IGNORED

After The Match Policing Today

Cardy

Utter shambles after the game today. It was almost as if they wanted the two sets of fans to meet face to face for a ruck. I have never seen anything like it. Whoever was leading that operation this afternoon is in the wrong job.

Why is it that they don’t just keep the Away fans in the ground for 15 mins at the end like they used to?? Not exactly rocket science is it - although a sensible decision like that probably means less overtime.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

It’s against human rights apparently 

Surely common sense needs to prevail in situations like this, when safety is concerned. It’s ok to shut roads and keep drivers stranded for hours in their cars for safety reasons, surely holding people back in a secure environment with facilities is less against human rights than a shunt on the M4.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Utter shambles after the game today. It was almost as if they wanted the two sets of fans to meet face to face for a ruck. I have never seen anything like it. Whoever was leading that operation this afternoon is in the wrong job.

Why is it that they don’t just keep the Away fans in the ground for 15 mins at the end like they used to?? Not exactly rocket science is it - although a sensible decision like that probably means less overtime.

Don't understand why Cardiff didn't peg it off to meet The Gas at Temple Meads 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, they kept us in for 20 minutes over at their place earlier this season. 
Can I report them for impinging on my human rights? 

I reckon so, I once contacted Birmingham City when we were kept inside for an hour and a half after the end of the game - I got a handwritten reply from Karren Brady - to be fair her response was courteous, concerned and professional - had lots of time for herself and her club after that ... ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cardy said:

That would make sense. Didn’t get the plan at all today. Blocking off Ashton road seemed an odd move but assumed there was some logic in it but clearly it didn’t work. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Well, they kept us in for 20 minutes over at their place earlier this season. 
Can I report them for impinging on my human rights? 

TBF to Heddlu I thought their operation plan to keep fans apart after the game at their place was excellent. Would have kicked off big time otherwise.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Redinthehead said:

That would make sense. Didn’t get the plan at all today. Blocking off Ashton road seemed an odd move but assumed there was some logic in it but clearly it didn’t work. 

Yeah, blocking off Ashton Rd post match was unnecessary. One WPC told me that I’d have walk through the park to get back to the car “because there was trouble before the game”…………..what a load of bollocks . 

Others were complaining as well and when she got distracted I just walked through.

In all the years that I’ve been going to AG I’ve never seen Ashton Rd blocked off before.

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Was amazed pre game to see that so many of the police on duty around the ground were Welsh, wearing jackets with Heddlu on, WTF was that all about?

Bet when we were over there none of them were Avon & Somerset.

Protest in the City Centre yesterday probably meant a lot of police had to stay there. 

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Was amazed pre game to see that so many of the police on duty around the ground were Welsh, wearing jackets with Heddlu on, WTF was that all about?

I have a mate, Fellow red, who lives in Cardiff and came across on train yesterday. He said that there was a large  Heddlu presence at Cardiff Central and on the trains to Bristol. Obviously stayed with them all day 

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, blocking off Ashton Rd post match was unnecessary. One WPC told me that I’d have walk through the park to get back to the car “because there was trouble before the game”…………..what a load of bollocks . 

Others were complaining as well and when she got distracted I just walked through.

In all the years that I’ve been going to AG I’ve never seen Ashton Rd blocked off before.

There must have been some trouble before the game, I was walking beside a copper who was telling his colleagues how much he "loved it" and boasting that he had blood on his truncheon but he wasn't going to clean it.

Edited by Pezo
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

There must have been some trouble before the game, I was walking beside a copper who was telling his colleagues how much he "loved it" and boasting that he had blood on his truncheon but he wasn't going to clean it.

I believe this is bullshit

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

There was trouble by the Spanish bar and outside the Coopers before the game so I heard.

• Admin
13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I would imagine Avon and Somerset were policing Temple Meads and the blue fewers visit to Swindle.