IGNORED

Jay Dasilva

GrahamC

14 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

To be fair, Pearson could've moved the players around to put him on the left, but I think there was good reason not to.

Dasilva won't offer anything near the same on the right, but I think Pearson put him there to test his application and attitude more than anything else. And he was excellent in doing what was required.

As mentioned, Pearson clearly appreciated his contribution which was great to see.

This manager is getting his message accross to the squad. His interviews are consistent in what he requires.

You can be a Bakinson or a Dasilva ?⚪

Dasilva offers technical ability and control, he picks passes and looks to play to feet and actually play football as it should be played whether it’s left or right side. His energy and pace yesterday were very much like the Dasilva we know and like 

Think it shows the progression overall being made under NP, we look fitter more combative and switched on than an any other time in the last 3 years. If we can ship Palmer and Wells out in this window and finish the season strongly ill be quite optimistic for next season especially if we can nail HNM to a new contract and keep Williams fit.

11 hours ago, Malago said:

As aside, have there been any updates on young George Tanner.  Is he back on the grass?  (Always imagine a player enjoying a spliff when I read that phrase)

My first thought was something different! I was thinking that he was a cow and subsequent puns!

13 hours ago, grifty said:

To be fair to COD I think he's done pretty good recently, has sparked up a good partnership with Pring and although still struggles with his delivery, he won a lot of headers today and put himself about a bit.

He's obviously not going to be a player to take us further, but for the amount of stick he gets, he's doing alright.

I still think COD flatters to deceive a bit. Again yesterday he got himself into good positions but the delivery was either poor, or he cut back on himself; rather than driving forward; and taking on the set of poor cardiff defenders.

I think Semenyeo got more assists in one match than COD had got all season? Says it all really.

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really pleased for him today, came on at a tough time & asked to play out of position but stuck to his task & got a high five from Nige late on when he blocked a through ball.

Clearly not his position but should be pleased with his efforts.

I agree with you @GrahamC over his application, and his workrate; but he's definitely not a right sided defender is he?

Hates using his right foot, and mishit it a number of times. Similarly ran alongside the attacker a number of times, where it was evident he didn't want to put his right foot in.

As you quite rightly point out though. Didn't stop working, and what over options do we have in that position? We'd need to take Scott out ofnthe centre, where he is far more effective. 

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I still think COD flatters to deceive a bit. Again yesterday he got himself into good positions but the delivery was either poor, or he cut back on himself; rather than driving forward; and taking on the set of poor cardiff defenders.

I think Semenyeo got more assists in one match than COD had got all season? Says it all really.

He was a bit wasteful going forward but he was very good defensively - stopped a lot of crosses coming in which negates most of Cardiff`s threat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Wait so we all like Dasilva again now? Think I just got whiplash from reading this thread compared to a couple of weeks ago ?

I suppose it's a case of "You're only as good as your last performance".

When anyone plays crap they get called out. When they play well they get heaps of praise.  Seems fair enough to me.

Solution is to play well every game,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I agree with you @GrahamC over his application, and his workrate; but he's definitely not a right sided defender is he?

Hates using his right foot, and mishit it a number of times. Similarly ran alongside the attacker a number of times, where it was evident he didn't want to put his right foot in.

As you quite rightly point out though. Didn't stop working, and what over options do we have in that position? We'd need to take Scott out ofnthe centre, where he is far more effective. 

No, he’s not.

But with Tanner injured & Simpson seemingly impersonating Lord Lucan the only other option (bar Scott, who is needed in midfield anyway now) is to play Vyner there, go to a back four & play Pring alongside Kalas with Jay back in his natural position.

We are transparently a right sided defender short & with seemingly no prospect of Moore being recalled, have to bring one in over the next 8 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

No, he’s not.

But with Tanner injured & Simpson seemingly impersonating Lord Lucan the only other option (bar Scott, who is needed in midfield anyway now) is to play Vyner there, go to a back four & play Pring alongside Kalas with Jay back in his natural position.

We are transparently a right sided defender short & with seemingly no prospect of Moore being recalled, have to bring one in over the next 8 days.

We must be trying to sort out some parting of the ways with Simpson?

Hopefully with that and Bakinson, Jannah, and Pearson possibly 8-10k off the wage bill, and a new defender or two. 

Not sure of the concept on a 2 year contract for klose (source Gregor). I wouldn't be looking for anything more than end of the season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Hopefully with that and Bakinson, Jannah, and Pearson possibly 8-10k off the wage bill, and a new defender or two. 

Not sure of the concept on a 2 year contract for klose (source Gregor). I wouldn't be looking for anything more than end of the season.

I know the source of Gregor’s on this occasion.  It won’t be two years…quite simply because all contracts end in June, so it will be 6 months, 18 months, 2 1/2 years, etc.  I could see 6+12 if the trial goes well.  You have to give the guy some incentive to up sticks.

Think you’re right re Simpson.  Sometimes you have to take a gamble, and although I thought he was perfectly adequate earlier this season, I wonder if time has caught up with him.  Been in the squad til December, but not since.  We brought forward Tanner’s recruitment (Shane he’s injured).  I’m confident we didn’t blow a lot of wages on him, and although he was re-signed to play, he seems to have been a good influence around the training ground and the bench during games.  This wasn’t a £1m+ punt…an educated gamble, that Nige hoped would buy him some time.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Guess so, the final straw for me was the Fulham cup game, we had 9 subs, several were unavailable or rested & he still doesn’t even make the bench then. Doesn’t seem to be in the training videos, either?

Taylor Moore & Owura Edwards are out on loan. too..

I don’t think Gregor knows anything, so this is just a guess (from someone who seriously suggested Dwight Gayle!), a deal until the summer with a clause of another year if he plays a % of games (or is on the bench) seems far more likely.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t think he ever got off. He’s definitely struggled for form since his injury , which to be fair to him was a nasty one. Played well yesterday . 

I agree.

To me the "on the bus" comment was about attitude, not ability - so players like Moore who aren't good enough, Dasilva who may have been the wrong type of player or recovering from injury as you said, Atkinson who's form has dipped (and already perhaps played more than expected). They were never not "on the bus", and they're not constantly getting on and off it... I think it was referring to Palmer / Bakinson and co.

It wasn't as simple as just not picked = not on the bus.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 4

Just now, IAmNick said:

I agree.

To me the "on the bus" comment was about attitude, not ability - so players like Moore who aren't good enough, Dasilva who may have been the wrong type of player or recovering from injury as you said, Atkinson who's form has dipped (and already perhaps played more than expected). They were never not "on the bus", and they're not constantly getting on and off it... I think it was referring to Palmer / Bakinson and co.

It wasn't as simple as just not picked = not on the bus.

You’re right it wasn’t as simple as that. His form was pretty poor earlier this season . I could never see him being a difficult player attitude wise . Hopefully he’s starting to get back into form. Technically one of our best players. I do think his times limited with us though . Don’t think he has the physical side of the game nige wants. Hope I’m wrong though. 

• Like 1