IGNORED

City are too nice…

Davefevs

I thought they were terrible. A pretty functional average Champ level midfield but a dodgy defence and absolutely nothing up front. Collins is a League One player and Harries well they might as well have had 10 men.

All the hate from their fans for Pack but he was doing his job, without anyone decent to pass the ball to.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I meant to say that yesterday.

The referee was receiving a lot of stick on here pre-match, based on previous performances, but I thought he (and his officials) were very good yesterday.

I only shouted at him twice…once for the trip on Weimann when Martin scored, the other for the throw-in…which showed inconsistency having gold Pack no further than the worn out rugby line, he then let him gain 5 yards.  That annoyed me.

I think someone else mentioned there were no offsides yesterday…the assistants got most throw-in decisions right too.

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

There’s no doubt that we had Flint at his very best and sold him for top dollar as he’d just past his peak. Yesterday he was too slow, ponderous and second best to a (relatively) ‘new kid on the block’ which was great to see!

Totally agree, but there were plenty who questioned why we sold our best players.

Let's also remember that we replaced him with Adam Webster at half the price and then more than doubled our outlay on him.

?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I only shouted at him twice…once for the trip on Weimann when Martin scored, the other for the throw-in…which showed inconsistency having gold Pack no further than the worn out rugby line, he then let him gain 5 yards.  That annoyed me.

I think someone else mentioned there were no offsides yesterday…the assistants got most throw-in decisions right too.

The `non-corner` decision early doors was a shocker though. Also, what would have happened had CM not scored after Flint had fouled Andi? Would he have brought play back for a penalty? It didn`t look like he was intending to.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

In 6/7 months we have progressed from a team of players that most fans detested to a side that gives a sh8t and is leaving everything out on the pitch. Green shoots indeed.

Not good enough progress for some on here, but feels great to have some pride in our players again.

The green shoots are developing very nicely and we’re making decent progress as far as I’m concerned.

Well done lads and Nige and is brilliant to see a team out there playing with guts and pride again. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Not good enough progress for some on here, but feels great to have some pride in our players again.

The green shoots are developing very nicely and we’re making decent progress as far as I’m concerned.

Well done lads and Nige and is brilliant to see a team out there playing with guts and pride again. 

It’s strange that yet again the people who don’t think it’s good enough are conspicuous by their absence since yesterday lunch time. What a terrible way to support a football club ie only show up to bellyache.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yep, particularly Semenyo pissing past Flint as if he wasn’t  there. AS is developing into a very decent striker.

He is actually helping Chris Martin to be a useful striker instead of being left on his own to bully all the opposition's defnders.

And allowing Weimann to operate and roam just behind them.

A strong central midfielder, additional right back/right wing back and an organising hard central defender would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really like this team. It’s the savviest side we’ve had since the Cotterill days. We may not win every game and get thrashed a few times - but Pearson is only keeping players who are interested in being here and are desperate to win. Fans can see that.

I think this is the most I can remember the fans being behind the team since the good times under Lee Johnson some 4 years ago.

I’m confident Pearson will get it right sooner rather than later - not that he isn’t already with the tools he has, I mean getting us higher up the table.

Spot-on……we now seem to have a team that give their all and us supporters are right behind Nige and the players…..not only was this evident yesterday but last week at Fulham, having lost 6-2, the number of us who stayed until the end to applaud Nige and the players off the pitch.

Slowly but surely, I’m sure that Nige will get us competing towards the top of the Championship and who knows……promotion to the “Promised Land”?! ?

COYRs

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really like this team. It’s the savviest side we’ve had since the Cotterill days. We may not win every game and get thrashed a few times - but Pearson is only keeping players who are interested in being here and are desperate to win. Fans can see that.

I think this is the most I can remember the fans being behind the team since the good times under Lee Johnson some 4 years ago.

I’m confident Pearson will get it right sooner rather than later - not that he isn’t already with the tools he has, I mean getting us higher up the table.

Spot-on……we now seem to have a team that give their all and us supporters are right behind Nige and the players…..not only was this evident yesterday but last week at Fulham, having lost 6-2, the number of us who stayed until the end to applaud Nige and the players off the pitch.

Slowly but surely, I’m sure that Nige will get us competing towards the top of the Championship and who knows……promotion to the “Promised Land”?! ?

COYRs

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

He is actually helping Chris Martin to be a useful striker instead of being left on his own to bully all the opposition's defnders.

And allowing Weimann to operate and roam just behind them.

A strong central midfielder, additional right back/right wing back and an organising hard central defender would be the icing on the cake.

He reminds me of those forwards I always wished we had. I remember a young Ishmael Miller absolutely tearing us apart for West Brom with pace, strength and athleticism. 

I think if Semenyo becomes a tiny bit more composed in front of goal he will comfortably end up in the Prem within 18 months. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He reminds me of those forwards I always wished we had. I remember a young Ishmael Miller absolutely tearing us apart for West Brom with pace, strength and athleticism. 

I think if Semenyo becomes a tiny bit more composed in front of goal he will comfortably end up in the Prem within 18 months. 

Miller was a beast physically, but I don’t reckon he had Antoine’s skills.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s strange that yet again the people who don’t think it’s good enough are conspicuous by their absence since yesterday lunch time. What a terrible way to support a football club ie only show up to bellyache.

Yep, you’re so right, but it’s no surprise as they’re nothing but predictable.  They’ll be surfacing again the next time we lose, that’s for sure.

The funny thing is, I thought we may have lost that division in the fanbase when LJ went, but it seems like it’s just transferred to NP instead, which I certainly didn’t anticipate.

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yep, you’re so right, but it’s no surprise as they’re nothing but predictable.  They’ll be surfacing again the next time we lose, that’s for sure.

The funny thing is, I thought we may have lost that division in the fanbase when LJ went, but it seems like it’s just transferred to NP instead, which I certainly didn’t anticipate.

The important thing is the support on match day which has been fantastic given our circumstances. It is a fact that the vast majority of the biggest moaners on here don’t go to matches and it’s utterly bizarre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The important thing is the support on match day which has been fantastic given our circumstances. It is a fact that the vast majority of the biggest moaners on here don’t go to matches and it’s utterly bizarre.

Probably why they spout shit half of the time, as they aren’t at the games to really see what’s going on and to read the mood of the fans who are actually there.  

There’s certainly a really positive vibe in the area where I sit in the SS that’s been missing for a very long time, so there are plenty happy with the direction we’re moving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m surprised on the MDT that some posters who I thought were die-hard fans and went to every game (home at least), don’t actually go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Too right.

He doesn’t have a great reputation but got the vast majority right yesterday.

I thought he was the best we have seen in a while. He handled the crowd well when they played the "the ball on the corner line gag", giving them a thumbs up and a smile. Overall he was a bit of a relief compared to recent performances in our matches.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

You can 'leave something on someone' without it being given as a foul. When teams like Cardiff and Stoke start whining you know you're doing something right. Long may it continue.

The Millwall manager was raging about how his poor little lambs were being treated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1