IGNORED

After The Match Policing Today

Cardy

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, blocking off Ashton Rd post match was unnecessary. One WPC told me that I’d have walk through the park to get back to the car “because there was trouble before the game”…………..what a load of bollocks . 

Others were complaining as well and when she got distracted I just walked through.

In all the years that I’ve been going to AG I’ve never seen Ashton Rd blocked off before.

There was trouble before the game, nearby the entrance to the Dolman. Also, Ashton Road has been previously blocked off and on more than one occasion. 

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

There was trouble before the game, nearby the entrance to the Dolman. Also, Ashton Road has been previously blocked off and on more than one occasion. 

Not in any games that I attended at AG which must number in the hundreds. Must have been during the games I missed.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Wiltshire Constabulary covers Swindon?

Of course, but Rovers fans would have been congregating at Temple Meads (Bristol) before leaving for Swindon - I should assume there was a large presence of Police at Temple Meads waving the Rovers fans off to Swindon (Wiltshire).

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

That would make sense because the copper was walking past the Clarks pie van.

Are you sure, or was he perhaps stopped to savour the delicacies?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not in any games that I attended at AG which must number in the hundreds. Must have been during the games I missed.

They stopped everyone turning right onto Ashton road against Millwall, possibly last year. 

I was forced across the Park , needless to say I was not impressed. 

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Of course, but Rovers fans would have been congregating at Temple Meads (Bristol) before leaving for Swindon - I should assume there was a large presence of Police at Temple Meads waving the Rovers fans off to Swindon (Wiltshire).

Are you sure, or was he perhaps stopped to savour the delicacies?

I got the train over from Bath yesterday and there was indeed a massive police presence at TM before and after the game, funny thing is a large group of Cardiff were allowed to leave and make their way to the centre on their own with no police with them.

I remember the days when Tommy Oalford was the A&S designated football police officer, good bloke was Tommy and well respected, he would often be at train stations with the local plod at away games and have a quiet word with the "high risk" fans asking them to behave etc, not many took much notice mind. 

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I remember the days when Tommy Oalford was the A&S designated football police officer, good bloke was Tommy and well respected, he would often be at train stations with the local plod at away games and have a quiet word with the "high risk" fans asking them to behave etc, not many took much notice mind. 

What happened to the police woman on here as she always updated the forum with facts rather than fiction 

I seen 3 skirmishes between different groups about midday. Young lad got smacked in the nose on duckmoor road, trouble on the entrance next to the park opposite the shop and someone looked like they had taken a hiding by the entrance way to the dolman stand from Ashton way. Lots of police presence aswell 

25 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Amazing how he remembered so many names 

8 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

First time for everything, I s’pose. They’ve certainly disgraced themselves at your place in the past.

Quite boring support really Tranmere brought 600 and made more noise than them yesterday. Also I didn't realise what a horrible dirty team they are and play just like Barton used to and we're lucky not to have a couple sent off.

Edited by Shaun Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shaun Taylor said:

One song only which sends you to sleep and the odd chant about you guys and that's it!

Haha - they’ll never shake their massive inferiority complex. I don’t think they understand just how universally detested they are with Joey at the wheel.

• Haha 1