IGNORED

City are too nice…

Davefevs

6 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

"Leave a bit on someone"? Says it all, really. 

Pack did that twice on Martin.

It didn’t work, basically they’ve appointed their Holden & the bloke who lasted 5 minutes at Preston, haven’t they?

• Like 8

I didn’t think they were “too nice”, I think we just seem to have developed a streetwise streak.

Flint would have known of Semenyo as a youth player. What he wouldn’t have expected now was someone who bullied him in every challenge, beat him up physically and, yeah, left a bit on him (within the rules of the game). 

Was fantastic to see.

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Seen this on the Cardiff forum, can't see him lasting too long

No he won’t - their forum is pointing the finger at Morrison, typical fans criticism, wrong players, wrong tactics, wrong substitutions etc etc. They all know better of course, just like otib when City are a losing run.

We football fans are all the same regardless of which club you support.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I didn’t think they were “too nice”, I think we just seem to have developed a streetwise streak.

Flint would have known of Semenyo as a youth player. What he wouldn’t have expected now was someone who bullied him in every challenge, beat him up physically and, yeah, left a bit on him (within the rules of the game). 

Was fantastic to see.

Yep, particularly Semenyo pissing past Flint as if he wasn’t  there. AS is developing into a very decent striker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Was fantastic to see.

There’s no doubt that we had Flint at his very best and sold him for top dollar as he’d just past his peak. Yesterday he was too slow, ponderous and second best to a (relatively) ‘new kid on the block’ which was great to see!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Most exciting forward we’ve had since Maynard imo. The fact he’s clearly nowhere near the finished article makes him even more exciting.

Truly two-footed strikers are a rare breed (which should be reflected in the price for which he will eventually be sold). I still don’t know which is truly his dominant foot!

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pack did that twice on Martin.

It didn’t work, basically they’ve appointed their Holden & the bloke who lasted 5 minutes at Preston, haven’t they?

Ralls was a bit handy with his elbows too. Off the ball usually.

The couple of cards the ref showed calmed that down and allowed us to play football.

After a few nightmares at AG recently, I feel I should praise yesterday's officials. Let the game flow, got very little wrong, were unobtrusive but professional. 

• Like 11

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

Ralls was a bit handy with his elbows too. Off the ball usually.

The couple of cards the ref showed calmed that down and allowed us to play football.

After a few nightmares at AG recently, I feel I should praise yesterday's officials. Let the game flow, got very little wrong, were unobtrusive but professional. 

Too right.

He doesn’t have a great reputation but got the vast majority right yesterday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Truly two-footed strikers are a rare breed (which should be reflected in the price for which he will eventually be sold). I still don’t know which is truly his dominant foot!

£10M for the left, £10M for the right. You can have both for £35M.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really like this team. It’s the savviest side we’ve had since the Cotterill days. We may not win every game and get thrashed a few times - but Pearson is only keeping players who are interested in being here and are desperate to win. Fans can see that.

I think this is the most I can remember the fans being behind the team since the good times under Lee Johnson some 4 years ago.

I’m confident Pearson will get it right sooner rather than later - not that he isn’t already with the tools he has, I mean getting us higher up the table.

Nail on head. Couldn't agree more mate. Slowly but slowly Nige is chipping away and getting the players on board.

If you don't like it then he's saying you know where the door is, and don't let it hit you on the arse on the way out.

The cosy comfortable days are over thankfully.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Too right.

He doesn’t have a great reputation but got the vast majority right yesterday.

Probably got lucky with the first goal as it didn’t look like he was going to give the foul 

I’m a bit perplexed by Cardiff though, to go from the playoffs to falling like a stone in no time at all, can only assume their owners finances have been more battered than most by the pandemic 

I thought Cam Pring's booking was a sign of the kind of team we are becoming.  Broke up a potential Cardiff break, somewhere near the centre circle so no real danger from the free kick.  Took all the momentum out of Cardiff attack.  I know in an ideal world we would all be super sporting and jolly hockey sticks but in the real world of professional football we need some of the sh1thousery to get anywhere.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I’m a bit perplexed by Cardiff though, to go from the playoffs to falling like a stone in no time at all, can only assume their owners finances have been more battered than most by the pandemic

It looks like they're struggling to shake off the results of several years of long ball, 'muscular' football.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redseptember said:

I thought Cam Pring's booking was a sign of the kind of team we are becoming.  Broke up a potential Cardiff break, somewhere near the centre circle so no real danger from the free kick.  Took all the momentum out of Cardiff attack.  I know in an ideal world we would all be super sporting and jolly hockey sticks but in the real world of professional football we need some of the sh1thousery to get anywhere.

I have to agree with that. I don't like it but I've lost count of the number of times I've got frustrated with teams like Preston under Alex Neill or Cardiff under Warnock where they'd suck momentum out of our attacks for 90 minutes and then nick a goal. I loved the free flowing fluid football we played to get us up under Cotts but the real you can only overwhelm your opposition with fluidity and technique if your players are way better than the opposition (and even then, as we saw last week, teams like Fulham add a lot of aggression into the mix too). We simply don't have enough of an edge on any opponent in this division to win without being a bit streetwise and we're really starting to develop that. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Probably got lucky with the first goal as it didn’t look like he was going to give the foul 

To be fair, we came back from the 2020 pandemic expecting a promotion push and then went into freefall last season.

I think the reality is it doesn't take that much for what previously looked like a good team to suddenly fall apart. They've not made much in the major player sales in the last two years so I think it simply comes down to too many players simultaneously moving past their peak...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair, we came back from the 2020 pandemic expecting a promotion push and then went into freefall last season.

I think the reality is it doesn't take that much for what previously looked like a good team to suddenly fall apart. They've not made much in the major player sales in the last two years so I think it simply comes down to too many players simultaneously moving past their peak...

Exactly what happened here, plus players becoming stagnant with progress as a footballer.  Don’t forget are medical staff breaking players.

1 hour ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

"Leave a bit on someone"? Says it all, really. 

That is part of football like it or not. It’s not about going out there to break legs but you have got to get stuck in and show your Manager and the fans you give a shit…unless you played for Bristol City pre 2021/22 season in which case you were on a nice easy screw.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It looks like they're struggling to shake off the results of several years of long ball, 'muscular' football.

Yep. The new boss has talked about wanting to move away from that to a more expansive passing style, but he's having to try and do it with players who were recruited by previous managers.

Whether he'll get the chance to do it is doubtful.

• Like 1