consistent in what he requires.

You can be a Bakinson or a Dasilva ?⚪

• Like 1

Fair play to him. He looked lethargic and tentative when he was dropped. Much much better today and looks a bit more confident. Not sure he is the answer for rwb but if he can cover it and allow Scott to play centrally at times then it helps. Good to see him back closer to the levels he has shown before

1 hour ago, swanker said:

One of my favourite players, great to have him back in the team playing well. 

Mine too, and so disappointing to see him drop below the levels he can perform at….for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

He's got a Dayrider.

Think you’ll find he conned the driver and got a “half return” ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He's a quality player imo, and technically excellent with his close control and the ball at his feet. I wonder if it's taken him a little longer to adapt to Pearson's approach?

Easy to forget he's only 23 as well as he's had a few seasons of Championship football - younger than Pring, Vyner, and Cundy I think. Experienced... but also not at the same time.

I reckon he was the youngest of the back 5 when on the pitch today for example.

Really pleased to see him back, and hope he can kick on now.

It was great to see Pearson really publicly bigging up how well he was doing today, he lept out the technical area to pat Jay on the back as he ran past at one point which was great. Helps show how much bollocks some people talk about his player management.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I like Pring in his new position and the potential Jay has is immense, played in every England age groups from the under 15s to 21s, not massive on COD, much rather Jay, just need a bit more consistency from him

To be fair to COD I think he's done pretty good recently, has sparked up a good partnership with Pring and although still struggles with his delivery, he won a lot of headers today and put himself about a bit.

He's obviously not going to be a player to take us further, but for the amount of stick he gets, he's doing alright.

• Like 6

One of the technically best players we have.

I really do hope he kicks on and goes back to the standard he has shown in the past.

I still think he's better going forward than he is defensively, but hopefully he can still improve that side too.

Thankfully outside distraction has moved on imo 

Fingers crossed he'll now kick on and prove his worth. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spudski said:

One of the technically best players we have.

I really do hope he kicks on and goes back to the standard he has shown in the past.

I still think he's better going forward than he is defensively, but hopefully he can still improve that side too.

Thankfully outside distraction has moved on imo 

Fingers crossed he'll now kick on and prove his worth. 

Thought today was the opposite.